+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.2.'s biggest pain: threat

Default 1.2.'s biggest pain: threat

With 1.2. rogues got a nice increase in DPS in nearly every soul.
    That's good and makes the rogue more fun to play and most of the soul quite interesting.

But i'm facing a problem now...

Warriors got a really nice -50% threatbuff that helps them to avoid getting too much threat and therefor dying way too fast.
    Now we rogues are still a few hundred DPS behind warriors, which doesn't hassle me much, but i die way too often if i want to play a few certain speccs.

It's already a neccesity to specc one of the following souls:
    - Sin for Slip Away as an threat-reset (32pts)
    - Sab for Incriminate (20 pts)
    - Ranger for threat transfer to pet (8pts, requires pet)

Other than that we can use:
    - threatdump trinket from lanternhook (5 or 10min cooldown - so... it kinda sucks)
    - threatmanaging essences like the epic ones from shimmersand and ironpine (there's no way to see if it proccs and sometimes i feel like it's not working even once in a 5min fight)
    - ... i can't remember, but i think there was something else... oh well

So with any melee builds aside from deepSin and meleeRanger u will most likely die. Maybe not at the start, but i already died a couple times when the boss was at 20-70%. because i simply generate more threat than the tank.
    For ranged builds u need to use a pet or go deep into sab... which is not very appealing to some ppl.

Does anyone has a hidden secret or something liek this to avoid that?
    I get that it's the DD's responibility to manage threat somehow, but please give us the means to do so without forcing us to especially use 1-2 souls with every build.

Rift Disciple

The secret is a tank that makes enough threat for your dps <.< never had any probs with agro unless i blow all my **** in the first 5-10secs.

I doubt that all the tanks i've grouped up so far just suck at threatgeneration.
    And i don't start a fight with all buffs. I usually wait 3-4secs, get the first few dots rolling and than start doing damage after 10sec. After awhile i just get instagibbed by the boss.

Rift Disciple

there are alot of +threat talents that most tanks usually skip for more mit or other stuff because it is usually not necessary for them as you know how the average dpser is, cant blame them, but i just cant c pulling agro off of a properly specd/geared tank.

also there are plenty of tanks that do not know how to threat gen, ive seen them, playing mainly chloro solo healing t2s on my mage alt i have quickly found alot of tanks do not know how to theat gen cause they end up on me if i have to heal them alot,

down fall of chloros is they create ******ed amounts of threat as a healer, but the tank i usually run with has no probs at all, and has ranged tank cyclorax and held down over 900dps with reaver/pally.

+ Reply to Thread