+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are rogues better at end game?

Shadowlander

Default Are rogues better at end game?

Basically title. I've read alot about rogues and warriors but my rogue is 22 and gets smashed on it feels so weak where my warrior of same level smashes on people. My ranged rogue spec (going that 17/31/18 sin/ranger/marks) feels like a wet noodle and my sin build hardly takes anyone down in WFs. Anyone got anything for me besides l2p? Because I know what I'm doing it just feels weak. I know rogues got buffed and this is not a QQ post btw just curious.

Rogues are good at end gaming. Once you hit 50 you feel underpowered but that is usually due to a disparity in gear and not because of the class. Once you start to rank up, get better gear, and get used to your high level specs and high level combat you will realize rogues are more than fine.
    Existenz@Lotham
    <Excess>

Telaran

Make a mage. You will be happier. Or a cleric. That or a warrior. Unfortunately rogues are at the bottom.
    Last edited by KingBee; 05-16-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by KingBee View Post
    Make a mage. You will be happier. Or a cleric. That or a warrior. Unfortunately rogues are at the bottom.
    lol is all i can say to this.

Shield of Telara

If you are playing a rogue like a warrior, that's your first problem. Rogues have less armor, less hitpoints, and go down way faster. If you want to AoE grind, you'd be better off with any other class. Not saying it can't be done, but it's definitely more challenging.
    Last edited by Stevoli; 05-16-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Shadowlander

Lol I'm definitely not playing my rogue like a warrior I know I gotta be tacticful on my rogue and I already have a cleric lv30 it's super boring macro spam and god mode no thanks. And lol at the roll a Mage I like being a rogue cause I like riftstalker tanking and being able to go ranged and bard support. So it does get better at end game when I can fully spec my builds?

Rift Master

Obvious troll is obvious.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko View Post
    Lol I'm definitely not playing my rogue like a warrior I know I gotta be tacticful on my rogue and I already have a cleric lv30 it's super boring macro spam and god mode no thanks. And lol at the roll a Mage I like being a rogue cause I like riftstalker tanking and being able to go ranged and bard support. So it does get better at end game when I can fully spec my builds?
    Yes, RS tanks are awesome tanks if played/geared well, but as you know, RS does **** for damage if you're trying to solo with it. I still think the best solo build is a hybrid ranger, just because of the pig that can hold aggro on just about anything. But you really gotta learn to control your pet if you go that route. Make it hit multiple mobs, attack it's main target, and keep it healed up.
    Last edited by Stevoli; 05-16-2011 at 10:58 AM.

rs/sin hybrid is awesome for soloing.
    Existenz@Lotham
    <Excess>

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Macrocosm93 View Post
    rs/sin hybrid is awesome for soloing.
    I'd probably go rs/sab if I wanted to aoe grind. A tank that blows **** up, lol.

Basically title. I've read alot about rogues and warriors but my rogue is 22 and gets smashed on it feels so weak where my warrior of same level smashes on people. My ranged rogue spec (going that 17/31/18 sin/ranger/marks) feels like a wet noodle and my sin build hardly takes anyone down in WFs. Anyone got anything for me besides l2p? Because I know what I'm doing it just feels weak. I know rogues got buffed and this is not a QQ post btw just curious.
    In that level range I rolled primarily with a Sab build. As I leveled I spent more and more time in my assassin and MM specs. If you're 22 I would def suggest trying out the sab build as it is great burst dps for your level range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

+1 .. the hard truth!
    Inclusive growth for customer and organisation

Shadowlander

Thanks for all the replys so I guess I'm just gonna becweak in this bracket till I get more skill points. I'm currently sin nightblade and bladedancer for melée dps I really like the idea of the stalker phase assassin using the dps buffs but currently don't have enough points to truly make it work. At least I know I won't always hit like a wet noodle now I think

Dude rogues are OP and as always are extremely fun to play with tons of utilities and soul diversity.
    Dont listen to the noobs... Currently no one beats rogue in raid dps and they two shot people in WFs
    unless it is a healer! but with a little skill they could also be taken out after the patch

As low level you would want to start as a Ranger then try A Bard/BD or Sin/RS.. at 30+ Sab/Sin becomes a lot of fun but Sin/RS just becomes ridiculously easy sauce and will most likely take over.

And they greatly buffed blade dancer so it could also be a good soul to level with... i would imagine BD/RS will dominate in questing.
    Last edited by Blays; 05-16-2011 at 11:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Soulwalker

You can always take revenge with a good stealth build. I play a mage and maybe the next reply will be "Learn to play" but i always get ganked by rogues in stillmoore when i am in pve or simply browsing the merchant ;)
    In pve, specialy boss fights, i would preffer a ranged spec cuz it is so much easyer. At least coming from a mage.
    I am realy thinking about a rogue twink.
    But hey, you always want what others have ;)
    Necaris
    EU PvP Server

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast