+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A suggestion for the Eradicate issue

Default A suggestion for the Eradicate issue

I personally don't have a big beef with Eradicate..although it is kind of a pain to be rebuffing all the time.

I think that for a 44 point skill, it is not overpowered at all.

However, there is a situational imbalance that it creates. Mainly, that not all buffs are equal.

Some buffs are boosters. They are fluff. A luxury item. Something that helps you get the job done, but you can live without them.

Other buffs are essential to the functionality of the class. This means that some classes can be essentiallly nullified by a single, instant, ranged, no CD skill...while other classes can lose all of their buffs and still be functional, even if less effective.

So the imbalance is not with Eradicate, it is with the imbalance of buff dependancy.

Rather than nerf the Eradicate skill, which I think is unnecessary, I would suggest that essential, core mechanic buffs be changed to passive abilities.

Something like this;

Justicar: Cavalier becomes a passive ability. (Why are Miens immune to Eradicate, BTW?)

Chloromancer: Lifegiving Veil becomes a passive ability.

There may be others in other classes...these are just the ones I know that I think should be turned into passive abilities, and thus be non-dispellable.

This way, Marksmen can keep their Eradicate as is, and the certain classes that require specific mechanics to work will not be nullified with a single skill.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

but removing some of the stronger buffs from the list that eradicate can remove would infact still be a nerf to eradicate would it not?

It would ultimately make it less powerfull in real terms.
    the man who asks questions may be called an idiot for a while.... the man who asks none remains an idiot forever

welcome to the land of MMO's where the jobless man is king, for time is the only true currency .

Quote Originally Posted by ginzo View Post
    but removing some of the stronger buffs from the list that eradicate can remove would infact still be a nerf to eradicate would it not?

It would ultimately make it less powerfull in real terms.
    I think it is a reasonable solution.

The amount of QQ over this skill makes a nerf inevitable.

I think my suggestion is a tweak that leaves the skill largely unaffected, as opposed to most calls for what to do with it.

Why should certain other classes be completely nullified by a single, no-CD, ranged, spammable skill?

That is the very definition of "imbalance".

I am just making the argument that the imbalance is in buff dependancy, not the skill itself.

If you are not, in fact, changing the skill itself, it's not a "nerf".
    Last edited by Vihar; 05-16-2011 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    I personally don't have a big beef with Eradicate..although it is kind of a pain to be rebuffing all the time.

I think that for a 44 point skill, it is not overpowered at all.

However, there is a situational imbalance that it creates. Mainly, that not all buffs are equal.

Some buffs are boosters. They are fluff. A luxury item. Something that helps you get the job done, but you can live without them.

Other buffs are essential to the functionality of the class. This means that some classes can be essentiallly nullified by a single, instant, ranged, no CD skill...while other classes can lose all of their buffs and still be functional, even if less effective.

So the imbalance is not with Eradicate, it is with the imbalance of buff dependancy.

Rather than nerf the Eradicate skill, which I think is unnecessary, I would suggest that essential, core mechanic buffs be changed to passive abilities.

Something like this;

Justicar: Cavalier becomes a passive ability. (Why are Miens immune to Eradicate, BTW?)

There may be others in other classes...these are just the ones I know that I think should be turned into passive abilities, and thus be non-dispellable.

This way, Marksmen can keep their Eradicate as is, and the certain classes that require specific mechanics to work will not be nullified with a single skill.
    *sniffle*

I love you man!

/signed
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rift Disciple

yup... except with Lifegiving Veil, just take away the cooldown for recasting it, or at least make it 5 seconds. 15 is harsh.

If I am giving up my dps to purge his heal buff, he can give up his healing to recast it... I guess that's balance, since he can still dot me up and kill me while instant healing himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ez Pz View Post

yup... except with Lifegiving Veil, just take away the cooldown for recasting it, or at least make it 5 seconds. 15 is harsh.

If I am giving up my dps to purge his heal buff, he can give up his healing to recast it... I guess that's balance, since he can still dot me up and kill me while instant healing himself.
    A Chloro can kill you with dots?

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    A Chloro can kill you with dots?
    Cause Chloro is the only soul he pvp's with... the 2 remaining trees are empty !

"Eradicating your buffs since May 11th 2011"

I disagree with making them passives. I play a Chloro, and it would make life easy yes, but I don't want easy necessarily.

Being able to Eradicate off a bad Chloros LGV because he's tunneling and not watching his buff bar isn't the issue. The issue is, no matter how good you are at watching your buffs and trying to fluff Neddra's Might to cover up LGV, we always lose the GCD war with Eradicate.

Just take away LGV's cooldown. Let us worry about keeping it up. The Chloros uselessness in PvP isn't just LGV being purged, but it'd be a start.

+ Reply to Thread