+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Macro help with 44nb/22sin

Soulwalker

Default Macro help with 44nb/22sin

Yo yo rogues, I have a new <maybe not> idea for a NB/AS melee rogue, but I need help with the macro's becaues I have never been good with them. Here is the build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hqgMss.0VMfxcb

I plan on using the abilites, dark malady, expose weakness, primal strike, dusk strike, blazing strike <finisher>, Scourge of Darkness <finisher>, Fiery Spikes, Ebon Fury, poison malice, and dusk to dawn. These are not in any particular order, but hand weaving with t1ish gear i was hitting 700 on boss dummy. So any help people could give with macros to stream line this build would be awesome. Thanks

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Relkin View Post
    Yo yo rogues, I have a new <maybe not> idea for a NB/AS melee rogue, but I need help with the macro's becaues I have never been good with them. Here is the build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hqgMss.0VMfxcb

I plan on using the abilites, dark malady, expose weakness, primal strike, dusk strike, blazing strike <finisher>, Scourge of Darkness <finisher>, Fiery Spikes, Ebon Fury, poison malice, and dusk to dawn. These are not in any particular order, but hand weaving with t1ish gear i was hitting 700 on boss dummy. So any help people could give with macros to stream line this build would be awesome. Thanks
    I can see this being a nice "utility" dps spec, seeing that it has several defensive cooldowns and a 0 point tree for break free use... But you wasted a lot of talents on non-dps increasing abilities, or ones that don't do much at all. If you want a good, raw dps spec check this thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...on-with-Parses

With regards to parses, it depends on the rotation you want to use. For example if you have several 30 energy moves you use on a priority system, that's an easy macro. A good example would be "cast Backstab cast Primal Strike" which would use backstab on cooldown and fill with primal strike.

Telaran

Honestly?

You don't need any macros for so few abilities. Maybe a

#show Dusk Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Primal Strike

if you want to be using Dusk Strike on CD. Also a @mouseover macro for Dark Containment (useful for PvP or PvE - say you get a ranged add you would use this to give the tank time to adjust and pick up threat on it). Maybe another @mouseover macro for Malicious Strike in case you're using this in PvP - it would let you throw down a snare on a secondary target while attacking someone else.

But other than what Equis suggests (which would require you tweaking your build, and it may be worth it for bstab) you don't really need any macros with this build.

p.s. Hey Equis, were you in that Whitefall last night with Hawkes running his Sab/BD build? -Capella
    Last edited by Marne; 05-18-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Rift Disciple

I see Hawkes in many warfronts, and yes he's still using that annoying BD/Sab spec. God that burst hurts lol. When I'm marks against him, I basically have to kill him before getting the 5th charge I much prefer a nightblade spec to counter a sab, with its defensive cooldowns.
    Last edited by Equis; 05-18-2011 at 11:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread