+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Post 1.2 AoE Spec] - Advice needed

Telaran

Default [Post 1.2 AoE Spec] - Advice needed

Ahoy there.

I wont make this a terrible long post. So i'll cut to the chase.

Got the single target Melee and Ranged specs down, i figured with the 5th soul, that i would want a competitive AoE soul aswell.

For now i've been using the Ranger as primary AoE soul reaching 2600 DPS on normal Greenscale trash. However i'm wondering if there's one quilified to toss out more than 2600, seeing as mages are doing +5k on AoE groups.

I am thinking Sab, but i am not all that familiar with the Sab Tree. So any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance.

p.s. yes im one of them ******bags that would love to see a parse to back-up a DPS statement.

Shield of Telara

Pure Marksman will only spike to about the same point as ranger in case your wondering. Rotation is simple for that one, spam fan out. Not that trash matters alot.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

sabowin is win for aoe

for many mobs, load up 5 shrap to start, load up 5 more then spam booby trap unless you have bard using verse of joy, then 5 more shrap before u booby trap spam, or if you must stay at range just keep the shrap coming! hitting 4k is rather easy to sustain in raid gear.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

Head Shot + Shadowfire + Trick Shot Spam (or Raid of Arrow for larger pulls) ain't too shabby either if you are using a melee-ranger spec. Save yourself a role slot.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Draegan View Post
    Head Shot + Shadowfire + Trick Shot Spam (or Raid of Arrow for larger pulls) ain't too shabby either if you are using a melee-ranger spec. Save yourself a role slot.
    I agree, there is a lot of potential in ranger specs for AoE. However the method you're suggesting, while viable, will not work in a raid setup. Mobs are dead before you get both shadowfire and atleast 2pts headshot up. With mages hitting 5k+, i would figure you would need immidiate output. Was even thinking 51 sab for an instant 10 charges. But meh. Dunno.

Got a spec with that post, hoko?

Quote Originally Posted by Meemers View Post
    I agree, there is a lot of potential in ranger specs for AoE. However the method you're suggesting, while viable, will not work in a raid setup. Mobs are dead before you get both shadowfire and atleast 2pts headshot up. With mages hitting 5k+, i would figure you would need immidiate output. Was even thinking 51 sab for an instant 10 charges. But meh. Dunno.

Trash isn't a major deal in Greenscale since there is hardly any. However in RoS the trash is heavy and has a ton of hitpoints. You'll have plenty of time to do a SF->TSx3->HS and spam away on TS/RoA.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Meemers View Post

i use the standard (been posted a million times) 44sab/20sin/2rng. the 44 isnt nearly as important as there are tons of uselessa bilities you must take, but the 20 sin is straight forward up to the 3/3 poison mastery and 2 rng for crit and auto atk. too lazy to post a build but you should be able to figure it out

also sabo is great for herald and alsbeth so it is worth having for a 2nd roll for those bosses if not just trash.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Telaran

Trash isn't a major deal in Greenscale since there is hardly any. However in RoS the trash is heavy and has a ton of hitpoints. You'll have plenty of time to do a SF->TSx3->HS and spam away on TS/RoA.
    Yup. Well the thing is, i found my +1200 spec both melee and ranged. And i want one for AE aswell. Can't let them pesky mages take credit for large AE numbers. I want in aswell.

And cheers Hoko, i believe i know which build you're on about. Was just figuring there would be some sort of secret spec for AE stuff

edit: Well i think i found my melee spec. Cant decide between bd/sin, Melee ranger or 27 sab. The results are just too close. Cant figure out which is better.
    Last edited by Meemers; 05-16-2011 at 12:11 PM.

My point was that you didn't need an extra spec for it. Other than than, just go 20 pt assassin and 44 sab and just have fun with spike+annihilate and shrapnel.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    i use the standard (been posted a million times) 44sab/20sin/2rng. the 44 isnt nearly as important as there are tons of uselessa bilities you must take, but the 20 sin is straight forward up to the 3/3 poison mastery and 2 rng for crit and auto atk. too lazy to post a build but you should be able to figure it out

also sabo is great for herald and alsbeth so it is worth having for a 2nd roll for those bosses if not just trash.
    I agree, 44sab/20sin/2rng is good on Oracle too for aoeing the wisp adds and for Dark Foci you dont even have to change target, just have a 5 stack of spike ready to blow.

It also does well in melee and loses almost nothing on the run. It's definitely not the highest single target dps out there but it's easily the most versatile and faceroll.

Telaran

My point was that you didn't need an extra spec for it. Other than than, just go 20 pt assassin and 44 sab and just have fun with spike+annihilate and shrapnel.
    Cheers for the pointers, lad. I'll give it a whirl

Btw what did you two settle on for most dps melee/ranged? Personally pulling 1200 with a tweaked sozu build and bd/nb/sin single target gives me 1300. Melee ranger doesnt hasnt stepped up this patch i found. Cant get the numbers i did pre 1.2 for some reason

+ Reply to Thread