+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Ideas on a petless high-rdps build ?

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    130

    Default Ideas on a petless high-rdps build ?

    My gear is a mix of blue and purple plus crafted 30dps bow.

    I tested three builds lately

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...AudR.0AM0x0b.V
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....EGtRqdAudR.VM
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0toVdAudR.V0xz

    but none ended above 500dps in groups.

    I d really love to get rid of Rng pets, but not at the cost of slowing down my groups... so:
    anyone got any better ideas or suggestions of a petless rdps build, dealing viable dps ?

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huca View Post
    My gear is a mix of blue and purple plus crafted 30dps bow.

    I tested three builds lately

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...AudR.0AM0x0b.V
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....EGtRqdAudR.VM
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0toVdAudR.V0xz

    but none ended above 500dps in groups.

    I d really love to get rid of Rng pets, but not at the cost of slowing down my groups... so:
    anyone got any better ideas or suggestions of a petless rdps build, dealing viable dps ?
    Your links aint working yo!

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Hm, they work for me...

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    50

    Default

    ah right - last two does work. Top one doesnt for me

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meemers View Post
    ah right - last two does work. Top one doesnt for me
    1st one is messed for me as well now..strange.
    Basically it should link to cromars build:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSAhf...&feature=feedu

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default

    I believe Nightblade still does very well.

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Alder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    396

    Default

    All of us stubborn MM were waiting for 1.2 so we could get rid of ranger, but it just didn't happen. I cannot stand having a pet but i put up with it for dps sake. It's just the way it is.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander Aynsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    This has been mentioned several times over the forums already but 44sab/20sin/2ran (or 2nb if you like to have melee option and use fiery too)

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....yVMcEbxkkRz.M

    5xspike charge -> deto
    5xsharpnel charge -> deto
    repeat

    mixed blues/T1/T2 gear and 30.2dps bow (29.2dps mh) Im doing 680ish against dummy and 730ish as melee without nb/fiery.

    38mm/17sin/rest nb I can do about 600dps with same gear for comparison.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Glad to read Im not the only one that cant wait to get rid of that pet.

    The 3:rd build you linked is the same one Im useing atm.

    When you read I prase this and that you gotta remeber gear it does alot.

    I with that build I have been ontop as dps at some fights while raiding.

    Remeber to use your cooldowns as soon as you can.

    Strafe, improved hit and run and quick reload should always be on cooldown if you ever wanna catch up.
    Last edited by Kjyed; 05-17-2011 at 02:27 AM.

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    50

    Default

    The sabo is really fun. Maybe not in an instance or raid scenario (though the DPS is there). But rigging a foothold or invasion and see them go boom in less than 10 secs is just so satisfying
    Last edited by Meemers; 05-17-2011 at 02:50 AM.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    179

    Default

    i assume you mean ranged, here is my (the default) sab build, with tweeks.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cbo.AVMfvdxkkR - mine, feel free to take out ccs in sin and put 2 in ranger if you want.

    rotation is spike/detonate/blast/detonate, repeat, i can get 800ish on greenscale, also you get a huge bonus of practically free movement (only lose about 80ish dps from auto attacks to move). Get the best dps gun (bows are lame) you can find, then boom things. also this build owns in pvp if you use it right.

  12. #12
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aynsun View Post
    This has been mentioned several times over the forums already but 44sab/20sin/2ran (or 2nb if you like to have melee option and use fiery too)

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....yVMcEbxkkRz.M

    5xspike charge -> deto
    5xsharpnel charge -> deto
    repeat

    mixed blues/T1/T2 gear and 30.2dps bow (29.2dps mh) Im doing 680ish against dummy and 730ish as melee without nb/fiery.

    38mm/17sin/rest nb I can do about 600dps with same gear for comparison.
    ^^^ Nice option to go petless, easy as heck to do.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Would have hoped to get an "800dps MM" build, but if its just not out there, i gonna try that sab one.
    Gotta admit, i never tried sab till now, maybe ill find the fun you guys talk of .

  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    sabo shines when there are adds, i avg about 1500dps on alsbeth all at ranged as saboteur, numbers would go up if i went to melee and actually maxed my aoe potential.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    237

    Default

    The new 44Sab talent in 1.2 gives rogues a competitive petless RDPS option. I still cringe when I see how popular 51MM builds are, in both PvE and PvP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts