+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Rift, my thoughts on a soul combination that I think might work?

Default New to Rift, my thoughts on a soul combination that I think might work?

Hi guys, I am typically not the run-of-the-mill FOTM spec. No MM or max sin for me. The sin/bd combo with the changes to deadly seems pretty nice and I will most likely try it but has anyone ran with a sin/riftstalker/nightblade combo?

31 sin/28 riftstalker/9 nightblade

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....VG0IhobMk.V0L

The idea of course is mobility/perma stealth, defense/healing, and lots of added damage when you shift around. Nightblade is to pick up more passive damage increases.

Main attacks are sin focused.

Here are the Pros:

1. All the sin goodies to up the crit change and damage of your sin swings (i.e. critical hit chance with backstab up 6%, assassinate, paralyzing strike, jagged strike critical hit chance increased by 50%, etc.)
    2. perma stealth

Crit and other offensive Additions (40% chance to crit after a shift):

- critical hit damage increased by 20%
    - when you do crit, you get 10% more damage for 10 seconds
    - critical hit chance increased by 5%
    - right after shifting critical hit chance increased by 15% and damage increased by 15% for 10 seconds
    - 15% increased AP

Mobility Additions:

- Immune to snares, roots, and stuns for 2 seconds after every shift
    - automatic rift barrier shield added after a shift that absorbs 15% of all damage
    - movement speed increased by 30% after shifting
    - 4 shifts available (shadow shift, shadow blitz, shadow warp, shadow assault)
    - damage increase on finishers by 12%
    - combo point generating swings increased in damage by 15%
    - 2 poisons and hellfire blades buffs
    - snare

Defense Additions:

- unused combo points directly heal you after a fight
    - all heals increased by 6%
    - reduce damage taken by 4%

Cons? I realize I have no heal debuff available and I likely am missing out on inf capabilities - maybe switch to inf when I get higher in rank. And I don't get hidden veil or serpent strike, or the deadly strikes.

What are YOUR thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Champion

For a soloing build thats fine, personally I leveled with a half rs/half sin build, sin for the damage and stealth rift for the mobility and healing.

I ended up with a bit more mobility but a bit less damage than your build but was still able to do any solo content easily, quickly and safely.

Keep in mind that this is a 50 build designd for pvp at the end. Yes it makes sense to also level up similarly but I'm more interested in what the pvpers say about this.

Thanks so much for your input.

Plane Walker

It's quite weak. Won't be killing any decent healers unless slip away is up. Far too high in RS imo. If you don't kill them initially with a sin it looks like your build aims at chasing them with tps. That doesn't really work in group fights because your damage drops a lot when you can't stealth and you're still super fragile so you will likely die while chasing.

Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    It's quite weak. Won't be killing any decent healers unless slip away is up. Far too high in RS imo. If you don't kill them initially with a sin it looks like your build aims at chasing them with tps. That doesn't really work in group fights because your damage drops a lot when you can't stealth and you're still super fragile so you will likely die while chasing.
    Gotcha.. looks like its enough in nb to get the heal debuff or spike the damage in sin to kill them before they can heal too much -

Soulwalker

I was thinking of something very similar to this. All the mobility and the shifting shield is really appealing and could be a lot of fun, but ultimately it doesn't have enough burst to deal with some classes I think. As the old saying goes, the best defense is a good offense.

That said I'll likely give it a try anyway ;).

Champion

yeah pvpwise your going to be lacking.

Such a build is a nice mix of offense and defense but in a pvp situation a balance of both is not enough, specially not for a rogue.

going higher in NB makes healers somewhat killable and higher in sin can also work, but the "defense" from riftstalker is not going to help at all in pvp unless your setting up to be tank just to take a few more hits while others do the killing or if your trying to be an objective capper.

+ Reply to Thread