+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bards and Healing "Spells"

Telaran

Default Bards and Healing "Spells"

Looking at a Greater Essence that says:
    "Healing spells have a chance to heal for an additional 300 health over 8 seconds."

I know Cadence doesn't proc as a healing "spell", but does Coda of Restoration? It uses combo points and is most likely classified as an "ability", not a spell, but (ignoring Motif of Restoration, which is a buff, not a heal) it's one of the few (only?) Bard abilities that's ONLY a Heal...so would it count?

I'm guessing no, but I'm crossing my fingers that someone did a test and I'm wrong.

Actually Cadence does proc that essence and so does CoR. It is a great essence for Bard. You can also equip one of each different level as well. So say a 50 one and a 42 one can go in the same source engine.
    <- My connection speed
    60 Rogue Lohart ~ 58 Warrior Gazenkinie (Teresa) ~ 60 Cleric Sagiso ~ 60 Mage Quelaan
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious.

Shadowlander

Atm on my bard i'm using Crystal-Vine and Consuming-Faesource they can proc together even from cadence, but since 1.2 only the first cadence heal will have a chance to proc them anyway the result is impressive.
    Take a look at this post i have done need-clarification-on-bard-greater-essence

Shield of Telara

If you don't want two of the HoT essences the Frozen Deep One Tear works also on cadence, nicely.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Frozen Deep One Tear and Crystal-Vine are by far the best essences you can get as bard.
    Combine that with the Heirlom of Eth trinket from DSM and you can start to nearly mainheal T2 instances (i already healed RD together with a senticar... and i provided 2/3 of the tankheal)

51Bard/8NB/7Ranger

Crystal-Vine was about 1/10 of my healing and Heirlom of Eth about the same (one activation equals nearly 2k heals).
    The shield from Frozen Tear activates about every 8-10secs.
    Last edited by Coffande; 05-16-2011 at 05:30 AM.

Shadowlander

Guys i would like to understand something Frozen one description says:
    "Equip: Healing spells have a chance to surround your target with a shield of ice, absorbing up to 564 damage for up to 15 seconds"

Your target means you have to target someone to activate it but if i'm dooing cadence i'm targetting someone that is ostile.Am i getting it wrong?If it is proching from cadence isn't it a bug?

+ Reply to Thread