+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.2 Bard builds...

Rift Disciple

Default 1.2 Bard builds...

Right now I have a variation of this build... http://http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html

37 Bard (for Rez @36 and random extra pt)
    21 Bladedancer (3/3 Combat Efficency + Deadly Dance) and Blade Tempo adds no dmg
    8 Nightblade (+24% Cadence dmg) and the extra Sap is great for dungeons.

Heal Rotation
    Riff -> Deadly Dance -> Cadence(1) -> Cadence(2) -> Coda of Restoration
    Cadence(3) -> Power Chord -> Deadly Dance ->Cadence(1)...etc

With this setup my Cadence is critting for ~312.
    Have the ABS and HoT Greater planar essences and +Dex/Crit lessers....
    Still need the DSM trinket...using the FC Dice tho for burst heals until I get better.

Limitations
    The fights that require me to stay at range cut my Cadence Heals by 50%, but there really arent taht many Boss fights where I cant sneak in a Final Strike.

Questions for Increasing Cadence Dmg

1) Coda of Distress does not seem to increase dmg on Cadence.... Is this a bug?

2) What is Cadance dmg based off of? Would having a ranged weapon increase Cadence Dmg more than the +24% I get from NB?

3) Does Magnify Pain increase outgoing heals or just incoming? The description is not clear. Obviously... +20% outgoing dmg with an additional +20% heals on top of that would be huge, but I don't thiink it works that way.

1) Coda of Distress does in fact increase Cadence damage by 7%, you can test it on the combat dummies in Sanctum. My Cadence damage increases when I have CoD on the targets.

2) Cadence scales pretty much entirely based on attack power. It's a flat damage + scaling, so tweaking weapons won't really affect it. The only way to increase it is via the Nightblade talents, the Ranger's +attack power buff, Blademaster's +dex buff, or other such things.

3) I THINK Maginify Pain is just incoming heals, but I haven't tested it. It's too high up in the Assassin tree for me to really consider on a bard build; I like having at least 44 points in bard, for Verse of Vitality.

Telaran

I'm currently using 51bard/13BD/2RS. The 6% damage from RS does the same as NB; plus gives you shadow shift. This is specifically for raid so take it as you will.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...qiqskqz.VV0h.M

Using motifs + fanfare of power + cupcake cadence crits for 333 on dummy with my current gear setup. (with coda of distress and deadly strike up)

Stats: 627dex, 710AP, 842Crit

Cadence is life damage
    Last edited by thebes; 05-16-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyria View Post
    1) Coda of Distress does in fact increase Cadence damage by 7%, you can test it on the combat dummies in Sanctum. My Cadence damage increases when I have CoD on the targets.

2) Cadence scales pretty much entirely based on attack power. It's a flat damage + scaling, so tweaking weapons won't really affect it. The only way to increase it is via the Nightblade talents, the Ranger's +attack power buff, Blademaster's +dex buff, or other such things.

3) I THINK Maginify Pain is just incoming heals, but I haven't tested it. It's too high up in the Assassin tree for me to really consider on a bard build; I like having at least 44 points in bard, for Verse of Vitality.
    I don't have anything to add to this discussion, but I have to say...

That is an awesome avatar picture!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by thebes View Post
    I'm currently using 51bard/13BD/2RS. The 6% damage from RS does the same as NB; plus gives you shadow shift. This is specifically for raid so take it as you will.

Using motifs + fanfare of power + cupcake cadence crits for 333 on dummy with my current gear setup. (with coda of distress and deadly strike up)

Cadence is life damage
    I guess I need to do some testing... are you saying that 6% AP = 24% dmg? If its having that big of effect on the dmg output of Cadence.... then i should get the full 15% and work Annilate into my rotation.

40Bard/18Bd/8RS

Telaran

I mean if you were to use my build of 51Bard/13BD and either take RS or NB; each gets you 6% damage from the 2 points you could put into either one. I just go with RS because I need shadow shift for plutonus in RoS.

I'd have to use your builds and see what the damage output would be.
    Last edited by thebes; 05-16-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thebes View Post

Cadence is life damage
    The highlighted text in red is completely and utterly wrong. You can get 24% (or 27% if you go F&D Attunement) from the NB tree as a boost to Cadence damage.

I used a Deadly Dance based build on our Last Greenscale fight and my Cadence crits are a tad under 500. On the boss dummy they are about 380.

My DPS on this build was about 500 which is on par with a chloro, also as I was close to the MT all the time he was getting regularly topped off with my Cadence ticking at ~500.

I used this build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....EIbqV0szVz.Vh
    Last edited by Upright; 05-16-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Assassins "Magnify Pain" (increases critical hit dmg and healing by 20%) doesn't increase any of the bard's healing abilities (tested on cadence, coda of restoration, verse of vitality and motif of regeneration).
    The critical hit dmg bonus does get applied when cadence crits, but it's stupid to spend 22 points into assassin, only to have your cadence crit higher.

Cadence gets a direct bonus from attack power, but not 100%. A 18.9 increase in dps (189 AP) increased the dps of cadence by 15, from an avg 63.5 to avg 78.5 in my test.
    So my test suggests that cadence gets a ~80% bonus from attack power.

Motif of Regeneration, surprisingly, also gets a direct bonus from attack power, but not 100%. A 20 increase in dps (200 AP) increased the health per tick from 104 to 109.
    So my test suggests that motif of regeneration gets a 25% bonus from attack power. (no other stats seemed to affect this motif, except for crit)
    Last edited by DaniWes; 05-16-2011 at 02:00 PM.
    Rank 4 Cleric (Inquisicar) [retired]
    Rank 6 Rogue (Sin, Sab or NB) [retired]
    Retired from Rift due to a lack of PVP content and increasing server instability.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DaniWes View Post
    Assassins "Magnify Pain" (increases critical hit dmg and healing by 20%) doesn't increase any of the bard's healing abilities (tested on cadence, coda of restoration, verse of vitality and motif of regeneration).
    The critical hit dmg bonus does get applied when cadence crits, but it's stupid to spend 22 points into assassin, only to have your cadence crit higher.
    Agreed. thanks for testing.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Upright View Post
    The highlighted text in red is completely and utterly wrong. You can get 24% (or 27% if you go F&D Attunement) from the NB tree as a boost to Cadence damage.

I used a Deadly Dance based build on our Last Greenscale fight and my Cadence crits are a tad under 500. On the boss dummy they are about 380.

My DPS on this build was about 500 which is on par with a chloro, also as I was close to the MT all the time he was getting regularly topped off with my Cadence ticking at ~500.

I used this build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....EIbqV0szVz.Vh
    I wasn't referring to his or your build; I was referring to the one I posted. Which if you look; 2 points into Blazing Fury = 6% on combo point generating abilities or 2 points into Unseen Fury = 6% Attack power. THOSE TWO are nearly identical in damage output for cadence. My build is for raiding - I am the person who does crystals on pluto in RoS...so I kinda have to have RS for shadow shift.
    Last edited by thebes; 05-16-2011 at 02:06 PM.

6% from unseen fury isn't as good as 6% from blazing fury, however, for cadence, because dmg is so low, you're right neither is going to make much of a change to your overall damage. So i'd agree at that point you might as well leave it in RS for the port, especially in a raid environment.

+ Reply to Thread