+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Weapon Speed & Me

Default Weapon Speed & Me

Ok so, long story short, guildy asks me the importance of weapon speed. I told him how in Everquest 2 it meant the world because of our autoattacks, but didnt think it's nearly as important in Rift.

Did I tell him wrong? If I did can anyone point to an ACT parse (not RJ) that confirms there is a difference?

I'm still using that 2.4 second 29 dps axe out of eAP. Should I swap it out for a 1.8? If your answer is yes, please explain why.

Noobs and trolls go away. Seriously asking a question here and dont want speculation.
    Dream for 1.3:
    *Crafters Rejoice - We've reduced all deposits when listing your wares on the Auctioneer by 75%. This only applies to player made items.
    *Quest Journal: Increased in size from 25 to 50. Also, guild quests, world event quests and crafting quests no longer contribute to your quest count. No more pesky messages!
    *New Portal System: All death platforms can now be used as portals. Each platform has a short quest that must be completed to unlock it's potential. Travel expenses have been reduced and now cost by the distance traveled and not the distance from your home city.

Telaran

Normalized ability damage.
    Non Normalized proc chance.

Shield of Telara

I've always stuck with daggers, in most cases faster weapon means more procs.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbit View Post
    Ok so, long story short, guildy asks me the importance of weapon speed. I told him how in Everquest 2 it meant the world because of our autoattacks, but didnt think it's nearly as important in Rift.

Did I tell him wrong? If I did can anyone point to an ACT parse (not RJ) that confirms there is a difference?

I'm still using that 2.4 second 29 dps axe out of eAP. Should I swap it out for a 1.8? If your answer is yes, please explain why.

Noobs and trolls go away. Seriously asking a question here and dont want speculation.
    I don't have a parse, but I think it was during the beta that the devs normalized abilities so that weapon speed wasn't really a factor in determining damage. AP scales to dps as well (instead of a flat damage bonus). I won't make any absolute claims one way or the other but as far as I know, weapon speed doesn't matter.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    I don't have a parse, but I think it was during the beta that the devs normalized abilities so that weapon speed wasn't really a factor in determining damage. AP scales to dps as well (instead of a flat damage bonus). I won't make any absolute claims one way or the other but as far as I know, weapon speed doesn't matter.
    Well how the hell was I supposed to know that? What crap. I've been losing out on poison proc's all this time.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kosros View Post
    Well how the hell was I supposed to know that? What crap. I've been losing out on poison proc's all this time.
    not a huge amount of them mind

This is exactly what I was looking for. Do 99% of the rogues worldwide have any idea WHY they use daggers? Thank you guys for the information.
    Dream for 1.3:
    *Crafters Rejoice - We've reduced all deposits when listing your wares on the Auctioneer by 75%. This only applies to player made items.
    *Quest Journal: Increased in size from 25 to 50. Also, guild quests, world event quests and crafting quests no longer contribute to your quest count. No more pesky messages!
    *New Portal System: All death platforms can now be used as portals. Each platform has a short quest that must be completed to unlock it's potential. Travel expenses have been reduced and now cost by the distance traveled and not the distance from your home city.

Rift Disciple

THIS IS DONE WITH VERY LIMITED TESTING

I wouldn't get too upset about poison, or any other type of procs, vs weapon speed. As I think there's a CD for when these effects Proc. I have done some, very limited, I admit, testing and checking on these procs and I've never seen them go off together or near together with weapon attacks. Usually there's a number of weapon attacks before I got another proc.

As stated above, I've only done limited testing on this. So I could have just had the evil random number generator made at me when testing this. Hopefully, some one else can confirm or deny if there is a CD between weapon procs (poison) and if so, how long they are.

Xsi

1. Highest DPS weapon you can find and can use in the respective slot*.
    2. Stats on weapon.
    3. Speed of weapon (affects proc rate).

Offhand, switch 1 and 2. You'll find 99% of the time though, it doesn't matter.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Xsi

Quote Originally Posted by mavik View Post
    As stated above, I've only done limited testing on this. So I could have just had the evil random number generator made at me when testing this. Hopefully, some one else can confirm or deny if there is a CD between weapon procs (poison) and if so, how long they are.
    I don't think anyone knows except the Devs. We all know it exists because we've never seen back-to-back-to-back poison procs.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Quote Originally Posted by Xsi View Post
    1. Highest DPS weapon you can find and can use in the respective slot*.
    2. Stats on weapon.
    3. Speed of weapon (affects proc rate).

Offhand, switch 1 and 2. You'll find 99% of the time though, it doesn't matter.
    Is it going to matter if I have a 1.8 in main hand and 2.4 in off hand? Would love the hear a dev clear this up.
    Dream for 1.3:

Shield of Telara

Is it going to matter if I have a 1.8 in main hand and 2.4 in off hand? Would love the hear a dev clear this up.
    Yeah, a dev really needs to tell us how that works. Typically your attack speed would slow down to your slowest weapon attack speed. So if you have a 1.8 and a 2.4, all of your attacks would be 2.4. I'm not sure if it works that way here though.

Sword of Telara

as a NB (both weapon enhancement's proc is important ) it made a decent diffrence. as a BD it didnt show a huge diffrence in my test (still had like 98% uptime with melted whatever 1/2). all and all, if both are equal dps you want a faster weapon over a slower one.

Champion

This is exactly what I was looking for. Do 99% of the rogues worldwide have any idea WHY they use daggers? Thank you guys for the information.
    because they tend to have the best stats for rogues! :P

Are you guys kidding? Speed does matter... 2.4 weapon in offhand proc at least 20% less then 1.8 weapon... and MH about 10% less.....

simple 15-20 min parsing does wonders
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast