+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51MM and 15?? (PvE)

Telaran

Default 51MM and 15?? (PvE)

I used to put 15 in nightblade, for 15% damage on combos and finishers, melted skin and unstable state.

Currently, I have 7 ranger (5% crit and 4% damage) and 8 assassin (5% crit, 4% physical dmg, lethal poison).

Can't decide which is better. Any thoughts? suggestions?

My alternate spec is the classic 38/17/11, but occassionally being asked to include eradicate in the spec, hence checking on 51MM.

I am using 51MM/8RNG/7SIN.

8 in Ranger to get Attack Power buff, 7 in Sin to get two poisons. There is also +10% to critical hit (5% from RNG and 5% from SIN) and +8% to damage (+4% to ranged damage from RNG and +4% to damage from SIN)

Previously I was using NB for 15% more damage for finishers, but I think that current build (which You also using) is a little bit better in damage output.
    Last edited by Doveldrin; 05-16-2011 at 01:35 AM.

Telaran

Do the poisons work on the Marksman's ranged abilities?

I tried to do some testing last night and I'm pretty sure the poison was only activating on melee hits, not ranged hits. That's what the combat log suggested anyway. Can anyone confirm?

Yes, I have abilities names turned on for damage numbers, and I can see both poison procs when using MM abilities and finishers. And I am sure that those are ranged abilities, because I am not using melee skills at all on my MM.
    Last edited by Doveldrin; 05-16-2011 at 01:47 AM.

Telaran

@Dove,
    you only need 6 in ranger for predatory instincts. 7 is just to get 2/2 killing focus.
    lethal poison is 8 points in sin, so you have to waste a point on something, but its worth it.
    Thanks, I'm glad i'm not the only one thinking this way.

@Fiendish
    All the procs (hellblades, smoldering blades, felblades, lethal poison, virulent poison, etc) work on ranged and melee attacks.
    Some abilities (serrated blades) specifically say 'melee', and others (pedestal) specifically say 'ranged'. However, unless they specifically mention a soul, they apply to all souls. For example, pedestal applies to ranger abilities as well, and serrated blades applies to melee attacks from any soul. It does not affect ranged at all.

However, there are still quite a few tooltips that are misleading, or ambiguous, so its worth checking/testing if you can.

+ Reply to Thread