+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blade Dancer or Assassin end game group

Soulwalker

Question Blade Dancer or Assassin end game group

Hey, could anyone who has used both Blade Dancer and Assassin (main souls) @ lvl 50 in pve groups say if one was more dominate than the other? I'm just curious if one clearly tops the other in the late game or if it's all up to the player and not the class. Thanks in advance.

P.S. - Sorry if my question is a bit vague. I'm still very new to the game.

Soulwalker

Default BD in my opinon

I was waiting to to see if someone else would respond who would know more. I don't have numbers, but from using both in a couple dungeons, I think BD brings more to the group. I say this due to group buffs (combat prep, dauntless strike) and more aoe abilities for mob group pulls. This can depend on how good the tank is since slip away is nice to reset aggro a bit. I also felt that BD with energy refunds and 120 total felt more fluid overall. Lastly, assassin puts up good single target numbers, but BD is not a slouch with the rythmic abilities. I think assassin is easier to use. The BD is more dynamic like when to use deadly strike for the deadly dance buff or when to go compound etc. Best advice is to have both and see which you prefer. Sorry if this is not as helpful as you hoped.

Default Imho

Ebby is right, it really does come down to your play style and comfort. I've played both at main spec and I am actually happier with Assassin and run it 90% of the time in PVE now. I love the burst DPS and stealth and stun abilities. I still have slip away since I have the BD build blended with my Assasin soul. I can't really say for dungeons how it goes as I usually run my Ranger/BD spec for the AOE and ranged abilities or I'm tanking or support healing. I have a guildie though, she uses Assassin all the time in our runs and she does quite a bit of single target DPS. My Assassin build is a heavy blend of Assassin and BD. I have (off the top of my head) 41 in Assassin and 16 in BD. I am constantly tweaking all of my builds so it can vary as I try to squeeze a bit more DPS or healing or threat out of my builds. The soul building is one of my favorite aspects of Rift. Zam's soul builder is really nice and can help you tweak your build till you find whats comfortable and fun to play.
    Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while losers post on the forum and cry to the Dev team.
    You got PWNED!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ebby View Post
    I was waiting to to see if someone else would respond who would know more. I don't have numbers, but from using both in a couple dungeons, I think BD brings more to the group. I say this due to group buffs (combat prep, dauntless strike) and more aoe abilities for mob group pulls. This can depend on how good the tank is since slip away is nice to reset aggro a bit. I also felt that BD with energy refunds and 120 total felt more fluid overall. Lastly, assassin puts up good single target numbers, but BD is not a slouch with the rythmic abilities. I think assassin is easier to use. The BD is more dynamic like when to use deadly strike for the deadly dance buff or when to go compound etc. Best advice is to have both and see which you prefer. Sorry if this is not as helpful as you hoped.
    No it was helpful. Right now I'm only lvl 18 and just started instancing. So, I wanted to know which tree as a main soul I should tailor myself to for instancing. Personally, I quest with BD as my main soul. I like it's quick, counter attacking, dodging, in your face style. I was hoping that I could have a variation of BD for my instancing spec as well. And from what you say I can so - good stuff ^_^

+ Reply to Thread