Closed Thread

Thread: Thinking about returning to Rift

Soulwalker

Default Thinking about returning to Rift

Hey guys!
    I quit playing rift a soon as my paid time ended.. and that was just after the 1.1 bomb was dropped.
    I played a sabo(Who did not?!), but I always wanted to play a MM.... Which weren't a visible spec in PvE nor PvP.

I got really pissed after that patch and felt like the class balance in the game was completely broken, plus a ton of another things that that i did not really like.

I have been looking at the forums now and then, just too see where the game is heading. And I'm finally starting to see a really great game emerge from the shadows.

I just wanted to hear you guys thoughts about the game so far.
    Does the patch-notes "lie"? or is there cheese at the end of the tunnel?

Thank you for taking your time.

Not worth it imo, there are enough things wrong with this game other than class balance.

Besides, you'll just get nerfed into the ground again in the next patch so there's no point even starting a subscription.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by nand chan View Post
    Not worth it imo, there are enough things wrong with this game other than class balance.

Besides, you'll just get nerfed into the ground again in the next patch so there's no point even starting a subscription.
    So whats wrong with the game then??
    I don't really care about a nerf, I care about the overall balance.

How come you still play the game if you think there is a lot of thing wrong with the game? I know you have been playing since launch.

Plane Touched

i usually play sin but i switch to sabo when too many melees are in my group. i'm having a lot of fun blowing guardians up and dealing huge AOE dots to clumps of players. at lvl 50 i can't 1 shot a player in one rotation but rest assured, at least 50% of his HP goes down and if he's near anyone, the're gonna feel it too.

sabo makes me feel like a madman, it's rly fun!

problems with sabo:
    -if the opposite team has a brain (usually they don't), they'll assist on u and u melt instantly. we have no survivability for going 44 sab/22 sin so u gotta play smart.
    -never lay ur charges on a tank build warrior. full rotation yields only 5% of his HP down. your targets should be mages/rogues/clerics.

pve wise, sabo is the way to go in any dungeon! u'll top the dps chart and are safe coz all dungeons have melee hate.
    Last edited by 1sind1; 05-18-2011 at 03:59 AM.

Soulwalker

To the OP:

Come back man. I totally quit playing from 1.1 to 1.2 completely as I really enjoy playing ranged Rogue (I alternate between MM, Rang, Sab) and they were just completely gimped. After 1.2 I can definitely say MM has finally become viable. I haven't had a chance to use Ranger or Sab as my primary soul yet but from what I've gathered on this forum is that they've been boosted a bit as well. I can do more burst DPS now with my MM spec than I did with my Sab pre 1.1.

I used to be pretty much ignored pre 1.2 in Warfronts. Now after my enemies see what I can do to their Healers in short order I am getting targeted much more often..and it's a nice feeling. 8)
    Last edited by The Wumpus; 05-18-2011 at 04:45 AM.

Hi everyone,

There is another duplicate thread with an ongoing discussions about this topic so if you'd like to share your thoughts, you can find it here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...urning-to-Rift

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread