+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whats a good rotation for pve dps for a mm/rng/asn?

Default Whats a good rotation for pve dps for a mm/rng/asn?

Been playing this build for sometime, mostly rng/mm. I dont have a lot of free time so i havent had a chance to play with my rotation too much and was hoping i could be a little lazy and just ask your opinions?

Rift Chaser

Include your levels in each so we know what abilities are available to you.

Soulwalker

Default well I have found

In my short time playing i have tried several different things but in T1s and T2s i find i have to constantly run. So i usually just put 5 instant cast combos from MM on the mob then rapid fire, strafe, headshot. It's alot of run and shoot run and shoot. Just my 2 cents. Not a rotation really but what i run with.

cant remember right off since im at work lol, but im 31rng/20 something mm im level 45 atm
    Last edited by Chucknorris405; 05-16-2011 at 11:07 AM.

is headshot really better than hasted? i seem to out damage headshot with hasted shot everytime. even with shadowfire triggered

This is a basic MM/Ranger spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M_fN..EGzRoz0z.VMs

If you are looking to solo:

What I will do is open with Splinter shot/Crippling shot (if you press it right after the first one it will land almost the same time as SS)/ Barbed Shot/Quick shot then pick a finisher. (that's 4 dots)

For a finisher: if they don't have much HP you can usually kill them with a Deadeye shot. If you need to kite, finish with Hasted shot. If I used Hasted I will continue strafing away from the mob and put more bleeds/snares on it until it is dead. You can even kill elites pretty easily with this if you have enough room.

Goodluck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Soulwalker

I will try Hastened shot tonight. Was thinking about this build and might try quick shot for my combo builder. Any thoughts?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...E0zoV0Ahdo.VMc
    Last edited by Korde; 05-16-2011 at 11:45 AM.

My spec was mainly for kiting. If you are looking for straight up dps, I heard shadow fire with quick shot puts out good sustained dps. You only need 14 points in the ranger tree to get it. So, open with shadow fire/quick shots/headshot, rinse/repeat.

The MM build has some nice tools for burst dps too. Open with Strafe then a Deadeye finish, or you can use Hit and Run and spam empowered shots/deadeye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

+ Reply to Thread