so one of my macro's are

#show precision strike
    suppressmacofailures
    cast precision strike
    cast quick stike
    cast backstabe
    cast keen strike
    cast fiery spike

promlem im having is that my precision strike is almost enver actualy being used, was wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

Soulwalker

Your precision strike uses more energy than the other skills. So when you're starved, it'll proc a 30energy skill over the precision 40 energy. Make sense?

So basically, you have to wait till your energy is at least 40, to have precision strike proc.
    Last edited by Kylar Stern; 05-15-2011 at 05:59 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Vanhline View Post
    so one of my macro's are

#show precision strike
    suppressmacofailures
    cast precision strike
    cast quick stike
    cast backstabe
    cast keen strike
    cast fiery spike

promlem im having is that my precision strike is almost enver actualy being used, was wondering if anyone else is having this problem?
    If that's your only problem, you're lucky. Keen Strike and Fiery Spike should not be on the same macro. They cost the same energy and have no cooldown, so unless you're at range, that macro will always cast a Keen Strike. You also misspelled quick strike and backstab, so forget about those casting (Rift can't press F7).

The reason you're not casting Precision Strike, though is that it's a 40 energy ability -- if you hit that macro before you're at 40 energy, it casts a 30 energy ability instead (namely, Keen Strike, the first 30 point skill that you spelled correctly).
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Keen Strike and Fiery Spike should not be on the same macro. They cost the same energy and have no cooldown, so unless you're at range, that macro will always cast a Keen Strike.
    That is pretty commonly done in most macros and is working as intended.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vanhline View Post
    so one of my macro's are

#show precision strike
    suppressmacofailures
    cast precision strike
    cast quick stike
    cast backstabe
    cast keen strike
    cast fiery spike

Hey, I just recently went through the same problem with my BD. You gotta reverse your macro. Have Keen Strike on the bottom since it doesn't have a CD, so it'll be the last one to get used. Also, have quick strike right above keen, so you always use quick strike after a keen strike. The macros should always have the abilities with CDs on them at the top so they get used 1st.

So your macro should look like this:

#show precision strike
    suppressmacofailures
    cast precision strike
    cast backstab
    cast quick stike
    cast keen strike

I took fiery out since I really don't use it. Think of it like a priority list start with the 1st line being 1 - the most important then descending down in priority.
    Last edited by Heavendenies; 05-15-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Shadowlander

you could use fiery below keen.. so when he get away.. you still can hit it.. (thats pvp-wise)

Champion of Telara

[quote]So your macro should look like this:

#show precision strike
    suppressmacofailures
    cast precision strike
    cast backstab
    cast quick stike
    cast keen strike[/qote]

Only if you're bad. The OP basically had a categorically superior macro to yours. El oh el.

you need combat eff 3/3 and anthem of fervor to get this macro work, then its no prob.
    for soloing etc, i would use two macros.

this is how i would use it in raids/groups

#show precision strike
    suppressmacofailures
    cast precision strike
    cast backstab
    cast quick strike
    cast keen strike
    cast fiery spike
    cast weapon barrage

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavendenies View Post
    So your macro should look like this:

#show precision strike
    suppressmacofailures
    cast precision strike
    cast backstab
    cast quick stike
    cast keen strike[/qote]

Only if you're bad. The OP basically had a categorically superior macro to yours. El oh el.
    Yes and no. With his current macro precision strike wasn't being used because of where it was placed. As far as the other abilities - possibly, but his question was answered and explained. Thanks for helping.
    Last edited by Heavendenies; 05-16-2011 at 08:04 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Heavendenies View Post
    Yes and no. With his current macro precision strike wasn't being used because of where it was placed. As far as the other abilities - possibly, but his question was answered and explained. Thanks for helping.
    That makes absolutely no sense. His Precision Strike is in the proper place, he most likely was not waiting on 40 energy before spamming his macro button.
    Deckardcaine
    <Aftermath>
    http://www.aftermath-rift.com

This is the problem I was having with this macro last night. Thanks guys.
    Dream for 1.3:
    *Crafters Rejoice - We've reduced all deposits when listing your wares on the Auctioneer by 75%. This only applies to player made items.
    *Quest Journal: Increased in size from 25 to 50. Also, guild quests, world event quests and crafting quests no longer contribute to your quest count. No more pesky messages!
    *New Portal System: All death platforms can now be used as portals. Each platform has a short quest that must be completed to unlock it's potential. Travel expenses have been reduced and now cost by the distance traveled and not the distance from your home city.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Eliniell View Post
    That makes absolutely no sense. His Precision Strike is in the proper place, he most likely was not waiting on 40 energy before spamming his macro button.
    My apologies, this whole time I had precision strike totally confused with another ability. Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread