+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rogue DPS

SKu
    Telaran

Default Rogue DPS

Anyone else not very impressed with the changes? Sure we do some more dps now, and it seems amazing compared to the wiffle bats we use to hit with.. but end game PvE, Clerics and mages still beat rogues by far, warriors are about on par with rogues, sometimes less.

This is taking GSB and RoS into account, not t2's.
    Clerics can tank, main heal, and now top dps, time to retire the rogue I think and finish leveling up that 35 cleric!

And for reference, my build dps:
    Melee: 1k
    Ranged: 900-950

Our top dpsers on GSB boss fights, clerics 1.4k dps.

Thoughts?

Must be nice to have a surplus of clerics....

Default Sounds like its you not rogues

I do anywhere from 1k-1.3k dps in all fights in GSB, I tank greenscale so i havn't dps that encounter, but this week in RoS i did 1,230 dps even with some poor RNG (calling my name to hold dps).

I do have relic bow, and 2 non plaque gear peices of T3, but i'm in mainly t2.

On practice dummy, i can do 980dps self buffed... 1,200 with bard buffs.

I run 31/18/17 Ranger/marks/Assas, if you want to see what the build looks like go to l2pguild.com its under class discussion - Rogue.

I look at our parsers compared to other guilds, and raid wide, we have some of the highest dps i've seen. In out top 5 dps its normally 2, sometimes 3 rogues. Warriors are good, Mages are good, Clerics are good, Rogues are good... it comes down to spec/rotations and thats where rogues have it slightly harder.

I did 1426 on Plutonus in RoS this week with t2 gear (including weapons). That's with the Sab/Sin/BD spec. I do ~100 less with BD/Sin/NB, and that build will scale better with weapon/armor upgrades. With 34 DPS weapons, rogues can easily do 1500-1600 DPS single target.

If you're only doing 900-1k in melee or range, you need to improve your spec and/or rotation, or handle mechanics better.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

SKu
    Telaran

I've tried nearly every spec. I'm geared in the best t2's possible, all epic planar essences. I have tried the RNG spec, the MM spec, the new BD spec, the NB spec. I use rotations and macros and have failed to see anything go higher then 1k with raid buffs on single target bosses.

What is your BD/Sin/NB spec, what are your rotations, i bet they are nearly the same.
    Last edited by SKu; 05-17-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Sez

1233 raid buffed on the Lord Greenie fight with the 44sab build. (Cupcake +whets of course)

My guild thought I was a god.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SKu View Post
    I've tried nearly every spec. I'm geared in the best t2's possible, all epic planar essences. I have tried the RNG spec, the MM spec, the new BD spec, the NB spec. I use rotations and macros and have failed to see anything go higher then 1k with raid buffs on single target bosses.
    whetstones, powersurge vials, spotters order.

And as much as you've tried nearly "every" spec, you didnt list "THE SPEC" that dinadiss uses which i use as well and easily pulls 1500-1600 dps with 1 34dps weapon (as he's stated and is quite accurate, tho i was using a +6 whetstone instead of 12) on plutonus

General of Telara

i always top the dps meter on GSB fight as my rogue, 31ranger/17assassin/18 MM or 31ranger/32assassin/3nb
    Last edited by darkchicken; 05-17-2011 at 09:19 AM.

What is your BD/Sin/NB spec, what are your rotations, i bet they are nearly the same.
    We had 6 DPS rogues on Plutonus and every single one of them was over 1k with cipher removed, 4 of them are using t2 weapons.

Are you using whetstones? 35/40 dex+str pots? Living Energy/Fervor? Do you have constant lagspikes?

SKu
    Telaran

I am not including whetstones or potions, do they really add another 200-400 dps to a build?

Rift Disciple

I am not including whetstones or potions, do they really add another 200-400 dps to a build?
    +12 whetstones easily add a good 200 dps. the potion adds about 30-50 dps.

Can't really say for sure how your raid buffs are setup on what you're getting and whats constantly up

as well as exact rotation.

The dps build me and dinadiss use is the 26sab/19bd/21sin with a rotation much easier than NB or ranger build

Plane Touched

There used to be a perfect world where warriors were the best tanks..
    There used to be a perfect world where mages where the best dps...
    There used to be a perfect world where rogues where the second best dps...
    There used to be a perfect world where clerics where the best healers..

And that is why to the warrior plate was given so that they could take more dmg than anyone else...
    And that is why to the mages cloth was given to allow them to be the real glass cannon..
    And that is why to the rogues leather was given to allow them to have high movability and damage output.
    And that is why to the clerics chain was given to allow them to hold on their own when under focused fire...

What happened to this perfect world?
    Because as far as I can see, BM warriors were and maybe still are the highest dps while wearing plate armor
    Mages are struggling to keep up with the warrior dps and still wear cloth armor...
    Rogues are no where near where they should be with dps and people come up with ******ed rotations that involte slip away just to keep up ... Yet still they wear leather armor.
    And clerics... This one is my favorite, they main tank, they main heal, they main dps.

Any cleric that is not a monkey knows that is the best class for tanking, the best class for dps and the best class for healing.

Can we please go back to
    war = tank
    Mage = dps
    rogue = burst dps
    cleric = healer

Dont get me wrong, I Love the multispec..
    What i think is completely out of line is the fact that :

Clerics have better dps then classes that ARE MADE to dps. Why?
    Warriors are lesser tanks and better dps then classes that ARE MADE to tank and dps. Why?
    Rogues are lesser dps than classes that are NOT meant to dps. Why?
    And mages aswell are less dps then classes that are NOT meant to dps. Seriously , Why?.

Its the rock / paper / scissor rotation that keeps balance and roles to place, the way things are right now is just a random pick on whichever class is the next to be the FOTM that is better at doing something that is NOT meant to be done by that very class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristoph View Post
    I think everyone already stopped expecting Trion to be even remotely competent when it comes to PvP balance.

+12 whetstones are more like 100ish DPS from what I've seen, although I suppose that varies based on spec. Because of how they apply the damage, putting one on your offhand contributes the same amount of DPS increase as your mainhand, so don't skimp out and only use one. They also affect ranged attacks.

You also want to ensure that someone in keeping Spotter's Order up since that's a solid 100-150+ DPS gain for every DPSer in the raid. Archon cooldowns as often as possible, Chloromancers using Entropic Veil, etc. It all adds up, and that's how people hit really high DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Playahr View Post
    There used to be a perfect world where warriors were the best tanks..
    There used to be a perfect world where mages where the best dps...
    There used to be a perfect world where rogues where the second best dps...
    There used to be a perfect world where clerics where the best healers..

And that is why to the warrior plate was given so that they could take more dmg than anyone else...
    And that is why to the mages cloth was given to allow them to be the real glass cannon..
    And that is why to the rogues leather was given to allow them to have high movability and damage output.
    And that is why to the clerics chain was given to allow them to hold on their own when under focused fire...

What happened to this perfect world?
    Because as far as I can see, BM warriors were and maybe still are the highest dps while wearing plate armor
    Mages are struggling to keep up with the warrior dps and still wear cloth armor...
    Rogues are no where near where they should be with dps and people come up with ******ed rotations that involte slip away just to keep up ... Yet still they wear leather armor.
    And clerics... This one is my favorite, they main tank, they main heal, they main dps.

Any cleric that is not a monkey knows that is the best class for tanking, the best class for dps and the best class for healing.

Can we please go back to
    war = tank
    Mage = dps
    rogue = burst dps
    cleric = healer

Dont get me wrong, I Love the multispec..
    What i think is completely out of line is the fact that :

Clerics have better dps then classes that ARE MADE to dps. Why?
    Warriors are lesser tanks and better dps then classes that ARE MADE to tank and dps. Why?
    Rogues are lesser dps than classes that are NOT meant to dps. Why?
    And mages aswell are less dps then classes that are NOT meant to dps. Seriously , Why?.

Its the rock / paper / scissor rotation that keeps balance and roles to place, the way things are right now is just a random pick on whichever class is the next to be the FOTM that is better at doing something that is NOT meant to be done by that very class.
    Hell no, to all of this. Things are more fun and interesting in Rift than games that conform to what you want.
    Last edited by Dinadass; 05-17-2011 at 09:42 AM.

Sword of Telara

whetstones give me 50ish dps on a combat dummy. i imagine it would be larger in a 20 man raid (never raided without them). if you had a piece of gear that would stack with your current, like a 3rd ring that gave you +35 dex, +15 str, +20 crit and +10 ap. would you totally ignore that piece of gear? without scaling (+15% dex and such) thats basicly a potion or flask or whatever they are called in this game. (elixir?). yeah, if you arent trying your hardest and doing everything you can you definately cant right off the class, i imagine the cleric is.

for the record: im -mostly- T2 (no T3) with T2 weapons and do around 1.1K-1.3K depending on the fight (1.26K on inf is probably my highest for a downed boss)

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    I did 1426 on Plutonus in RoS this week with t2 gear (including weapons). That's with the Sab/Sin/BD spec. I do ~100 less with BD/Sin/NB, and that build will scale better with weapon/armor upgrades. With 34 DPS weapons, rogues can easily do 1500-1600 DPS single target.

If you're only doing 900-1k in melee or range, you need to improve your spec and/or rotation, or handle mechanics better.
    Your on crack, pls post or send me some kind of link with this parse of you doing that much damage =P.
    Also, in parsers on plutanus you have to make sure you arn't crediting yourself with his "Chain lightning" ability. Its damage gets credited towards your own instead of his so you have to go back and take that out. No one is doing 1500-1600 single target dps ^^ so don't feel like that is a reasonable benchmark, 1,000+ is your goal, if all your dps manages to hit that then your raid wide dps will be really good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast