+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sin, BD or NB for leveling?

Telaran

Default Sin, BD or NB for leveling?

Hey guys, I am level 17 been using assassin /RS and was wondering if BD or NB is better for pure grinding? I keep hearing about BD but it seems to take to long to kill the mob, maybe its because I have to many points in RS to get the heal and not enough in BD. Can someone point me to a build at 17 or 18 that will get me to level and kill mobs asap? Please let me know which soul is more effecient at killing in pve. Thanks...

Telaran

If you're not set on melee, go Sab/Ranger/Sin. Get the talent in Sab that lets you set up your charges without generating threat, drop 5 on a mob, send your pet in and detonate, then stack them up again and finish them off. Most mobs will barely dent your pet before they die, let alone you, only time you'll see downtime is if you get multiple adds at once.

I levelled most of the way using BD/RS/AS. That was a good build for me and had a good level of damage too.

Prime = BD
    Second = RS
    Third = AS

if youre not able to test things on your own, rift/rogue isnt the right game/class for you.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Yoma View Post
    if youre not able to test things on your own, rift/rogue isnt the right game/class for you.
    That kind of defeats the purpose of forums, right?

At any rate, I keep trying melee specs because I hate ranged, and every post on BD spec says it sucks until 30+. I'm 23 now, playing mostly ranged trying to get to 30 so I can play melee.

Right now, it's MM/bard/rng mostly for pve, and I have my Sin build I use for pvp for certain situations/quests.

If anybody has a great melee build pre 35ish, I'd love to see it too!

Xsi

Go 4 points in Ranger (for the pet heal), use the Boar only, spec whatever you want and you'll be fine all the way to 30.

At 30, put 13 points into Rift Stalker for Rift Scavenger and go whatever other melee (modify play-style to leave combo points on target before it dies). Or spec heavy in ranger (24+) and use the new boar and follow 1-30 play-style.

If you go any other style, you'll be drinking more often or taking longer to kill things (Bard) but you'll still be fine for leveling.

PvE in RIFT is really really easy with low learning curve as soon as you figure out /macro.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Shadowlander

I've got my Rogue to level 25 so far and my favourite main soul out of those three options is definitely Nightblade (in fact - it is my favourite of all the Rogue souls)

The thing that I like about it is that it is a melee soul with a few ranged attacks. I prefer the melee play style but I like that the NB soul has the option to attack at range for a short time when required.

This is good when you get a knock back as you can refresh Fiery Spike and attack with Twilight Force on the way. It's also good when you get a ranged add on you - when you kill your current target you can use the approach time to apply Fiery Spike.

Having said that - those two abilities only require that you spend 6 points in NB so you'd be able to get that using NB as a second soul.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Yoma View Post
    if you aren't able to post something informative maybe forums are not for you.

to the OP, there are a variety of ways to lvl up. I have 4 roles right now at 35 and am still experimenting with different questing/solo setups. I used a ranger primary spec for some time, i believe i used ranger/nb10/sin. (nb10 stands for the 10 points in nb that give 15% increased damage to cp builders as well as finishers.)

right now my favorite (and fastest) role is sin/rs/bd. rs needs at min 13 points i believe for the heal, after that extra points are up to you. i don't have my rogue up right now but i think i went a little deeper for more shift abilities and stalker phase. everything else is in sin, and bd is just for the freebie dodge cd. with this spec i can pick my targets or if i'm feeling a little dangerous shift into a group and mow them down pretty quick.

+ Reply to Thread