+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why dont we all just be rogues?

Soulwalker

Default Why dont we all just be rogues?

I was in a T2 dungeon today with my warrior, we had 2 rogues myself a mage and a cleric. For some reason my tank can't keep agro, the rogues pulled off the mobs. So we switch to rogue tanking, I switch to a DPS role and guess what, we did fine. O did i mention that my warrior in DPS mode might as well not even be there? Trion gimped the DPS specs so bad i barely do more in DPS mode than i do in tank mode.
    We got to one boss mob that was able to heal itself as fast as we could hit it. It seems that once again my DPS spec warrior just couldnt crank out the needed firepower to get it done. I was actually holding the group back.

I mean really rogues can do it all cant they? Tank, DPS, Heal, I mean why should any of us who have paid good money to play specs that really dont hold a candle to what rogues can do. We should rename rift to Rogue Rift cause it seems the rest of us are in the rogues way. Rogues have more ability in this game than anyone else dont they?
    Last edited by gary0515; 05-15-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Wait, we can main heal now? When did this happen?

Also, you played a Pyro before the patch didn't you....
    Last edited by Naronas; 05-15-2011 at 08:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Likely the rogues were not co ordinating their dps properly with your taunts and grabbing aggro, or there was a waves vs Cool downs issue.

Did you go back to tanking and have the rogues assist through you or dps away while you tanked?

Most of the tanking issues I have seen have been us other 4 in the group doing something a little wrong.

As a healer I can be stretched by the tank but he is usually the one keeping me alive as well.

Good luck
    Last edited by Duvain; 05-15-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    Wait, we can main heal now? When did this happen?

Also, you played a Pyro before the patch didn't you....

he's a warrior .

but either way alot of warriors upset about nerfs lately.
    where weapons grow with characters and characters are able to fly around on weapons.<----simply amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Unaven View Post
    he's a warrior .

but either way alot of warriors upset about nerfs lately.

But why the rogue hate? We've been gimped in PvE since launch.. Bards still are worse then Chloro/Archon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Soulwalker

No matter the timing or what happens, a warrior tank should be the best at keeping and getting agro, my taunts simply dont work as well as the rogue agro taunts seem to. My frustration is going to drive me from this game. I pay good money and I demand equal treatment.
    Last edited by gary0515; 05-15-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    But why the rogue hate? We've been gimped in PvE since launch.. Bards still are worse then Chloro/Archon...
    That would be because Chloros are Healers while Bards are Support. Check your role listings.

Also: Rogues are fine, check Rift Junkies and learn a little more about the calling.

To the OP: See above, but replace Rogues with Warriors. If you're losing aggro it is because you are either undergeared for the group, or you are not specced properly.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by gary0515 View Post
    No matter the timing or what happens, a warrior tank should be the best at keeping and getting agro, my taunts simply dont work as well as the rogue agro taunts seem to. My frustration is going to drive me from this game. I pay good money and I demand equal treatment.
    Taunts should not be your primary method of keeping aggro. They are emergency buttons for when you lose aggro, mostly on the initial pull or picking up spawned adds. You should be able to make the pull, taunt only if required by a running straggler or somesuch, and then have your threat-generating abilities go from there. If necessary, mark a kill order and tell your party to lay off the AoE and follow the marks.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    To the OP: See above, but replace Rogues with Warriors. If you're losing aggro it is because you are either undergeared for the group, or you are not specced properly.
    >.> When did this become about being specced properly? My rogue is a 31/31 Riftstalker/blade dancer >.> I tank just fine at 50....

And i have all the dps talents :3 hardly any defensive ones

Soulwalker

I have all the gear you can buy from the T1 vendor, it has nothing to do with the gear, everything to do with the fact that the warrior class has been nerf batted to beyond for some reason. Taunts are used on a regular basis, I use the hammer of judgement for initial agro, then judgement for keeping the mobs. If I didnt, the mobs immediately head for the healer every time. Both are AOE so its best to use in order to have an instant hate before anyone else starts to hit them. This tactic seems foolproof, but since this last patch, nothing I have in my ability inventory will keep the mobs centered on me.

Instead of the sideways insult to my intelligence, why dont you give me the benefit of the doubt and listen to my problem.

Also the healer HOTS that cause a mob to break from me, do not break when a rogue tanks. So that shows me the healer actions are not in play here, but the game mechanics for warriors has been altered for the worse.
    Last edited by gary0515; 05-15-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Plane Walker

well has somthing changed in warrior tanking or the way agro works?
    i'm a priest and would have some hots and an orb up on warrior tank before he pulls.
    this always went ok before 1,2

but yesterday as soon as the warrior agro'd one of the mobs the others in the pull instantly came after me.

Banned

wait - the OP complains that he as tank can't hold aggro vs rogue dps, but as warrior dps the rogues can hold aggro vs him.

I think theres a very simple explanation for this that isn't anything to do with class mechanics.....

Quote Originally Posted by gary0515 View Post
    I mean really rogues can do it all cant they? Tank, DPS, Heal,
    i wish...

/10char
    Hurry to Meet Death Before Your Place is Taken

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Desiani View Post
    >.> When did this become about being specced properly? My rogue is a 31/31 Riftstalker/blade dancer >.> I tank just fine at 50....

And i have all the dps talents :3 hardly any defensive ones
    Damage translates to threat.

Quote Originally Posted by edwinSu View Post
    well has somthing changed in warrior tanking or the way agro works?
    i'm a priest and would have some hots and an orb up on warrior tank before he pulls.
    this always went ok before 1,2

but yesterday as soon as the warrior agro'd one of the mobs the others in the pull instantly came after me.
    Unless there is some new bug specifically related to warrior threat-gen abilities that the community at large isn't aware of, then no. If you have hots/orbs on the tank and he aggros one mob, you will catch healing threat on the others in the pull if the tank doesn't put any/much threat into them.

Rift Disciple

why?

because my rogue isnt touched since 4 weeks and i play my lvl 50 mage since then.

chloro fullpowerimbasupport
    sc/ele T2 AE DD Monster
    Pyro PvP Monster
    WL/Nec PvP and PvE Monster...

so yeah cry about rogues lol...i dont even play mine anymore

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast