+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sabo PvP

Telaran

Default Sabo PvP

From 10-19 I had a great time nuking the hell out of any class if their health was <50%.

Will this still be the case as I level up a little higher or does Saboteur not scale very well?

Thanks!

dmv

What you have to understand about the saboteur class, is that at one point it was very overpowered, then it got nerfed, which is why alot of people think its terrible, because they're comparing it to what it was. In pve, I main sabo, it's reliable dps with one of the laziest rotations I've ever seen in a game. Ever.
    It scales well in relation to gear, and if you enjoy the class now, once you're geared to the teeth, you'll enjoy it later.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

PvE, definitely sabo is fun.. keep to it

Yes it scale very well before you hit 50, and by then, you have to face the "hard truth"; There is other class that do better in wf/pvp..

Nowadays, hardly, you would see sabo in WF/PvP, beside a few love.
    Inclusive growth for customer and organisation

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    What you have to understand about the saboteur class, is that at one point it was very overpowered, then it got nerfed, which is why alot of people think its terrible, because they're comparing it to what it was. In pve, I main sabo, it's reliable dps with one of the laziest rotations I've ever seen in a game. Ever.
    It scales well in relation to gear, and if you enjoy the class now, once you're geared to the teeth, you'll enjoy it later.
    its not the laziest rotation, you got 3 skils single target or 5 skils if you can go mele and you use detonate to split your spike charges, 1 more id you want to transfer agro.

Ani oter skil you use you will lose a lot of dps.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Chipster View Post
    PvE, definitely sabo is fun.. keep to it

Yes it scale very well before you hit 50, and by then, you have to face the "hard truth"; There is other class that do better in wf/pvp..

Nowadays, hardly, you would see sabo in WF/PvP, beside a few love.
    What is better PvP that isn't melee? I'm not interested in playing melee since my main is a warrior and it's impossible to get in melee combat these days.

Currently, my other PvP spec is here... http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MfNM.EMzRod0z.m.0M

Is this a good start?

Quote Originally Posted by Korrok View Post
    What is better PvP that isn't melee? I'm not interested in playing melee since my main is a warrior and it's impossible to get in melee combat these days.

Currently, my other PvP spec is here... http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MfNM.EMzRod0z.m.0M

Is this a good start?
    What is your main focus? MM or Ranger? I assume it MM since you have most of the points there. Take out hasty shot, hasty departure,repelling shot, improve repelling; invest in the left part of the tree if you're serious on MM damage.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Chipster View Post
    What is your main focus? MM or Ranger? I assume it MM since you have most of the points there. Take out hasty shot, hasty departure,repelling shot, improve repelling; invest in the left part of the tree if you're serious on MM damage.
    My main focus is just being able to kite people around the Warfront and haven't good survivability and movability. I don't want to die often and I want to be able to get away when needed.

I was under the impression that attack power is bad so that's why I didn't invest in some of those talents.

Sab is probably the best group DPS spec that the rogue calling can provide. Not only that, but our single target DPS is great on mages/clerics/rogues, with the exception of riftstalkers, who can tank the damage. When some one is at 50% health chances are I'll drop them in one rotation, if they're at 45%, they're dead. Its great. It doesn't one shot people, but it can totally wipe someone in the blink of an eye still.
    Briarqueue

Quote Originally Posted by Mondays View Post
    Sab is probably the best group DPS spec that the rogue calling can provide. Not only that, but our single target DPS is great on mages/clerics/rogues, with the exception of riftstalkers, who can tank the damage. When some one is at 50% health chances are I'll drop them in one rotation, if they're at 45%, they're dead. Its great. It doesn't one shot people, but it can totally wipe someone in the blink of an eye still.
    What level are you talking about? 20,30,40? Join the 50 bracket and you would see how many actually play sabo in WFs.

I start sabo since the beta, and being sabo all the way till R6. I give up. There is much better class to roll.

I challenge you to get into the range of any mage, whether you are still alive before you could pull of two full rotation..

Shadowlander

sab problem

The dmg output is too low, u need 6sec to setup 5charges and detonate.
    u can hit 2k+ on fragile target. it is about 45% hp.

however, in WF, 70% of your enemy is not fragile target.
    Some of them have good armor, ie warrior, cleric, etc
    some of them can heal, ie, cleric, chloro, etc
    some of them can reduce dmg taken,ie nightblade, warlock, etc

which mean, you cannot kill your enemy in 2 rotation which is 12sec but most of them can kill you within 8secs

+ Reply to Thread