+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crystallized Vampire Blood - Hard Numbers

Default Crystallized Vampire Blood - Hard Numbers

[[ Yeah, I know there was another thread about this, but it was locked. This one's got real data. ]]

With a lot of free time this evening, I figured I could get some hard data about the Crystallized Vampire Blood greater planar essence. Here's what I did:
    • Boss Target Dummy.
    • No poisons/weapon enchants.
    • Nothing but ranged Auto Attacks.
    Shots fired: 3367
    CVB procs: 432
    Observed proc rate: 12.8%
    Actual proc chance: 11.7-14.0% (95% confidence)

Duration of Test: 2 hours, 29 minutes, 5 seconds
    Average procs/min: 2.90
    Min time between procs: 2.6 sec
    Max time between procs: 109 seconds
    Avg time between procs: 20.6 seconds

Because I observed CVB procs on consecutive Auto Attacks, I can conclude that if there is indeed an internal cooldown, then it is definitely less than 2.6 seconds.

It also does not seem to be based on a "ppm" rate, since there was at least one span of nearly two minutes during which the CVB did not proc once, and another span during which the CVB procced 7 times in 54 seconds.

The procs averaged 76.8 damage each, which came out to 3.7 DPS just from auto attack procs. Assuming special shots are fired too, then the CVB should provide upward of that value in actual use.

I am curious as to what others have seen from similar testing.
    Last edited by 2Tib; 05-17-2011 at 09:39 PM. Reason: deleted a repeated word

Default Also, fun story...

The combat log spells it "Crystalized Vampire Blood" with only one L.
    Last edited by 2Tib; 05-17-2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: It's late, and I type all bad-like when it's late.

Now, I haven't tested it with just autoattacks. From what I've seen though, it procs more often than my weapon enhancements. I've seen procrates of over 30% on long fights. CVB DPS is always above 10.

Banned

yea my CVB is always 10 dps or above

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    yea my CVB is always 10 dps or above
    Well that makes sense.

Assuming you are also performing a special attack every 1.3 seconds, then the DPS from CVB should be expected to triple from the DPS I saw (attacking 1 time per 2.6 sec vs attacking 3 times per 2.6 sec).

That would put it at about 11 DPS.

If you're melee, then you'll be auto-attacking a lot faster too, so that would see CVB's DPS go even higher.

This is all assuming there's no internal cooldown. If people are seeing these theoretical numbers in practice, then it seems like that assumption is correct.

just check the plutonus parses going around, always around 15+dps for this, def worth it imo.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Disciple

hi, can you do a test on Baneful rune, Gibbous Shadesource and Mortuous Shadeshard ?

Can't wait to throw this greater into my new sigil because I miss it. Always 10+ DPS and a good proc rate. Useful for many specs.
    Terk - Expert Marksman - Eternal IRON (Belmont)
    Eikke - Justicar (L4x) - Eternal IRON (Belmont)

My Marksman can beat up your Pyro...
    Terk's Guide to Marksman PVP (Cloak and Arrow style)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by SaShiMe View Post
    hi, can you do a test on Baneful rune, Gibbous Shadesource and Mortuous Shadeshard ?
    Mortuous does around ~25dps in a raid with x2 12dmg whetstones.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Did you seriously post all those numbers and then at the very end make assumptions about the only number that actually matters because your test used only auto attacks? CVB is 9 DPS. That is an immutable law of the universe. This thread is unnecessary and you wasted a lot of time.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kyth View Post
    Mortuous does around ~25dps in a raid with x2 12dmg whetstones.
    Thats about double the highest parse I've ever seen with it. Please link your parse where this occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Did you seriously post all those numbers and then at the very end make assumptions about the only number that actually matters because your test used only auto attacks? CVB is 9 DPS. That is an immutable law of the universe. This thread is unnecessary and you wasted a lot of time.
    What's the best greaters to use in order from best to worse, say top 10? I personally don't have the time or resources to test each greater.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    CVB is 9 DPS. That is an immutable law of the universe. This thread is unnecessary and you wasted a lot of time.
    Your definition of "immutable" and "law" is COMPLETELY different to that of the rest of humanity.

Your post is unnecessary and wasted a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Tib View Post
    It also does not seem to be based on a "ppm" rate, since there was at least one span of nearly two minutes during which the CVB did not proc once, and another span during which the CVB procced 7 times in 54 seconds.
    That's not what a ppm system does. You are not guaranteed to get 5 procs in every one-minute period if something has a 5ppm rate. It just means that it calculates how often it should proc based on your attack speed, so someone who auto-attacks every 10 seconds should still see as many procs as someone who attacks every 1 second over a very long period of time.

I average 8-10 DPS from the CVB with 44sab and 26sab builds. I think that CVB likely has a 1.0 second icd or similar, which would explain the discrepancy when compared to other builds. Saboteurs trigger 6-7 damaging hits at once and then go 5 seconds with much fewer hits, so they would see less procs than someone who hits a few times each second since their big spike of damaging abilities can only trigger the proc once. I've never seen the CVB proc twice on one detonate.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Satsujinma View Post
    What's the best greaters to use in order from best to worse, say top 10? I personally don't have the time or resources to test each greater.
    ^^ What she said. Only interested in greaters that at +10 dps or better, being that purple lessers provide ~ 5 dps each.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast