+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Prestige Rank 6 Rogues out there

Question Prestige Rank 6 Rogues out there

Hey all,
    I've PR5.5 and have pretty top of the line gear on my rogue thus far- most of the PR6 gear is in the bank. I also have PR4 Cleric.

Yesterday, I fought a PR6 cleric (J/I) that two of us lost to approximately 4-5 times. Incredible! I keep thinking that even if I were PR6, my output wouldn't match TWO rogues on the guy.

I know there was a thread about rogue end game: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...er-at-end-game but it's now a spam thread.

What I'd like to know, from those of you who are fully geared PR6, is whether rogues are able to win 50% of the time against other PR6 classes like mages, warriors, clerics. I assume at PR6 you have your spec down, strategies worked out and know how to play, so we will assume those are all constants.

I'd appreciate your input as I just don't see rogues being able to go toe to toe with anyone really that is PR6 and want your input.

Thanks!
    DD

Default ..

The made the rogue changes, but from what I can tell, Rogues are still VERY subpar to say the least.

I'm using two PR5 weapons, with 516dex, 465AP, 33.13%crit, 17.46% dodge. I barely hurt a cleric, I barely hurt a warrior and while I do hurt mages, I only hurt them for maybe 1-2k before I'm kited/or stunned, etc. Yes, I do use break free, I use my blind, I use my "vanish"- I get all that. I'm PR5 with 25k kills on my rogue now so I've been trying various builds. I have over 300 plat with nothing to buy so I just spend my time between WF respeccing the 4th soul and trying to better the damage or versatility.

Worst part is, if I get FULL PR6, I'm NOT going to hit for a hella lot more at all. I will survive longer, I will have higher valor, but so will the PR6 opponents. The rogue just doesn't have enough burst at all to take 1 opponent out- not with 51A, not with any spec and I've tried every one out there.

The closest you can come is to use Slip Away offensively, giving you two openers back to back- which sucks and still doesn't do much. Sure, 2k between the two, but Clerics heal right through it. Mages blink away, stun you, lock you down and you are PWNDd before you blink an eye.

I could reroll to a mage or another class but seriously- it's not the rolling that is the issue- it's the INSANE Prestige grind......it's worse than WoW Just horribly boring, non-stop, repetitive warfronts. To make matters worse, 80% of the time, our PUG fights a premade....

So if you are PR6 and you have a vastly different experience, can you share how you fare?
    What are your full PR6 stats?
    What are your full PR6 Assassinate's like? Jagged Strikes?

I really wish Trion would let us onto a test server, full blown 50 + PR6 gear for each class so we could test out what we like before we spend 5 months getting there.... only to find out we hate it.
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

Wow this makes me sad.. /cry

I just started this game 2 weeks ago sigh, and I've went all out on my Rogue to level as fast as possible, and last night I hit 43.

After reading this it makes me really want to leave simply because if you're not a Mage or a healer, it just sounds like you can't compete, and THAT is PvP imbalance.

I'm leveling my rogue to 50 and grinding out P6.

If my rogue is worthless, I'm leaving, simple as that..

I'm so sick and tired of PvP imbalance in every MMO, you cannot even compete at which class you enjoy.

And, I garuntee I wont be the only one.

Avoid PR6 cleric/mage/war at all cost, kill other team rogue.. it easiler..
    Inclusive growth for customer and organisation

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Wow this makes me sad.. /cry

I just started this game 2 weeks ago sigh, and I've went all out on my Rogue to level as fast as possible, and last night I hit 43.

After reading this it makes me really want to leave simply because if you're not a Mage or a healer, it just sounds like you can't compete, and THAT is PvP imbalance.

I'm leveling my rogue to 50 and grinding out P6.

If my rogue is worthless, I'm leaving, simple as that..

I'm so sick and tired of PvP imbalance in every MMO, you cannot even compete at which class you enjoy.

And, I garuntee I wont be the only one.
    Seriously, if you still haven got to 50, I suggest you reroll and pick mage or cleric. Those two are a much enjoyable class for you. Awesome in every way.
    Inclusive growth for customer and organisation

Prophet of Telara

Well, without Valor factored in, I think the Rogue is in a great place. Problem I see is that with the Valor changes, healing is insanely OP. Overall people are doing less damage, but healing has remained the same, and actually gotten worse because you can't freaking CC them hardly anymore...

Healing is the problem from what I've seen, not the damage we do.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    Well, without Valor factored in, I think the Rogue is in a great place. Problem I see is that with the Valor changes, healing is insanely OP. Overall people are doing less damage, but healing has remained the same, and actually gotten worse because you can't freaking CC them hardly anymore...

Healing is the problem from what I've seen, not the damage we do.
    Add the factor is the mage jump that cancel your stun(Target out of range), bug since beta.

but it will be hard to balance healing... if the healing suck... everyone will die... If its op.. the dude cannot die.

I`m not so sure of this. I`m only PR2, using Terkus`s MM PVP, while my two other rogue buds are PR3 and 4 and 51sins.

All 3 of us regularly 1v1 PR6 Def`s and probably the only one we have issues with are, of course, the clerics. Granted, I have no idea if the enemy is in PR6 gear or not (esp not with wardrobe these days) but all things considered I and my mates are still able to quite easily solo these people down.

Again, ymmv and alot depends on factors. Are you 1v1ing by opening from stealth? What are your options for stopping spell casts/heals/debuffing?

Alot of QQ is being made about Eradicate and Deaden, but those two skills really do put the pain on any class, but especially clerics and mages.

This question is really too subjective. You can't have a flat rate of beating a certain class X amount of times. First of all WF isn't about 1v1, at all. If you are concerned about open world 1v1, assassins should never lose to anything besides a decently skilled cleric (if you have decent gear of course). If you are an open world pvper and you aren't specced assasin or NB you're doin it wrong. People need to stop worrying about crap like this and just play the damn game and have fun. And as another poster said, damage output isn't really the problem here, it's the fact that healing didn't get scaled with valor. Doing less damage to a player in 1.2 while he gets 1.1 heals doesn't add up very well.

And to the player who said he wasn't yet 50 but considering re-classing, screw that. EVERY class will have it's ups and downs, nothing will be fair 100% of the time, that is how ANY game goes. You chose rogue for a reason and I suggest you stick with it. What happens when you roll a mage and work on getting it to level 45 and then something drastically changes and mages are considered gimped by the community? If you are just going to re-roll everytime a patch doesn't go your way you'd better have 4 different toons maxed leveled and max geared because that's really the only solution.
    Last edited by Perplex1ty; 05-16-2011 at 11:57 PM.

| <Fearless> | Defiant | Molinar |

Quote Originally Posted by Chipster View Post
    We keep seing more and more of this lately... rogues just beeline for other rogues.

"Eradicating your buffs since May 11th 2011"

Soulwalker

You are playing assassin?

I've tried the 51sin/15 inf build, but clerics can just heal though it even tho Anthema is used on them. The reason to why they are so hard to kill is because of the buffs.

I just couldn't kill a cleric at all in a test match 1v1 (duel)

Then i changed to Marksmen... and he died in 10 sec. MM will get nerfed (Eredicate), however it is the only class atm that can counter clerics and mages IMO.

The stupid thing with Valor is, that is favours Tanks, and Healers the most, increasing the mitigation.
    It is nice that rogues with valor survive longer, however they still die quick (wich they should unless specced for tank).

I'm R6 and I'm totally satisfied with my performance. Currently 34MM/32NB/0Inf (I have 4 PVP specs, but this is my main spec).

Strafe with SoD into Rapid Fire Shot can destroy any target, only a quick powerful CD can prevent that (Detaunt, Twilight Shelter, Lay of Hands).

Barbed doing 350 +120 per tick, empowered criting 700, deadeye always in the 2K+, many weapon procs (master archer, hellfire, fell blades) and healing debuff.

I'm ****ing love my rogue.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    I'm R6 and I'm totally satisfied with my performance. Currently 34MM/32NB/0Inf (I have 4 PVP specs, but this is my main spec).

Strafe with SoD into Rapid Fire Shot can destroy any target, only a quick powerful CD can prevent that (Detaunt, Twilight Shelter, Lay of Hands).

Barbed doing 350 +120 per tick, empowered criting 700, deadeye always in the 2K+, many weapon procs (master archer, hellfire, fell blades) and healing debuff.

I'm ****ing love my rogue.
    you must be loving barbed with the latest CC changes and peoples increased kiting :P lol. runrunrun ouch ouch ouch :P
    Devotion/Octobeast - Aion - Uprising
    Orion - WAR - DDH
    Devotion/Octobeast - AOC - DDH
    Devotion/Octobeast - Lineage2 - RK/Uprising
    Orion - DAOC - Nolby Pride
    Orion/Smoke - UO - 6i6/-7-

Quote Originally Posted by Chipster View Post
    don't 1v1, go sabo or marksman and let your team win, it's a team game not 1 v 1, you can wreck another team with aoe and suppression fire (eradicate). you wont kill a PR6 cleric 1 v 1, this goes for everyone less lucky mages with legendary staff.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    Hey all,
    I've PR5.5 and have pretty top of the line gear on my rogue thus far- most of the PR6 gear is in the bank. I also have PR4 Cleric.

Yesterday, I fought a PR6 cleric (J/I) that two of us lost to approximately 4-5 times. Incredible! I keep thinking that even if I were PR6, my output wouldn't match TWO rogues on the guy.

I know there was a thread about rogue end game: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...er-at-end-game but it's now a spam thread.

What I'd like to know, from those of you who are fully geared PR6, is whether rogues are able to win 50% of the time against other PR6 classes like mages, warriors, clerics. I assume at PR6 you have your spec down, strategies worked out and know how to play, so we will assume those are all constants.

I'd appreciate your input as I just don't see rogues being able to go toe to toe with anyone really that is PR6 and want your input.

Thanks!
    DD
    I have a rank 6 rogue full rank 6 equipped. I can kill in 1v1 like 95 % of all my encounter be them rank 1 or rank 6 classes..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast