+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eviscerator and baneful rune?

Default Eviscerator and baneful rune?

Are baneful runes worth it? How often do they proc?

I am running with an assassin/bladedancer. I have dual eviscerators, does having two help them proc more? It seems like they proc all the time.

Also, would it be a waste to put a baneful rune on both? I know the de-buffs wont stack, but would it raise the proc chance?

Just curious as to how the both of these work.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    1 baneful rune on any weapon will make it apply to all weapons including your bow/gun. so def put a diff rune on all your other weapons, i personally go for 10 dex.

I wasn't completely sure so I didn't answer earlier, but Hokonoso posted this to another thread and figured it would help.
    <Vox Mortis>

Telaran

I wouldn't use a minor catalyst on an eviscerator either. Use 10 dex until you get a better weapon.

General of Telara

Baneful Runes contributed to about 6DPS when I used it on main hand only. They work on both weapons, but I don't think its worth it. Especially if you don't have enough weapons and play both melee and ranged. Sometimes there is a lovely bug where I got baneful rune procs off my ranged attacks w/o having any weapon with them on.
    Currently using the +19Crit on my two weapons + ranged as opposed to +10Dex previously... no idea if its any better, most likely not lol so I'm sure I wasted a couple plat + mats on that one :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dalaen View Post
    I wouldn't use a minor catalyst on an eviscerator either. Use 10 dex until you get a better weapon.
    this, i didnt use it until i got a relic, i wouldnt even waste it on a t3 weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitto View Post
    Baneful Runes contributed to about 6DPS when I used it on main hand only. They work on both weapons, but I don't think its worth it. Especially if you don't have enough weapons and play both melee and ranged. Sometimes there is a lovely bug where I got baneful rune procs off my ranged attacks w/o having any weapon with them on.
    Currently using the +19Crit on my two weapons + ranged as opposed to +10Dex previously... no idea if its any better, most likely not lol so I'm sure I wasted a couple plat + mats on that one :P
    on my plutonus parse the baneful rune was 25dps. also 10dex is the 2nd best as it is 10 crit 5 AP and modified by buffs which raise stats by a percent (bard 15% stat buff etc...), and tho there is a bug with procs happening from weapons in your inventory, it still procs 100% of the time with a ranged weapon so long as you have it up in one of your hands ive noticed. not sure if this is how it is supposed to be or not, but i hope it stays.

edit: spotters order is the culprit for my 25dps parse incase you are wondering, you will not see much over 10 on a dummy unless a tank in ur party is hitting it with spotters order, im also sure the 7% magic debuff helps it as well, 10dex will always be good but wont ever amount to 25dps.
    Last edited by Hokonoso; 05-17-2011 at 07:41 AM.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Lots of great info and insight; thanks all for the input. I think I may wait on useing the baneful rune.

One thing though, when I do use the rune. One hand or both? Would hate to waste the mats.

+ Reply to Thread