+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maybe Bard needs some love, especially in PVP

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Maybe Bard needs some love, especially in PVP

I mean does ANYONE use bard in pvp at all?

The 20m range means you die.
    The lackluster healing means you die.
    The lackluster damage means you die.

They rule for support in raids/instances, but taking them into a WF these days just feels like suicide. (At least at 50)

I dont even think anyoen takes any bard on a subsoul for other builds in PVP

Soulwalker

Default Go-Go Bard Heals

I'm a lvl 50 rogue and I heal as a bard for most BG's. Previously, I was a bard/ranger combo, but I had been very frustrated with the damage output and especially the survivability.

I recently respecced my build to bard/rift stalker. The rift stalker gives much more HP and great escape mechanics, and I can choose the phases for the situation. I typically use the Stalker phase as the dps output is way too low in Guardian. However, I can add about 1700hp for when it's a touch BG.

My healing can't compare to true healers, but I do reasonably well enough not to feel like it's a complete waste. A single target heal would be nice (understatement), and at best I get mid-range favor. But at least I can heal and not feel totally worthless.

Rift Disciple

start with this build and go from there.... you can go for more survivability or more bard stuff

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0so.xI0hz0z.Vh

personally I end up looking like this

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z.xI0huRkok.Vh

Soulwalker

well if you have a decent team(no need to have a pre-made, just people who know what to do), bard is actually pretty decent.

yeah go for some survival builds, but usually im top3 heals for any wf, im sure any one who did warfront with me when im a bard will know this.
    if its black garden, probably top2.

our aoe-healing utility is just easy-mode, use cadence and you provide decent aoe heals. (even after they nerfed to only heal 5 people in raid)

just time carefully when to use your virtuoso, know when to do 2x cadence, or 1xcadence + powerchord
    then coda of restoration.

also mez ppl that are picking you off.

yes sure our dps suck and out healing output isnt great for spike healing, but its a good counter to that irritating cleric circle of oblivion + soul drain aoe dmg, or any other aoe dmg if you know how to use it well.

know when to use verse of joy, switch around anthems. it isn't that bad.

just my 2 cents
    Last edited by advantisgarde; 05-17-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Champion

bards in pvp arent there to rack up awesome kill scores, there there to make your team mates rack up awesome kill scores by making em hit hard for longer.

A bard will give your team that edge in the big cluster fights that happen, heck at times a bards been able to keep the entire defense team alive in a whitefall map against a full push from the enemy, the down side of this is that if they notice you, you will be dieing first.

RIFT Guide Writer

Maybe its just my server, or maybe you guys arent level 50?

But on my server the bard survivability is zip. Soon as that chord motion plays, you get targeted and you are deaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaegeo View Post
    Maybe its just my server, or maybe you guys arent level 50?

But on my server the bard survivability is zip. Soon as that chord motion plays, you get targeted and you are deaded.
    That may have more something to do with people not being able to stand you play

On a serious note though, bards can help support the team quite nicely. You just have to go in last and Virtuoso + heal spam can turn that battle for you easily.
    Unfortunately they are always targeted before other healers because of the short range
    Nautix - 50 Mathosian Mage
    Amsira - 50 Mathosian Warrior
    Razvaltina - 42 Dwarf Rogue

The Guardians
    Online Gaming Community
    Sunrest RP-PvP

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zike View Post
    That may have more something to do with people not being able to stand you play

On a serious note though, bards can help support the team quite nicely. You just have to go in last and Virtuoso + heal spam can turn that battle for you easily.
    Unfortunately they are always targeted before other healers because of the short range
    yeah the range needs to be fixed, ive said it many times, even add a talent to increase range at like 40+ in bard so it doesnt get abused in other builds.

either fix the range or make it castable on the run. i really dont see a problem with either tbh.

bard has so much potential, plz dont let it rot with its current mechanics.
    Devotion/Octobeast - Aion - Uprising
    Orion - WAR - DDH
    Devotion/Octobeast - AOC - DDH
    Devotion/Octobeast - Lineage2 - RK/Uprising
    Orion - DAOC - Nolby Pride
    Orion/Smoke - UO - 6i6/-7-

+ Reply to Thread