+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Solid MM PVP build - start killing stuff

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    81

    Default Solid MM PVP build - start killing stuff

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...b.EMtRqzAudo.x

    Start killing stuff with this build

    PS: Don't use this to 1v1. Use this in WFs. Hang out with a group.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I was wondering if you start in melee range with stun then keep distance while shooting on running? What is your dps cycle?

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Varian Wrynn View Post
    I was wondering if you start in melee range with stun then keep distance while shooting on running? What is your dps cycle?
    Depends on a lot of factors.

    If my targets aren't aiming at me, I'd throw off a few purges then barbed shot -> Improved hit and run -> Empowered/Deadeye shot cycle until dead (throw in Bulls Eye in there somewhere), while keeping barbed shot up. If Improved hit and run fades, use Quick Reload and start again. If both are down,then use Swift shot to build up and macro Rapid Fire Shot and Hasted shot together, casting Rapid fire shot whenever possible. Only use Strafe if Improved hit and run is down.

    If melee gets close to me, there's a few things I can use: Repelling shot, Paralyzing Strike, Crossfire, Retreat, Getaway. Basically, keep kiting and keep barbed shot up. Use break free when necessary.

    Poisons: Cloudy poison & Lethal poison.

    This is a single-target build, NOT an AOE build. The point is to burn 1 target down as fast as you can and move onto the next target, rinse & repeat.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    gonna call BS to this build..#


    MM to eradicate or MM/NB will kill far many more people than this, I gtee a cleric can out heal this build easily. Without Eradicate or fellblades your like an annoying fly to him/her.

  5. #5
    Telaran sourdiesel22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    93

    Default

    i run this build but need to be at least rank4 pvp but the damage is nasty.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0xoVzhz.xx0M0c


    also watch this vid i made showing some of the crits i land on ppl.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwxnsoJsnqA

    or this crit i landed last night too bad i wasnt recording..

    http://i54.tinypic.com/9b92c8.jpg

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azzazal View Post
    gonna call BS to this build..#


    MM to eradicate or MM/NB will kill far many more people than this, I gtee a cleric can out heal this build easily. Without Eradicate or fellblades your like an annoying fly to him/her.
    Bah sorry I got mixed up looking at builds and didnt see the 44 MM /shock

    Still go by 32 NB and rest MM zero pointer to change out on the fly, Fell blades is simply too good a debuff for the aoe zerg in WF.

  7. #7
    Champion Dao Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    536

    Default

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...EMtRVzAudk.VMo


    I've been trying that build and find that it's pretty spiffy. The MM tree is pretty standard fare: get to 44, put points in everything except Sharpshooter, Static Shot, Improved Repelling Shot, and only go 1/2 in Collateral Damage.


    Nightblade gives you access to the excellent +18% builder and finisher damage, the Hellfire Blades bonus, and as an added benefit you get 15% Fire and Death resistance and all the Stealth options from NB. (I even put Dusk Strike at the top of an attack macro for a free 2 point builder in melee range.)


    Ranger is there for the +crit, the ranged snare, +4% ranged damage, and the AP buff. You could probably move points into Inf instead to sacrifice a little damage in favor of a few survivability tools.


    I haven't tested this build at level 50 yet, as I just hit 50 last night, but in 40-49 it was pretty effective. Total glass cannon, though, so it's all about kiting and range.
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

    Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftRacoon View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...b.EMtRqzAudo.x

    Start killing stuff with this build

    PS: Don't use this to 1v1. Use this in WFs. Hang out with a group.
    I gotta believe perma stealth has more utility than 10% armor pen, great for scouting and node ninjas.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azzazal View Post
    Bah sorry I got mixed up looking at builds and didnt see the 44 MM /shock

    Still go by 32 NB and rest MM zero pointer to change out on the fly, Fell blades is simply too good a debuff for the aoe zerg in WF.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. If you're getting Fell Blades for a specific purpose, like you are in a premade which is built around AoE or something and you want AoE heal debuff, then ok. But if your goal is to kill stuff, Improved Hit & Run > Fell Blades. You're a ranged class, you can easily assist a meele train (who will likely already have a healing debuff) or you can simply switched targets that are getting focus healed.

    When I pop Improved Hit and Run people just drop like flys. If they aren't, you are doing it wrong or perhaps very undergeared.

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sourdiesel22 View Post
    i run this build but need to be at least rank4 pvp but the damage is nasty.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0xoVzhz.xx0M0c


    also watch this vid i made showing some of the crits i land on ppl.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwxnsoJsnqA

    or this crit i landed last night too bad i wasnt recording..

    http://i54.tinypic.com/9b92c8.jpg
    No Fell Blades and no Improved Hit and Run...I'm not sure what you're doing with this build - melee? ranged? If you're trying to Rdps with MM skills, might need more points in that, at least for Improved hit and run.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dao Jones View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...EMtRVzAudk.VMo


    I've been trying that build and find that it's pretty spiffy. The MM tree is pretty standard fare: get to 44, put points in everything except Sharpshooter, Static Shot, Improved Repelling Shot, and only go 1/2 in Collateral Damage.


    Nightblade gives you access to the excellent +18% builder and finisher damage, the Hellfire Blades bonus, and as an added benefit you get 15% Fire and Death resistance and all the Stealth options from NB. (I even put Dusk Strike at the top of an attack macro for a free 2 point builder in melee range.)


    Ranger is there for the +crit, the ranged snare, +4% ranged damage, and the AP buff. You could probably move points into Inf instead to sacrifice a little damage in favor of a few survivability tools.


    I haven't tested this build at level 50 yet, as I just hit 50 last night, but in 40-49 it was pretty effective. Total glass cannon, though, so it's all about kiting and range.
    No anti-stuns so if a heavy melee build gets to you with Break Free = you're dead.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyBacon View Post
    I gotta believe perma stealth has more utility than 10% armor pen, great for scouting and node ninjas.
    Not really, perma-stealth is pretty worthless, especially at a contested node or flag carrier where AOEs are going all over. If you want to stealth into a node with nobody guarding, 30 secs is way more than enough. I'd rather have the extra dps from 10% armor pen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyro View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about. If you're getting Fell Blades for a specific purpose, like you are in a premade which is built around AoE or something and you want AoE heal debuff, then ok. But if your goal is to kill stuff, Improved Hit & Run > Fell Blades. You're a ranged class, you can easily assist a meele train (who will likely already have a healing debuff) or you can simply switched targets that are getting focus healed.

    When I pop Improved Hit and Run people just drop like flys. If they aren't, you are doing it wrong or perhaps very undergeared.
    This. You gotta define your goal. Either you're into heavy burst/taking down your targets quick, or you're spreading AOE fell blades in group PVP. If you try to do both, you'll be sub-par at one or the other, or both.

  11. #11
    Champion Dao Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftRacoon View Post
    No anti-stuns so if a heavy melee build gets to you with Break Free = you're dead.
    After playing my above-mentioned build for a few days at 50, I find myself agreeing with you. I generally had been doing okay pre-50 without the BF, but decided that the bonus from Ranger (crit, 4% damage, AP buff and ranged snare) were less useful than a breakfree.

    So here's the new variant of my above MM build I'm currently playing: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...h.EMtRVzAudk.x.

    Basically, I put 5 into Inf for the BF and Cloudy Poison (I don't think CP is all that useful, but I'm trying it out now), and put the extra three points into Unstable State to buff my Master Archer damage. When I hit PvP rank 2 I'll probably go 10 into Inf and 12 into NB.
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

    Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default

    good build, i use it myself

    sometimes i also spend 20 points in the infiltrator defensive side of the tree up to expedited wounds, and might try ignore pain once i hit r6, (this is mainly for pugs to live a littel longer)

    but for takedown power, your mm/sin/inf build it best

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts