+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A couple of questions regarding Sab.

Default A couple of questions regarding Sab.

I've never been one to play Rogue classes in any MMO, but I'm really liking Sab and had a few questions if anyone could answer them for me.

What are the best classes to sub with Sab and why? I've read that Sabs were OP at one point, where do they stand now? UP, balanced?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandasaurus View Post
    I've never been one to play Rogue classes in any MMO, but I'm really liking Sab and had a few questions if anyone could answer them for me.

What are the best classes to sub with Sab and why? I've read that Sabs were OP at one point, where do they stand now? UP, balanced?

Thanks.
    Avoid it at all cost xD
    Inclusive growth for customer and organisation

Why do you say that? LOL.

It depends on what you want to do, but most Sab builds have 26-32 points or 44 points in Sab. Sab is not as powerful as it was in PvP after the game launched, but it isn't underpowered either.

The best secondary soul to boost Sab damage is 20 points into Assassin (5% crit chance, Serrated Blades, 4% Physical Damage, 10% damage buff when you crit, 20% higher crit damage, 15% higher poison damage, which affects Charges)

Currently, going into Blade Dancer is powerful for certain builds because the +105% damage buff to combo-point attacks following a Deadly Strike affects Charges but they do not consume the buff. This is a bug and will likely be fixed before long. Even without that, some people like Blade Dancer for the +Dex, Energy regen with every finisher and cooldowns.

Nightblade is also pretty good for Sabs. +15% to combo point attacks, +15% to finishers, Melted Skin, Fire and Death Attunement are all great, as are the ranged incapacitate and +20% damage opener.

If you want a ranged Sab build, I'd recommend 44Sab 20Sin 2Rng. For melee, there are a few different paths to take. 26Sab 21Sin 19BD is currently the best because of the bug, but 44Sab 20Sin 2NB is also good, and you might try something similar to the pre-1.2 builds, like 32Sab 20Sin 14NB.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

If you aren't a PVE noob, you don't put 3 points into serrated blades, you put them into cloak and dagger.
    Briarqueue

Plane Touched

I find PvP as a Sab to be quite fun, they may not be the best 1v1 or at surviving but in the average WF it's possible to be a huge asset to the team.

I tried a 44 Sab/22 Sin build and I managed to take out groups quite nicely with the rotation of:

Timed Bomb > Shrapnel Charge x5 > Fragmentation Bomb > Detonate this causes alot of damage to occur at the same time often taking people to about 40% health before the DoT from Shrapnel Charge or the Bleed from detonate ticks away. But if your team arn't idiots (Like the other team is since they don't notice someone stacking up charges until about the 20th detonate in the WF...) they can charge in and finish them off.

The one problem I found is that it gets a bit stale after a while since Shrapnel Charge is so much better than the other charges in WF's since it does damage fairly quickly (Not over 21 seconds like Spike) allowing for less time for you to be killed/them to be healed and it is also area damage which happens alot around objectives/when someone notices the charges and runs back to cover (I love it when they do that... BOOM!)

The things I had to watch out for was Marksmen and Stormcallers. Marksmen would kill me before I could get my charges set up (Can't run away from them either due to no sprints) and Stormcallers would accidentally kill me by doing their awesomely skillfull AoE spam (That was hitting me for up to 1.9k per instant cast (Yes I have crappy valor...))

Also I've seen that 26 Sab and 31 Ranger to be a good mix for PvE (The rest in Nightblade for the +damage passives or something). A nice beefy pet to deal damage while you pump out bombs.
    Last edited by Taril; 05-16-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Thanks for all of the informative replies. My BF and I just started playing and I think I am going to make my alt Sab, just because support/heal classes are my calling, lol. Still, all of this info was very useful.

+ Reply to Thread