+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Predicting 1.3

dmv

Default Predicting 1.3

So, yeah as the title says I'm going to try and predict the rogue 1.3 patch notes.
    Assassin
    Enduring brew will still be useless.
    Blade dancer
    Deadly dance reduced to 3 6 9
    Marksmen
    Eradicate on a 6 second cd. Why. Because people cry a lot, and trion likes 6 second CDs.
    Saboteur
    Charges consume deadly dance buffs
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    So, yeah as the title says I'm going to try and predict the rogue 1.3 patch notes.
    Assassin
    Blade dancer
    Marksmen
    Eradicate on a 6 second cd. Why. Because people cry a lot, and trion likes 6 second CDs.
    Saboteur

ye, we get nerfed everytime playing rogues become more fun.

but i think it will be worse.

Deadly dance reduced to 3 6 9 (buff only works for bd skills now)

;)

Rift Chaser

Assassin
    Blade dancer
    Marksmen
    Saboteur
    Wouldnt suprise me if they will move deadly dance up a few tiers either

Shadowlander

Assassin
    Blade dancer
    Marksmen
    Saboteur

They will fix this in the next hotfix or buf piros again, if a mele roge reach the 70% of a mage dps it have to be nerfed.

My suggestions

Enduring brew: Should be a powerful combat drug that adů. an energy over time buf , damage DPS boost or something and a debuf.

Baneful touch: Should increase al poison damage, including serpent strike and charges and get 20 meters range.

Malicious strike: Ad a CD to this spamable stupid attack and make it ad combo points and deal some damage, it also can get some range 10m, 5 m range or a short forward charge/dash, or grab. In some WF I have warped 3 times over a jumping caster, and he was always out of mi malicious strike range.

Double cross: Make it ad damage to all ***ALL*** assassin skills used from behind, maybe this way healers stop ignoring assassins in their back.

Rift Disciple

If you dont recognise that Eradicate needs a nerf then your ******ed. No other class has a purge thats spammable.

RIFT Guide Writer

Assassin

Advanced Flanking: changed to +5% damage per level when attacking the side of an enemy
    Impale: is now front positional
    Murderous intent: now only gives damage bonus when strafing
    Double Cross: now only gives damage bonus if your previous hit was a frontal attack

Ranger

Prey on the weak: now increases the attack power of your pet by 5%/10%/15%
    Shadow fire: the ability now also works as a taunt

Saboteur

Fixed a bug that caused High Explosives to do damage. It should now be in line with charge booster.
    Fixed a bug that caused charges to gain damage from Deadly Dance

Riftstalker

Planar Strike no longer generates a combo point
    Duration of Rift Guard reduced to 10 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Desidus View Post
    If you dont recognise that Eradicate needs a nerf then your ******ed. No other class has a purge thats spammable.
    No one else has a 44-point purge.

Plane Touched

Rogues:

Fixed a balance issue where they were able to kill mana users, they should be back to hunting their own and the occasional Warrior now.

Shield of Telara

Since, they are good at making adjustments that just don't quite hit the mark.

Marksman
    * Eradicate giving a 6 second CD.
    * Sniper Training increases damage of Empowered Shot and Deadeye 10/20/30 up from 7/14/21.
    * Killer Instinct increases Critical Hit chance of Empowered and Deadeye shot 7/14/21 up from 5/10/15.
    * Lightning Fury damage increased from 139-144 to 149-154.
    * Rapid Extrication now also effects Eradicate.
    * An addition 20% damage statement while standing in pedestal is added to Crossfire to bring it in line with Strafe.

There you go. A collection of buffs that look good on paper. But in reality don't do much for marksman's overall dps.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Soulwalker

General:
    • Fixed a bug which caused members of the three main callings to notice that there was a fourth calling: Rogue. To combat this, Rogue damage has been 'revised'.
    • Rogues may no longer one shot critters, as this was considered unfair and overpowered. We believe this will also normalise their damage in PvP.
    • A bug has been fixed which caused mages to require movement and strategy during combat, this has been fixed and magic range has been increased 100%.
    • We have bound "/laugh *target name*" to all Pyromancer skills, to further discourage any melee players from attempting to damage their ego.
    • Here at Trion we would like to further encourage players to explore different soul combinations and builds, so a handful of the most popular synergies have been rendered unplayable.
    • We have discovered a bug with the mouse look feature; to solve this mouse look has been removed from the game.
    • We have discovered a bug with charging up walls; to solve this all charge skills have been removed from the game.
    • We have discovered a bug with the jumping animation; to solve this jumping has been removed from the game.

Jokes aside, I await the next patch and whatever it brings. My hopes for a world event are high.
    Last edited by KiZai; 05-16-2011 at 05:02 AM.

lol.

in fact, chainjumping in wfs should result in a movement penalty. or every jump less high than before until you stop for some seconds, or just a small snare.

it looks so stupid :-)

Soulwalker

"Eradicate on a 6 second cd. Why. Because people cry a lot, and trion likes 6 second CDs"

Sounds really bad since I can't choose what buffs I want to get rid of. Think about you see a Chloromancer with 8 buffs on and 2 are really useful to them but the other 6 are like bard or of non useful buff, so I remove 2 but wait I got rid of two that won't really stop him from healing people. Damn I'll just shot it again oh wait... I have wait 6 sec to do it again and by that time he'll probably have more buffs on and I still have to go thur them again to get to the good buffs to remove. So why even have a buff remover if the CD is 6 sec, I say if it's going to have a 6 sec CD it should remove 3-4 buffs at a time then to counter balance the fact I have to wait 6 sec to use it again.
    Last edited by Varnix; 06-02-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Enduring Brew: While the Enduring Brew damage over time effect is up, the Rogue has a chance to spew bile onto its target causing any open wounds (bleeds) to fester and and deal "x" amount of additional damage.

Do it, Trion.

Pull the trigger on this one and me love you long time.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Varnix View Post
    "Eradicate on a 6 second cd. Why. Because people cry a lot, and trion likes 6 second CDs"

Sounds really bad since I can't choose what buffs I want to get rid of. Think about you see a Chloromancer with 8 buffs on and 2 are really useful to them but the other 6 are like bard or of non useful buff, so I remove 2 but wait I got rid of two that won't really stop him from healing people. Damn I'll just shot it again oh wait... I have wait 6 sec to do it again and by that time he'll probably have more buffs on and I still have to go thur them again to get to the good buffs to remove. So why even have a buff remover if the CD is 6 sec, I say if it's going to have a 6 sec CD it should remove 3-4 buffs at a time then to counter balance the fact I have to wait 6 sec to use it again.
    Oh the horror, now it might be like all the other purges in the game, which are on cooldowns and unable to choose exactly what they buff?!

Prophet of Telara

Funny thing is, as OP as people *claim* MM are, I just don't see it. I'm much more likely to kill someone on 51Sin/15BD. With the Rank 6 bow, my Empowered/Dead Eye shots are doing less against anything wearing more than leather than they ever did before.

Rogues are made to kill things fast. At level 50 Prestige 0, that is pretty much the case. At level 50 Prestige 6, our damage barely goes up to make up for 30% damage reduction for Prestige. Against other Rogues, that is fine. Against casters who generally take a decent amount of damage, that is fine. Against Warriors/Clerics who already had good armor that absorbs most of our physical damage, it is ridiculous. If anything, they need to up the base damage of the physical abilities, or give us a PvP ability that helps us account for how much less damage we do. Taking 30% less when we were already squishy as hell just doesn't help us.
    Last edited by Calo; 06-02-2011 at 01:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast