+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Suggestion] @Trion RE: 51-Assassin Burst/DPS

Telaran

Default [Suggestion] @Trion RE: 51-Assassin Burst/DPS

Replace 36-point Debilitating Poison (which I have never met anybody who uses this) with the following:

36 Debilitating Poison
    Desc: Increase damage from your poison-coated weapons by 15%, in addition to increasing the attack power bonus applied to Final Blow by 3.5% per point invested above 36.

A 51-assassin now has the burst they require since virtually everbody is now immune to our stun and snare.

/Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Sin000 View Post
    Replace 36-point Debilitating Poison (which I have never met anybody who uses this) with the following:

36 Debilitating Poison
    Desc: Increase damage from your poison-coated weapons by 15%, in addition to increasing the attack power bonus applied to Final Blow by 3.5% per point invested above 36.

A 51-assassin now has the burst they require since virtually everbody is now immune to our stun and snare.

/Discuss
    mmm, if sin gets anymore burst people are going to die Before they come out of stealth. Also, the stun from stealth is not your only opener, and your main damage does not come from actively hitting the guy, but bleeds that are ticking. get a few bleeds up, hit a finisher, and your burst is not laughable, even if they laugh at your stun.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 05-17-2011 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

I know your speaking of PVP but has anyone raided with a 51 sin? Whatcha think? Where did you put your remaining points?
    Dream for 1.3:
    *Crafters Rejoice - We've reduced all deposits when listing your wares on the Auctioneer by 75%. This only applies to player made items.
    *Quest Journal: Increased in size from 25 to 50. Also, guild quests, world event quests and crafting quests no longer contribute to your quest count. No more pesky messages!
    *New Portal System: All death platforms can now be used as portals. Each platform has a short quest that must be completed to unlock it's potential. Travel expenses have been reduced and now cost by the distance traveled and not the distance from your home city.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    mmm, if sin gets anymore burst people are going to die Before they come out of stealth. Also, the stun from stealth is not your only opener, and your main damage does not come from actively hitting the guy, but bleeds that are ticking. get a few bleeds up, hit a finisher, and your burst is not laughable, even if they laugh at your stun.
    True, I wasn't referring to opening with paralyzing strike though I was referring to mainly foul play and malicous strike hardly ever working now with the diminishing returns on CCs. And our main dmg does not come from bleeds unless you always jagged/impale your target. On a standard Assassinate rotation your bleeds account for less than 20% of your damage.
    Last edited by Sin000; 05-17-2011 at 08:11 AM.

I use debillitating poison all the time, if you arent using it your probly getting owned by casters.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    I use debillitating poison all the time, if you arent using it your probly getting owned by casters.
    How does increasing their mana usage by 25% help kill them faster though?

How does increasing their mana usage by 25% help kill them faster though?
    You ever watch how fast their mana drops when applied?

using a 51sin/15BD build im dropping 2k-2.2k serpent strikes on people wearing good gear.

posted a thread to show this video - at 43seconds in i drop 4532 damage on in the span of 1 second (2 gcds with 2kserp/ 800 weapon barrage/ 1k backstab and i think 753 savage)

i dont know how much more burst you want sins to have in PVP, but personally im pretty happy with where its at right now. i Can pop some peoplein the course of a 4 sec stun, or just after. This particular spec is kind of all or nothing, if they get away from me it can be hard to recover... burst or bust.. There are plenty of options for better all around PVP spec going 32 pts (or deeper) into sin..

Just saying, i think sin is pretty good where its at- i dont want to be guaranteed a kill all the time just cause i spec'd a certain way, having a build in the game that is TOO good just leads to everyone playing that spec and pvp becomes homogenized and repetitive

and yes i run debilitating poison...
    Last edited by Azath; 05-17-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbit View Post
    I know your speaking of PVP but has anyone raided with a 51 sin? Whatcha think? Where did you put your remaining points?
    I have.
    It's pretty horrible dps compared to other builds but it's fun hitting slip away on raid wipes (if its up), switching to bard, and rezzing people while they laugh at you for being a sneaky/ninja 51pt assassin.

yes, i felt useful, my dps wasn't the lowest but it wasn't the highest, ever.
    but it was a raid full of less than 1k dps parses, couple people not really geared for it, and of course the raid was mostly newbies to GSB.

sort of like some other poster on this forum said.
    "Being the smartest kid on the short bus isn't really something I'd brag about...."

51pt assassin is very much lacking viability for any "serious" pve raid.
    it isn't the worst but its pretty far down the list currently.
    <Vox Mortis>

Quote Originally Posted by Malformed View Post
    I have.
    It's pretty horrible dps compared to other builds but it's fun hitting slip away on raid wipes (if its up), switching to bard, and rezzing people while they laugh at you for being a sneaky/ninja 51pt assassin.

yes, i felt useful, my dps wasn't the lowest but it wasn't the highest, ever.
    but it was a raid full of less than 1k dps parses, couple people not really geared for it, and of course the raid was mostly newbies to GSB.

sort of like some other poster on this forum said.
    "Being the smartest kid on the short bus isn't really something I'd brag about...."

51pt assassin is very much lacking viability for any "serious" pve raid.
    it isn't the worst but its pretty far down the list currently.
    Using Slip Away just to avoid dying in a wipe is not utilising the skill to its potential. Slip Away should be used to re-apply Jagged Strike preferably after Deadly Dance is up. Also Slip Away is a 31 point ability so doesn't really relate to the question of 51 point assassins.
    Last edited by Upright; 05-18-2011 at 03:37 PM.

Shadowlander

as a 51 pt sin, 13 bd,

i never have a problem with burst, and i never use final blow

assassinate. malicious strike, punture, deadly strike, backstab, serpent strike, dead... slip away, repeat
    Last edited by Keenly; 05-18-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Upright View Post
    Using Slip Away just to avoid dying in a wipe is not utilising the skill to its potential. Slip Away should be used to re-apply Jagged Strike preferably after Deadly Dance is up. Also Slip Away is a 31 point ability so doesn't really relate to the question of 51 point assassins.
    like I said, IF SLIP AWAY IS UP.
    and yes, it relates to 51pt assassin because every single 51pt assassin out there HAS and uses slip away.
    not everyone has deadly dance yet so I made no mention of it.
    Last edited by Malformed; 05-18-2011 at 10:41 PM.
    <Vox Mortis>

Telaran

On that note, the whole point of this thread wasn't to discuss our awesomeness dps with deadly dance, because then you fail to understand that the assassin soul relies on a bladedancer specific ability in order to achieve enough dps in pvp, furthermore many are claiming they still need to slip away mid rotation and start again to kill their target. Claiming great dps with deadly dance in your build does not address the fact that the assassin soul needs a damage buff. A player should be able to do an 51-assassin>anyothersoul and do comparatively just fine. All Trion did was turn an assassin>nightblade only build for pvp into an assassin>bladedancer build.
    Last edited by Sin000; 05-19-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Telaran

On that note, the whole point of this thread wasn't to discuss our awesomeness dps with deadly dance, because then you fail to understand that the assassin soul relies on a bladedancer specific ability in order to achieve enough dps in pvp, furthermore many are claiming they still need to slip away mid rotation and start again to kill their target. Claiming great dps with deadly dance in your build does not address the fact that the assassin soul needs a damage buff. A player should be able to do an 51-assassin>anyothersoul and do comparatively just fine. All Trion did was turn an assassin>nightblade only build for pvp into an assassin>bladedancer build.
    I would just like to ask a question for the pros out there please. Sure I can final blow for 1.6k/1.7kish against someone only in dungeon gear or no gear, but is there a way to acheive enough burst dps after stealth to kill someone in pvp gear without deadly dance? That's what I mean by assassin soul needing a buff if your answer is no.

+ Reply to Thread