+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So I just have to hope 29.2 daggers will some day drop for me?

Shadowlander

Default So I just have to hope 29.2 daggers will some day drop for me?

Hey all,

Is there anyway other than running AP, DSM or RD for a chance at a 29.2 dagger?

I've been chain-running these as often as I can and haven't gotten lucky yet.

I don't really have the opportunity to raid just yet (especially without better daggers) so going to Greenscale or River of Souls isn't really an option.

Thanks,

Daniel
    <a href=http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?23499-Now-Forming-Elysium-A-Defiant-PvE-Raiding-Guild-US target=_blank>http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...iding-Guild-US</a>

Sword of Telara

pretty much :-/ if youre the "im taking fate into my own hands!" (less luck more work) then i think the pvp weapons require rank 5?

You should be able to sneak into at least the early part of GS with sub-29 DPS daggers, as long as your spec is decent.

Farm those instances, and pray one of the (comparatively) bad weapons from GSB drops that no one wants. Fury is about the only weapon out of there that I want, tbh (and the dagger from the 10-man first boss).

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Seyon View Post
    pretty much :-/ if youre the "im taking fate into my own hands!" (less luck more work) then i think the pvp weapons require rank 5?

29.2 dagger is rank 4 now, costs about 40K favor.

Ascendant

The chance of them dropping in T2s is much, much lower than before.

Good luck.

Shadowlander

Just the thought of having to do a PvP grind to get better gear for PvE is giving me WoW nightmares. I hope this isnt the case.
    <a href=http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?23499-Now-Forming-Elysium-A-Defiant-PvE-Raiding-Guild-US target=_blank>http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...iding-Guild-US</a>

Quote Originally Posted by solocleric View Post
    Just the thought of having to do a PvP grind to get better gear for PvE is giving me WoW nightmares. I hope this isnt the case.
    Well the PvP weapons don't have hit on them. So if you're focused on PvE, you may want to stick to grinding dungeons and get the ones with hit.

Champion

I actually found it easier to obtain them now, heck I finally got the AP 29.2 dagger and its the first time I ever saw it drop.

It can drop off the final boss as well as the boss that specifically drops it, and the final boss with always drops a purple so theres a pretty decent chance of it dropping.

But yeah its still random and if you want a sure way you'll have to do stuff like pvp.

Though as people have said a good spec will still let you do raid stuff if you can scrounge the hit even with lower weapons (though I would say theres a limit to how low :P)

farm plats, buy abyssal hatchet
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Champion of Telara

If you think it's easier for you to get the PvP weapons, then you are in for another story. It's a little easier after the last patch, I'll say that much, but it's still a pretty hefty grind to get them. It's taken me months to get them, and I just now this morning got my 2nd one.

But why is it so urgent for the daggers? Go with a bow for a work around until you get the daggers. Unless they changed it, there is a 36.0 DPS bow that drops and you will occasionally see one on the AH. Rune Carved Bow or something like that. I spent like 50p on mine and it was worth every penny. There is also a more common 32.0 DPS bow that can be crafted. The 36.0 DPS bow has +hit on it too.

If you get that bow and stick to a ranged spec, then it won't be so urgent for better daggers. It's how I got by in PvP until I got the PvP daggers(I don't PvE much at all). And I'm still using the bow because it's better than the PvP gun of equal dps.

Then when you get daggers, go melee again and it's much better.

Rift Disciple

The trouble with the PVP daggers is No hit or valor, Its alot of flavour to use on items. I'd say keep grinding

Soulwalker

You could be like me and still be with the Riptide Kris (25.2dps) to compliment my relic Fang of the Life Lord. Really impresses when people inspect me ;)

You aren't alone in lack of daggers. Done 20-30 T2's since I hit 50 and have yet to get any of the daggers, or any dps leather. Gotten enough tank leather, mostly blues, to tank T1's in the meantime, as well as 8 or so rings, 3-4 necklaces, 2 36 dps bows, and 2-3 trinkets.

I just figure, so long as I'm getting my plaques, I'll keep the grind going till I finally get all the gear I need.

I'm in the same boat you are, except my problem is replacing my bow.

I've been using the 32.5DPS Corpse Maker from FC expert since my FIRST EXPERT RUN. I have grinded out enough plaques to buy full T1 DPS gear, a pinch of T2 DPS gear, and cobble out a tank set with 159 toughness and 9k health.

I have never seen a 36.0 DPS bow drop in an expert dungeon, even running RD/CC or both every day when I play.

I have also never seen a Rune Carved Bow on the AH either on my server.

I play MM 90% of the time and this single slot of gear would do more to help me than replacing 5 pieces of my armor.

Sometimes, the RNG is just a hater. You must overwhelm it with pure grinding force.

Try a different spec every run to keep it interesting =)
    Terk - Expert Marksman - Eternal IRON (Belmont)
    Eikke - Justicar (L4x) - Eternal IRON (Belmont)

My Marksman can beat up your Pyro...
    Terk's Guide to Marksman PVP (Cloak and Arrow style)

Quote Originally Posted by Unit Five View Post

Try a different spec every run to keep it interesting =)
    Have been, lol. Battle Bard, MM/Sin PvP build I used to have, and melee ranger. I have probably seen enough cleric gear to equip 2-3 clerics fully, every slot. For both healing and tank gear. RNG is so unforgiving sometimes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast