+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Comment on my ranger leveling spec please

Default Comment on my ranger leveling spec please

Hello,

This was the best i could come up with:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...cksoVz.0VMcx0b

ofcourse first put points in ranger and spare ones in NB and after that assassin?
    please leave some feed back on my build and what to do with the last couple of points that i didnt place?

thanks

bump

I found ranger to be a HORRIBLE leveling spec. You're pretty much stuck single pulling everything because the boar can only hold aggro on a single target... not that you really have any low level AOE attacks. None of the other pets are any good for soloing.

If you pull aggro off the boar, you will likely get your face pounded in.

I switched to BD/Sin at about 39/40 and was amazed at the difference in DPS and survivability. Though, I don't know what 1.2 has done for ranged soloing.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kayden Fox View Post
    I found ranger to be a HORRIBLE leveling spec. You're pretty much stuck single pulling everything because the boar can only hold aggro on a single target... not that you really have any low level AOE attacks. None of the other pets are any good for soloing.

If you pull aggro off the boar, you will likely get your face pounded in.

I switched to BD/Sin at about 39/40 and was amazed at the difference in DPS and survivability. Though, I don't know what 1.2 has done for ranged soloing.
    its still crud, i had the bright idea of changing my solo blade dancer over to dps ranger and couldn't even take down lvl 42 majors. i am fixed that error steam roll everything but caster elites.
    Just because its broke for blizzard doent mean its going to be broken on Rift.
    If you write off everything jerks can use to be jerks; you might as well just go play Olympic Wall Starring

Champion of Telara

I used Ranger/Sin/Bard to lvl from 24 to 50 and it was so easy I thought I was cheating.

Use boar pet, use your redirect ago ability and just use your pet to pull the mobs off you.

I was fighting 3-6 mobs at a time and had no problems. Use bard cadence/heal to build combo points and finish with head shot.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Plane Touched

i actually started off with this build. the boar holds aggro just fine if you manually control its threat abilities and make liberal use of redirect + trick shot. The problem lies in the fact that your damage outweighs the boars threat regardless, and you still end up with mobs on you. I love ranger spec in groups, but at about lvl 30 I had to switch to my current sin/rs/bd spec which works so much better in a lot of ways for me.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    I used Ranger/Sin/Bard to lvl from 24 to 50 and it was so easy I thought I was cheating.

Use boar pet, use your redirect ago ability and just use your pet to pull the mobs off you.

I was fighting 3-6 mobs at a time and had no problems. Use bard cadence/heal to build combo points and finish with head shot.
    ^^^ and solo'd elites. Leveled very fast from 24 to 50, 4 days played.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

okay thanks, i think ill change to sin at lvl 26 when jagged strike becomes availeble and use this build for soloing and pvp and take that BD spec secondary for the rift elites, thanks!

Word of advice...

Any rogue spec is 100% easier to solo with 13 points in riftstalker (heal). Combo point generating is a little easier on a MM than it is a ranger. I agree with the above poster, melee dps far supercedes ranged dps especially when leveling/soloing.
    Dream for 1.3:
    *Crafters Rejoice - We've reduced all deposits when listing your wares on the Auctioneer by 75%. This only applies to player made items.
    *Quest Journal: Increased in size from 25 to 50. Also, guild quests, world event quests and crafting quests no longer contribute to your quest count. No more pesky messages!
    *New Portal System: All death platforms can now be used as portals. Each platform has a short quest that must be completed to unlock it's potential. Travel expenses have been reduced and now cost by the distance traveled and not the distance from your home city.

+ Reply to Thread