+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: DPS and Results of 4 Asn/Bd/Nb Builds

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default DPS and Results of 4 Asn/Bd/Nb Builds

    So I decided to spend my afternoon (~5 hours) learning and parsing all of these Asn/Bd/Nb builds that have been posted and I decided to parse each of the builds stated below; since it was really helpful for me I decided to share.

    Setup
    Each parse was over the duration of 5-5.5 minutes using cooldowns (with the exception of 32asn which I'll talk about soon) and was repeated 2-3 times. Please note that during these parses I am basically only using P1 gear and weapons (25.6 DPS) with a few T1 pieces thrown in, so don't laugh at my DPS :P. So with that said, these parses could change and be very gear dependent, I just don't know. My stats are: 109 Hit, 406 AP, 750 Crit (33.44%); this was completed on a boss dummy. Lastly, I was VERY energy starved using Weapon Barrage and Poison Malice (in a macro); without the proper buffs I would probably remove both of those in a party setting.

    (A) 32asn/20bd/14nb
    Rotation:
    1. Jagged Strike -> Puncture -> Impale
    2. Fiery Spike -> Dusk Strike -> Backstab -> Keen Strike -> Deadly Strike
    3. Fiery Spike -> Precision Strike -> Puncture -> Deadly Strike
    4. Repeat 2-3 with Impale thrown in after it wears off; cooldowns whenever up (Blade Tempo, Slip Away)... Note that using Blade Tempo + Slip Away (after Deadly Strike) + Jagged Strike for 135% increase to Jagged Strike nets a large DPS increase although it wasn't used on the dummy; Poison Malace and Weapon Barrage are in a macro

    Results:
    ~750-755 DPS, WITHOUT using the 135% increased damage to Jagged Strike due to Slip Away ending combat on the dummy. Thus, this build is the best single-target DPS build I tested and the 135% increase to Jagged Strike, I think, would substantially increase DPS.

    (B) Same as above except not using Impale.

    Results:
    ~735-740 DPS

    (C) 27bd/19asn/20nb
    Rotation:
    1. Dark Malady -> Fiery Spike -> Puncture -> Deadly Strike
    2. Fiery Spike -> Dusk Strike -> Backstab -> Keen Strike -> Deadly Strike
    3. Fiery Spike -> Precision Strike -> Puncture -> Deadly Strike
    4. Repeat 2-3; cooldowns whenever up (Ebon Fury, Blade Tempo); Poison Malice and Weapon Barrage in a macro

    Results:
    ~745-750 DPS

    (D) 32bd/19asn/15nb
    Rotation:
    1. Dark Malady -> Fiery Spike -> Puncture -> Deadly Strike
    2. Fiery Spike -> Dusk Strike -> Backstab -> Keen Strike -> Deadly Strike
    3. Fiery Spike -> Precision Strike -> Puncture -> Deadly Strike
    4. Repeat 2-3; cooldowns whenever up (Blade Tempo, Double Coup); Poison Malice and Weapon Barrage in a macro

    Results:
    ~740 DPS

    Conclusion:
    32asn using impale is the best from my testing, hands down. Impale and Jagged Strike are DPS increases and especially using Slip Away + Blade Tempo + Jagged Strike after a Deadly Strike.

    Personally, due to me still being in T1 gear and not raiding for another month or so, I will be picking up (D) or (C). Why? Because IMO the charge attack is needed for knockback/run away bosses to reduce DPS (running to the target casting fiery spike is a DPS loss on the 32asn build). Also if I take (D), dancing blades is too fun to pass up as well as substantially increasing DPS if adds are popped during a boss.

    Hope this helped others as much as it helped me.

    Disclaimer:
    This was just me! Your results may vary :P
    Last edited by Kaaji1359; 05-16-2011 at 05:49 PM.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Yeah they are all pretty close, which is why IMO people should pick what is most comfortable/fun for them and/or has the most utility.

    Personally I use the 27BD/19SIN/20NB and first of all you don't need to macro Poison Malice since you shouldn't be using any poisons in a raid setting as Lethal does not stack with the Warrior's +crit debuff. I understand this was for dummy testing purposes, but realize you will be pulling higher DPS with smoldering so it is something to factor in (smoldering does 30DPS, which is ~10DPS over say Virulent poison).

    And while I am still trying to optimize/simplify my rotation to reduce human error, I have nailed down the optimal rotation during Ebon Fury:

    Fiery - Dusk - Dusk - Deadly
    Backstab - Dusk - Dusk - Deadly
    *Also macro Punture over Dusk so that you Puncture every time it comes off cooldown

    You should notice a slight increase in DPS from this rotation as Backstab will hit harder than Dusk Strike.

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyro View Post
    Yeah they are all pretty close, which is why IMO people should pick what is most comfortable/fun for them and/or has the most utility.

    Personally I use the 27BD/19SIN/20NB and first of all you don't need to macro Poison Malice since you shouldn't be using any poisons in a raid setting as Lethal does not stack with the Warrior's +crit debuff. I understand this was for dummy testing purposes, but realize you will be pulling higher DPS with smoldering so it is something to factor in (smoldering does 30DPS, which is ~10DPS over say Virulent poison).

    And while I am still trying to optimize/simplify my rotation to reduce human error, I have nailed down the optimal rotation during Ebon Fury:

    Fiery - Dusk - Dusk - Deadly
    Backstab - Dusk - Dusk - Deadly
    *Also macro Punture over Dusk so that you Puncture every time it comes off cooldown

    You should notice a slight increase in DPS from this rotation as Backstab will hit harder than Dusk Strike.
    In my rotation macroing Puncture over Dusk Strike will not make Puncture go off more often. Every time it's time to Dusk Strike in my rotation Puncture isn't up. True Puncture isn't up 24/7 like it should be, but IMO bladedancers rotation makes it difficult to do that.

    Also Deadly Dance applies to to every ability in my rotation except keen strike.

    Didn't know that about lethal poison. Most of the time in group settings its needed though so until I start raiding in a month+ I'll have to use it.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Glad to see people are finally seeing the light and realizing 32 sin does more(on a dummy at least). Also your rotation isn't optimal. If you learn to use fiery spike when it is closer to falling off you don't have to use it as often. 3 stacks of deadly dance boosted fiery spikes can be kept up at all times, whilst skipping re-applying fiery spike once every 4 rotations.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    Glad to see people are finally seeing the light and realizing 32 sin does more(on a dummy at least). Also your rotation isn't optimal. If you learn to use fiery spike when it is closer to falling off you don't have to use it as often. 3 stacks of deadly dance boosted fiery spikes can be kept up at all times, whilst skipping re-applying fiery spike once every 4 rotations.
    On the dummy when I'm completely energy starved, no, I need to do fiery spike every rotation. fiery spike stays up for 10s and every rotation takes anywhere from 4-7s. The only exception is when I use Ebon Fury.

    If in a group/raid setting I notice that I don't need to use it as often then I'll probably substitute it for Keen Strike.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaaji1359 View Post
    On the dummy when I'm completely energy starved, no, I need to do fiery spike every rotation. fiery spike stays up for 10s and every rotation takes anywhere from 4-7s. The only exception is when I use Ebon Fury.

    If in a group/raid setting I notice that I don't need to use it as often then I'll probably substitute it for Keen Strike.
    Trust me, with your build it can be done. It can get a few tight in places(refreshing at 0s) but it is sustainable indefinitely. I can post the rotation if you'd like.

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    Trust me, with your build it can be done. It can get a few tight in places(refreshing at 0s) but it is sustainable indefinitely. I can post the rotation if you'd like.
    I've seen your build but it consists of 9 lines of rotation, each one is different (in the 1.1k dps thread). I chose mine because its simpler. Maybe once I get used to the overall rotation I can experiment more with yours but when I did try it I just couldn't do it. This rotation, for me and how I have my macros setup, is A1 1 2 3 Q, A1 4 1 Q, so its pretty simple.

    Or maybe I just didn't get how your rotation worked. If you can make it somewhat simpler then I'd love to try it out

    EDIT: And when you say with my build, you mean with either of the 4 posted above?
    Last edited by Kaaji1359; 05-16-2011 at 10:40 PM.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    It really isn't that difficult once you practice it a few times. The first two lines are simply the opener, you don't even need to pay attention to those. The only remotely tricky part of this is learning where to place fiery spike which I've already listed here. Just practice it a few times on the dummy and it will be ingrained into your muscle memory. Also after testing it on numerous raid bosses it certainly is not too complex for raids(as long as you have the encounter down).

    1. Jagged->backstab->fiery->impale
    2. Dusk->keen->backstab->keen->deadly
    3. fiery->Precision->puncture->deadly
    4. backstab->dusk->fiery->keen->deadly
    5. precision->puncture->fiery->impale
    6. backstab->dusk->keen->keen->deadly
    Repeat 3-6.

    Edit: This can be done with any of those builds as they have access to 3 different 10s 2cp builders. Simply switch out impale for a deadly strike on builds without impale.
    Last edited by `xell; 05-16-2011 at 10:51 PM.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    Glad to see people are finally seeing the light and realizing 32 sin does more(on a dummy at least). Also your rotation isn't optimal. If you learn to use fiery spike when it is closer to falling off you don't have to use it as often. 3 stacks of deadly dance boosted fiery spikes can be kept up at all times, whilst skipping re-applying fiery spike once every 4 rotations.


    32 sin doesn't do more indefinitely.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAki View Post
    32 sin doesn't do more indefinitely.
    Maybe not at lower levels or gear?

  11. #11
    Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Rcxof0bbM.Vhxz

    I like the sin spec, but don't see he point of 32. I removed improved stealth and slip away, and took the points into BD to max dex. Deadly Dance is fine, impale is not needed. I also reshuffled the NB points.. with fiery spike being hit on a deadly dance buff, you want the 9% non-physical increase.

    edit: had wrong spec up
    Last edited by The Real Viz Shady; 05-16-2011 at 11:12 PM.

  12. #12
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Edit: in my last post I meant..maybe at lower levels of gear. Disregard the not.

    Losing slip away is a terrible, terrible idea. It is extremely useful for burst dps as well as a defense cooldown.
    Last edited by `xell; 05-16-2011 at 11:15 PM.

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    Losing slip away is a terrible, terrible idea. It is extremely useful for burst dps as well as a defense cooldown.
    Potato / Tomato..

    I shouldn't have aggro as dps, and while burst is good, I like sustained. I don't think either of us are wrong here, I feel it's a preference.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Viz Shady View Post
    Potato / Tomato..

    I shouldn't have aggro as dps, and while burst is good, I like sustained. I don't think either of us are wrong here, I feel it's a preference.
    Sorry but no. In this case you are absolutely wrong. Slip away amounts to far more extra sustained than the extra 2 dex. If you really want those dex points you should take it out of combat efficiency which is not as important in raids as it is on a dummy.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched Pachanoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Viz Shady View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Rcxof0bbM.Vhxz

    I like the sin spec, but don't see he point of 32. I removed improved stealth and slip away, and took the points into BD to max dex. Deadly Dance is fine, impale is not needed. I also reshuffled the NB points.. with fiery spike being hit on a deadly dance buff, you want the 9% non-physical increase.

    edit: had wrong spec up
    If you're dropping impale and slip away there's not much dps gain (if any) from having points in physical trauma and subterfuge, and even advanced flanking.
    </3 Threesprings
    Chakra - Mage
    Pachanoi - Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts