+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marksman

Plane Touched

Default Marksman

Classic. Everyone is qqing about the wrong stuff.
    While everone cries about Eradicate, I'm destroying everyone on my marksman while using Eradicate only one or two times per 3 warfronts.

You guys are ridiculous and have no idea what you're talking about.

Please nerf Eradicate Trion!! LOL
    Last edited by hivolt; 05-15-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Agreed. My necro/lock will eat you regardless. If you use a couple cooldowns to try to purge the buffs I need, it's too late for you. The smart MM bursts and moves if his target has him targeted.

Of course for assisting it's great, but any target getting focused by more than one player is already dead anyway.

Also, I don't believe you are "destroying everyone." Not if you are level 50.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by baph View Post
    Also, I don't believe you are "destroying everyone." Not if you are level 50.
    You obviously never played against someone who knows what they are doing.... our rouge-friend goes around critting for 4,9k... this particular crit might have been against someone with no valor, but the 3,9k are against a rank 6 mage. Granted, he used red orb and codex trinked... but this is domination for 30s every 2 minutes and without he is devastating too.
    While I (warrior) need my personal healer to get the same numbers (KB and damage done is almost equal... but I die less often, have about 10 times the healing inc and not that much more damage inc ...)

He usually goes rouge and does whatever he likes to do, popping up only to get a heal & a nice little shield, then he's gone again to steal my killing blows because he knows how much I like bloodthirst

Quote Originally Posted by hivolt View Post
    While everone cries about Eradicate, I'm destroying everyone on my marksman while using Eradicate only one or two times per 3 warfronts.

Agreed,
    Nerf rapid fire and barbed shot.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by Oktabi View Post
    You obviously never played against someone who knows what they are doing.... our rouge-friend goes around critting for 4,9k... this particular crit might have been against someone with no valor, but the 3,9k are against a rank 6 mage. Granted, he used red orb and codex trinked... but this is domination for 30s every 2 minutes and without he is devastating too.
    While I (warrior) need my personal healer to get the same numbers (KB and damage done is almost equal... but I die less often, have about 10 times the healing inc and not that much more damage inc ...)

He usually goes rouge and does whatever he likes to do, popping up only to get a heal & a nice little shield, then he's gone again to steal my killing blows because he knows how much I like bloodthirst
    English please.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Better range, damage, and survivability than any of the mage souls, save damage from pyros. It was the reason I started playing MM in beta until they nerfed it, and the reason I'll probably be going back to it full time until they nerf it again. If you wanna play a damage mage in pvp, marksman is the way to do it in Rift.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

SKu
    Telaran

WTB open large scale pvp battles that are not instances. Lets get back to old mmo's please with keeps/towers and do w/e the bleep you want (roaming groups, roaming zergs, stealthing bottlenecks).

I miss DAOC
    Last edited by SKu; 05-16-2011 at 07:01 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Better range, damage, and survivability than any of the mage souls, save damage from pyros. It was the reason I started playing MM in beta until they nerfed it, and the reason I'll probably be going back to it full time until they nerf it again. If you wanna play a damage mage in pvp, marksman is the way to do it in Rift.
    Pyros can still do more dmg than MM, and with better non-kiting survivability (GS). Stormcallers can also do a lot more dmg than MM, but arguably less reliably since they have to build up so much first. MM does great burst dmg, but if their target is still alive due to heals... then they will be forced to plink for 2 minutes before trying again. 38MM prevents the use of fell blades, and anathema has 10m less range than MM abilities and reqs Rank3 prestige.

Eradicate is good against some builds but not others. Bard buffs make eradicate hard to use, so do some warrior/tank-cleric buffs that get refreshed constantly. Eradicate seems to remove 2 buffs randomly, so if you keep removing buffs that automatically get refreshed, you are doing no damage and not helping your WF team at all. Eradicate screws over pyros and stormcallers (if they have no bard), that is the best time to use it imo. Occasionally against healers too, although they seem to watch their buffs more closely and replenish them.
    Last edited by Bartimus; 05-16-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by hivolt View Post

Well, honestly they do good damage now. I don't have a problem with that. I can't ignore them anymore. The problem is..every WF is now a roguefest. Fully 30-40% of the characters in every WF are rogues. You got the MMs doing their "350,500,350,350,1800/dispel", then you've got the Sabos back..."450,900,450,900,900" all at once, then the sin basically drop you from 100% to 10% before the 2nd stun wears off.

And since pyros didn't go anywhere, you've got 2-3 pyros, 6-7 rogues, and "the rest" every game.

A funny example. I was in BG yesterday and of course everyone is a range class. Our team was in charge and held the field. A warrior on the other team got a running start and jumped off their drop down. He died in about .5 seconds and still like 20 feet from the ground, his corpse just plumetted down.

Highest crit in 1.1 was 3599, codex trink and red ball against a 50 mage in probably greens. That spec doesn't have hit and run so you basically get 1 instant cast deadeye shot and that's it. If you're lucky you destroy 1 person every minute, but your utility, mobility and energy use are all limited.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    So you pretty much are admitting here you play FOTM?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyro View Post
    Played MM back in beta, switched to mage after it was overnerfed. So yeah, you can think that if you want.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by Skyro View Post
    Pyro's are getting up to 70% permanent mitigation with full valor, a few of them have figured it out anyway, and they still hit for 2k fireballs and 3-4k fulminates. MM's aren't putting up those stats.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...he-new-exploit
    Last edited by Arcshayde; 05-16-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saboth View Post
    Well, honestly they do good damage now. I don't have a problem with that. I can't ignore them anymore. The problem is..every WF is now a roguefest. Fully 30-40% of the characters in every WF are rogues. You got the MMs doing their "350,500,350,350,1800/dispel", then you've got the Sabos back..."450,900,450,900,900" all at once, then the sin basically drop you from 100% to 10% before the 2nd stun wears off.

And since pyros didn't go anywhere, you've got 2-3 pyros, 6-7 rogues, and "the rest" every game.

A funny example. I was in BG yesterday and of course everyone is a range class. Our team was in charge and held the field. A warrior on the other team got a running start and jumped off their drop down. He died in about .5 seconds and still like 20 feet from the ground, his corpse just plumetted down.
    Has that changed? Seems like there were 6-7 rogues before the patch. People play rogues because they are fun as hell. And if we are OP or fotm, well maybe its about time.
    Automark
    HD Guild Scribe
    Heroic Dead Forums

I started playing a MM build before 1.2. It was fun then and it's fun now. If you are good, you can kill pretty much anyone. I'm ok at it, still need practice. I'm not sure what's more fun, killing someone from stealth or by kiting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast