+ Reply to Thread

Thread: whetstones

Telaran

Default whetstones

You can have one on main and offhand and will benefit correct? Guildy is telling me only one benefits so no use to use two.

Sword of Telara

guildy is wrong.

curious but short on time? shoot something with your bow. spam swift shot or so for a bit. then add 1 whetstone to your mainhand. shoot dummy with swift shot. add a 2nd whetstone to your offhand, then swift shot. you will notice a dps increase each time. it puts a blanket buff on your charicter but they DO stack. heck, even if you put a noise canceling coating on your bow it still procs off your melee attacks and so on.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Seyon View Post
    guildy is wrong.

curious but short on time? shoot something with your bow. spam swift shot or so for a bit. then add 1 whetstone to your mainhand. shoot dummy with swift shot. add a 2nd whetstone to your offhand, then swift shot. you will notice a dps increase each time. it puts a blanket buff on your charicter but they DO stack. heck, even if you put a noise canceling coating on your bow it still procs off your melee attacks and so on.
    Thats what I thought. Thanks.

What I find weird is that a whetstone doesn't work with a 2-handed weapon, only 1-handed ones. So my rogue gets the benefit of whetstones, but not my warrior... ah well

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Quince View Post
    What I find weird is that a whetstone doesn't work with a 2-handed weapon, only 1-handed ones. So my rogue gets the benefit of whetstones, but not my warrior... ah well
    massive -something-. i forget the name but there is a version of this for 2h weapons that increases crit damage by 15%. with roughly 30-35% crit and 850 dps on a dummy (not my test) 2 of the +12 whetstones on DW weapons and the +15% crit damage on a 2h weapon both increase dps by the same number. obviously it seems the 15% one will scale with gear better.

+ Reply to Thread