+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Final Blow or Deadly Strike!? Best finisher

Default Final Blow or Deadly Strike!? Best finisher

Trying to figure out which finisher does more dps.

Final blow does 61 dmg with 5 combo points (assassin skill)

Deadly strike does 43 with 5 combo points (bladedancer skill)

Both spells have same description. (Damage bonus from attack power is increased with more combo points.)

In the assassin soul it has Improved final blow, increasing the dmg for final blow by 15% with 3 skill points used.

In the bladedancer soul it has blade finesse, increase the attack power bonus of your deadly strike by 25% with 5 skill points used.

This is for a 33/21 sin/bd build.
    So my question is. Which does more dmg and has the best possible use of skill points. Im not good at adding up the %. If anyone could let me know that would be great, thanks.

Plane Walker

Final blow hits harder. Deadly strike is better because it gives the deadly dance buff.

Champion

Both talents are first tier, however Assassination has other useful talents in that line that you can spend points on to get further into the tree. If you skip Blade Finesse in Bladedancer you're spending 5 points on a defensive stat that, in group scenarios, will see practically no use.

Bladedancer also has Deadly Dance, which will increase the damage of your next two combo point building skills by 21% per combo point so 105% at 5.

Ahhh ok. So Deadly strike would be better to use then correct?

Deadly Strike (with 3 points in Deadly Dance) is the new Sourge of Darkness. It has so many great applications, here are a few:

1. 3 nicely boosted Cadences
    2. Deadly Strike -> Slip Away -> Assassinate (or Jagged Strike) (I have hit for just under 3000 with Assassinate doing this) followed by Serpent Strike Followed by Backstab
    3. Deadly Strike -> Twin Strike x3
    4. 5x Shrapnel -> Deadly Strike -> Puncture -> Detonate
    5. Deadly Strike -> Dusk to Dawn
    6. Deadly Strike -> Fiery Spike (keeps a ticking DoT for over 500 crit per tick)

I have Deadly Strike in all of my melee builds in some way shape or form.

If you regularly use heavy hitting cp builders I think it is, and DS seems to hit for a fair amount anyway. More often now as I trim the fat of my main sequence DS will crit for 2k plus, then with it's deadly dance buff precision strike, quick strike, or back stab can crit as much as a normal finisher in the last patch.
    "Never give up and never surrender!"

So, it's just you 57 cops against KUNG FU JOE? Master of KUNG-FU, KARATE, JIU-JITSU, and all kinds of other shiz you ain't never heard of! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Im not seeing deadly strike being used at all on any sab skills like sharpnel etc even tho it says on combo builders it should

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesey View Post
    Im not seeing deadly strike being used at all on any sab skills like sharpnel etc even tho it says on combo builders it should
    It's a bug that needs fixing. Currently charges get bonus damage from deadly dance but they do not consume the 3 deadly dance charges.

Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    Final blow hits harder. Deadly strike is better because it gives the deadly dance buff.
    ^ this _b

?

+ Reply to Thread