+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP

Telaran

Default PvP

So, I'm 23 and today in Codex a 26 Rogue had 40K damage and 15 KBs.

Sure they're probably a twink and probably good, but what the **** are they doing to get this kind of damage?

What is the good MM/Ranger/Assassin build that they are using?

I saw they had 2 poisons on, was using the marksman pedastal and casting hasted shot.

I am doing 3x less damage and doing all the same things as them.

Can anyone help me out here with some macros or something?

Rift Chaser

You are on the low end of the bracket. You will most likely fair better in a few more levels. You will have access to better talents and abilities, as well as gear. Kb's means he knows how to pick targets and focus fire. Higher damage then everyone else usually means a lot of aoe was used too. Your rotation could just be off. He knows how to position himself better, etc, etc. Could be any number of things, it's hard to say, but I bet a few more levels help you out.

Telaran

Level is kind of regardless as you get buffed now to make it more fair for early 20's to compete.

Not that I think rogues are where they should be (Trion went overboard for sure), but honestly dude, level 23? Who ****ing cares? Level up and QQ at 50 when you'll at least have a vague idea of what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Korrok View Post
    Level is kind of regardless as you get buffed now to make it more fair for early 20's to compete.
    Level is still very relevant. A level 29 has access to more traits/skills/gear than a level 20, which is a pretty huge difference.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Champion of Telara

#1 rule of "topping the charts"

Stay Alive.

On my 1.1 ranger build(@50) I often times topped the damage charts and killing blows while doing single target damage. I had a little burst I had to build into, but I didn't have the most amazing DPS.

I got there because I was hard to kill. I would kite alot, assist people who were fighting, and staying alive. While you are at the spawn point doing no damage, no fighting and you are running back to the fight, other people are doing damage. Even if I do half the DPS you do, I'll still come out on top. And by assisting people, it means their will be people dieing and the kb's will come in.

Which is why in many ways, the charts are stupid and don't really speak of "who's doing the best/most". They aren't completely useless, but they don't really tell the entire story.

Rift Disciple

Charts are completely worthless, ignore them.

Sure I can farm damage done and killing blows nice and easily if I choose to, but I prefer to win the WF.

So I will often sit stealthed 30-40m away from a control point and gank anyone who comes near it before healing and restealthing, or just keeping 2-3 people off the point until reinforcements arrive.

Playing that like that will not get you high on the charts but it will get you and your team wins. It's more important than just spamming aoe's on groups of people and suchlike.

Even with groups, I tend to ignore the crowd and just outflank their healers, single targetting them down, cc'ing etc which will have far more impact overall than just lazily firing off aoe's to anyone who shows their face.

If it was up to me, there would be a huge favor emphasis on winning and they would do away with scoreboards entirely, they are utterly pointless and discourage team play.

90% of pvp rogues only know the skill fan out.

+ Reply to Thread