+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fix clerics in PvP

Default Fix clerics in PvP

(Didn't mean to post this on the rogue forums, please move to classes forum section)

It's sickening trying to win just one warfront all day and not being able to get your daily done because of a few impossible to kill rank 6 clerics. I'm a rank 5 MM Rogue with decent built and full pvp gear and whatever i do i just cant take r6 clerics below half health with Pedestal and Imporived Hit and Run up.

If one of them manage to grab the stone in a Whitefall Steppes game its 100% certain she will make it back to their base no matter how many people we have focusing the cleric, let alone havin a raid backin the cleric up.

In the codex WF theres 2 clerics in our shard that stay and camp codex flag threw out the whole game, doesn't matter how many people on our team try to take codex, they are able to heal each other and keep each other alive while interrupting our captures until the other team comes in and clears the area of defiants

I tried going NB for Fell blades and Anathema but it's just not enough, i spam MM purge till all the buffs are gone but that doesn't do a thing their buffs will be back up the instant their off.

On my shard Guardians seem to always have more clerics then the Defiants side, by more i mean they usually have more then 5 per codex/steppes/scion when usually we get one if we're lucky.

Either put a cap into the amount of clerics able to play a WF or reduce the amount they can heal in pvp or give all classes a healing reduction like Fell blades.

I'm usually not the one to ***** in the forums about nerfing classes, i've enjoyed my rogue before patch 1.2 and still do. But what really triggered me into making this thread was when we were finally going to win one blackgarden WF, the score was 40 - 400, only to see that one rank 6 cleric to join the guardian team and win the game cause the cleric managed to capture the flag and keep their team alive, its a game breaker >.<

Anyone else having the same problems with rank 6 clerics on their shard?

(Didn't mean to post this on the rogue forums, please move to classes forum section)
    Last edited by Valarcrist; 05-17-2011 at 10:47 AM.
    P8rogue P7mage P5warrior

I SUPPORT ARENA FOR RIFT

Shadowlander

Funny that this should be accidentally posted to the rogue forum. See, rogues are the only class that kills me in warfronts on my cleric. And I'm not talking about fotm MM rogues. I'm talking about well played melee rogues. Those suckers are a thorn in my side! Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying rogues are overpowered, not at all. There will always be a class that is somebodies bane, and well played melee rogues are that for me.

Prophet of Telara

Not trying to start any **** on the rogue forums (I'm a cleric but I have a rogue alt so I'm here looking for info...played a rogue for many years in other games so I'm a stealther at heart) but, as a marksman, you just aren't equipped to kill a healing specced cleric. You've got really good tools to assist in the killing of a healing specced cleric but you are the wrong tool for the job in a 1v1. One thing to remember, even numbers dps vs healer (1v1, 2v2, etc) ends in a stalemate. You're pumping out damage and the healer is healing it...that's the way it's supposed to work. There are some really good 1v1 rogue specs out there that put a lot of pressure on healers even in 1v1. I don't know what they are because I'm on the receiving end but I do know they exist. Marksman isn't one of them...most decent healers can pressure a marksman with waterjet, it's a support spec at best.

For you to have any chance 1v1 you have to have a healing debuff and a good melee spec. Also, keep in mind the game is set up so that you aren't really supposed to be able to kill a healer 1v1...the two are designed to offset each other at the basic level. That's not to say it's impossible, on the contrary...it's very possible. You just have to bring the right tools to the fight...something to break the stalemate. Being a better player than the cleric certainly helps, there is a benefit to having decent skills in this game (not as rock, paper, scissory as some other games). But if the healer is better than you...or even just as good as you, the stalemate will be the result (unless you let him kill you with waterjet lol).
    Last edited by Maladon; 05-17-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maladon View Post
    Not trying to start any **** on the rogue forums (I'm a cleric but I have a rogue alt so I'm here looking for info...played a rogue for many years in other games so I'm a stealther at heart) but, as a marksman, you just aren't equipped to kill a healing specced cleric. You've got really good tools to assist in the killing of a healing specced cleric but you are the wrong tool for the job in a 1v1. One thing to remember, even numbers dps vs healer (1v1, 2v2, etc) ends in a stalemate. You're pumping out damage and the healer is healing it...that's the way it's supposed to work. There are some really good 1v1 rogue specs out there that put a lot of pressure on healers even in 1v1. I don't know what they are because I'm on the receiving end but I do know they exist. Marksman isn't one of them...most decent healers can pressure a marksman with waterjet, it's a support spec at best.

For you to have any chance 1v1 you have to have a healing debuff and a good melee spec. Also, keep in mind the game is set up so that you aren't really supposed to be able to kill a healer 1v1...the two are designed to offset each other at the basic level. That's not to say it's impossible, on the contrary...it's very possible. You just have to bring the right tools to the fight...something to break the stalemate. Being a better player than the cleric certainly helps, there is a benefit to having decent skills in this game (not as rock, paper, scissory as some other games). But if the healer is better than you...or even just as good as you, the stalemate will be the result (unless you let him kill you with waterjet lol).
    Cal, what the heck are you posting here for! You sound very logical on your response! Shame on you!

In all seriousness, Mal is spot on. Now I just need to learn from him (in our guild chat) what rogues are really pressuring him in melee. I would imagine it's the 51 sin, the NB with fellblades, and/or the sin with the new buff to the BD finisher that increases damage for the next X seconds.

I _hope_ that the 51 sin or the sin/bd combo is enough to kill a healer without a heal debuff. I know the sin has the poison to increase spell mana points per spell which I would certainly put up but no heal debuff worries me. Nightblade seems ok but not my playstyle - need perma stealth and melee animations.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidar View Post
    Cal, what the heck are you posting here for! You sound very logical on your response! Shame on you!
    I got my rogue (Caliban for those of you wondering why he called me Cal and Mal in the same post) to 18 last night.

I actually think both specs have their benefits. Against a warden though, healing debuff is crucial. There's exactly one rogue who has managed to kill me without a heal debuff 1v1 and there were mitigating circumstances even then (I had just soul walked). Heal debuff, lots of melee pressure and a well timed cc (silence or kick or whatever rogues get) to keep the healer from using the 45 second instant he's kept in his back pocket til he got low enough and it's all over but the crying on the forums. We can talk specifics later though ^^

+ Reply to Thread