+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need a Solo Ellite Killing Build Please

Soulwalker

Default Need a Solo Ellite Killing Build Please

Hello, lately i've been trying to farm Mathos reputation, and my guildy told me how the elites (ones outside river of souls) give more rep than the regular mobs. My guildy friend is a Ele/Chloro (some sort of mix) and can solo up to 4 of the elites at a time.

I on the otherhand tried using my lvl'ing BD/RS/Sin build as well as my Dungeon DPS Ran/MM/Sin and couldn't even take 1 at a time. I don't have a 5th role yet, and my 3rd is my WF MM build, but I do have an open role available to attempt to put together a solid build for solo'ing these elites.

If anyone has any opinions or a build that works for them that they would like to share, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Rift Disciple

As far as I know, sab/bard is the best for soloing elites. 5x charge, detonate, mez, repeat.

Soulwalker

I've always heard about this Sab/Bard combo for the charges/detonate/mez combo, but my question is. Doesn't mez only last 8 seconds but have a 30 second cooldown? how do you work that into your rotation without waiting for mez while getting beat on?

Also, The elites are a mixture of melee and casters, and sometimes they are in groups of 2 with a caster and a melee. Can this build handle that?

Rift Disciple

You're thinking of the AoE one. There's a no cooldown, single target one too.

I doubt it can handle multiple mobs, unless you also spec into a sap or something.

Soulwalker

theres no diminishing returns on cc @ pve, u can keep mezzing forever
    EDIT: oh u meant cd on the mez-spell, nono u use the 34bard spec one, it has no cd, and its instacast
    i have 8 points in nb which gives the stealth + incapacitate thing, just use that on one mob, pull the other a bit away from him and kill away

its pretty damn boring, but gets the job done
    Last edited by Trepp; 05-16-2011 at 06:26 AM.

Soulwalker

Alright, Thank you, I will definitely check this build out and give it a go. If anyone else has any opinions, I would love to hear those as well.

Thanks again.

Soulwalker

Solo, you will spend 3x as long for 2x the faction compared to the squishy normal mobs.

Instead, grab some buddies and go smash the elites aoe style.

Soulwalker

34 bard (for "no cooldown insta mezz") and rest in saboteur (you can consider puting few points in assasin to get stealth and incapacitate (this way you can kill 2 elite stack).

Rotation is:
    motif of focus (5% crit), mezz, blast charge x5, anihilation bomb (2 sec stun), detonate, remezz

repeat until mob is dead.
    Some elite mobs can cast immune to mezz/stun and if you let them do this - you are dead.
    Going my way (alvays anihilation bomb before detonate) mob will be perma mezzed/stuned and you can stay just close him and never get hit.

becouse anihilation bomb is on timer you need to use carpet bombing to reset it after first rotation

To answer the original question about soloing elites:

Spec into Bard, Bladedancer (get Deadly Dance) and whatever else.

Riff -> Deadly Strike -> Cadence x3 -> Deadly Strike -> Cadence x3 ... ad nausium.

However if you want to get Mathos faction quickly, form a pickup raid and just continually clear the elites area of the Endless Citadel and you will get ~30,000 per hour.

Soulwalker

They have also increased the rep you get from the normal mobs now so not worth doing the big ones unless your in a proper group and can mow them down quick

Soulwalker

Can anihilation bomb and carpet bombing be put on the same macro for this purpose?

+ Reply to Thread