+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee range MM

Default Melee range MM

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0xoVzAudR.0VMz

Energy back on finishers, Blade Tempo for physical damage boost, self dex buff. Still uses MM attacks, but rotates in Deadly Strike for the Deadly Dance buff on the Hit and Run uses. Get to 5 CP, Blade Tempo, Deadly Strike for buff, Imp. Hit n Run, 3x Empowered, Deadeye, 3x Empowered, Deadly Strike, 3x Empowered, Deadeye, repeat. With Deadly Strike mixed in for the 105% increase to Empowered, and Blade Tempo to supplement the extra 30% damage to all the Empowered and Deadeye, seems like this could be capable of some pretty crazy burst, but also allow for some good overall sustained dps.

The build also allows for easy use at range when needed.

Any thoughts on it's viability?

Shield of Telara

That rotation looks like a nightmare compared to straight marksman. Ouch...
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Eh, it's just weaving in a deadly strike between deadeye shots, when possible to be in melee range. When staying at ranged, it should play the exact same as every other MM ranged build.

Shield of Telara

I would have to mess with my rotation to see if I gain anything by using empowered shot and deadeye. In the first minute that is rarely the case. My current rotation pretty much looks like the following.

# = number of swift shots
    r = rapid fire shot
    h = hasted shot

|------------- Minute one ---------------|
    5r5h5h, ihr, 5r5h5h, rr, ihr, 5r5h5h
    |- Minute two ---|
    5r5h5h, 5r5h5h

Go to Minute one rotation.
    That rotation will leave you energy capped.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Why? Bladedancer hits harder than Marksman when you spec it properly. You're trying to to tailor a range build for one skill - Deadly Dance, but it won't perform close to properly specc'd melee build.

Don't compare this to a melee ranger build either as this won't perform anywhere close to it on the fights it is appropriate to.

Just for an abstract build. I like thinking of random things that go outside of conventional thinking. Just trying to get some feedback on whether this is even feasible or not. I know it won't play the same as melee ranger, which his currently my main spec on my rogue, but it's just something that could be neat to play as.

On the topic of abstract builds, currently using a Battle Bard build for my bard setup, with 36 bard, 22 BD, and 8 Sin. Pretty fun, and beats the hell outa just sitting back providing motifs to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Calysto View Post
    [url]Imp. Hit n Run, 3x Empowered, Deadeye, 3x Empowered, Deadly Strike, 3x Empowered, Deadeye...
    Why trade between the two different finishers?

Wouldn't you just look at either:
    • Deadeye Shot + 3 Empowered Shots

or

• Deadly Strike + 3 Empowered Shots
    and only use whichever does more damage?

That could work too, but at work currently, so no testing from me for awhile. This is just all my random throwing together, with no real idea of how it would work. Just my love of the abstract builds.

Abstract, like in WAR, playing a Witch Hunter, (assassin of the Order side), and stacking for ranged stat + parry, and only staying in melee long enough to get a stun off and get back to ranged to kite. To my knowledge at the time, I was the only person even doing something like that, and yet was constantly destroying the opposition and told by the top guilds of the other faction that I was the one WH they feared.

Abstract, while not always the best or even a viable answer, can lead to some amazing builds. That said, I'm sure most of my random abstract builds in Rift can easily be outdone by something else that's been said or thought up already. Just doing my part to keep the thoughts rolling.
    Last edited by Calysto; 05-17-2011 at 11:40 AM.

Sword of Telara

im very curious to see how this works as well. given, im also at work and cant do any test

Sword of Telara

trade offs (from, say, 51 MM 10 NB 5x)

losing:
    20% damage buff (from pedistal)
    10% damage buff (from crual vengence in sin)
    20% critical damage
    15% combo builder
    15% finisher damage
    5% damage (melted skin 1/2)
    xx% of master archer

gaining:
    105% damage bonus on 3/4ths of combo builders
    9% dex
    10% energy efficiency (15 energy every cycle. (in a given emp, swift x3, deadly thats 40 30 30 30 20? =150))
    30% physical damage CD up 12.5% of the time

i could see it going either way, hoever, atm im leaning towards the normal marksman build. thats about 50% (counting the 15% to combo builder and finisher as 15%, ignoring the enhancements admitingly).

Quote Originally Posted by Calysto View Post
    Just for an abstract build. I like thinking of random things that go outside of conventional thinking. Just trying to get some feedback on whether this is even feasible or not. I know it won't play the same as melee ranger, which his currently my main spec on my rogue, but it's just something that could be neat to play as.

On the topic of abstract builds, currently using a Battle Bard build for my bard setup, with 36 bard, 22 BD, and 8 Sin. Pretty fun, and beats the hell outa just sitting back providing motifs to the group.
    I agree with you on the Battle Bard build (or Bard Dancer as I like to call it) - I've started using it on raids myself. The healing is great but I also find my close proximity to the tank means he is the recipient of my heals and healing procs much more often than when I played as a ranged bard. Also doing 500 DPS instead of 200DPS doesn't hurt the raid.
    Last edited by Upright; 05-17-2011 at 02:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread