+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: does malicious strike not work anymore? bugged?

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default does malicious strike not work anymore? bugged?

    is it bugged? its not working for me at all. i cant seem to land even one strike that slows anyone down.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    369

    Default

    That's because everyone is immune to CC now because of diminishing returns.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Rekuja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    148

    Default

    find myself using sprint and flash of steel more often these days
    ?

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara baph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Think of this way, it's not landing on you anymore either!

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baph View Post
    Think of this way, it's not landing on you anymore either!
    i guess... although break free from the pvp soul always got me out of trouble. i get the idea of diminishing returns but it doesnt even seem to land once!

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Breece View Post
    i guess... although break free from the pvp soul always got me out of trouble. i get the idea of diminishing returns but it doesnt even seem to land once!
    Don't spam snares in PvP unless its absolutely needed imo, particularly when its a group-vs-group situation.

    Was playing Codex, I noticed 2 assassins with me stealthed. We saw a chloro/lock and all attacked. The other two apparently opened with Paralyzing Strike and spammed foul play super early on and when it came time for the target to cast Mortality, I couldn't stop him and pretty much wiped all 3 assassins - no joke.

    This is in a 40-49 bracket though, but still - pretty stupid. Don't spam cooldowns needlessly. Chances are thats why your snare isn't landing.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acro View Post
    Don't spam snares in PvP unless its absolutely needed imo, particularly when its a group-vs-group situation.

    Was playing Codex, I noticed 2 assassins with me stealthed. We saw a chloro/lock and all attacked. The other two apparently opened with Paralyzing Strike and spammed foul play super early on and when it came time for the target to cast Mortality, I couldn't stop him and pretty much wiped all 3 assassins - no joke.

    This is in a 40-49 bracket though, but still - pretty stupid. Don't spam cooldowns needlessly. Chances are thats why your snare isn't landing.
    thanks...will have to pay closer attention. its button #2 next to my main attack, i might be hitting it by mistake. i guess pre-1.2 it wouldn't have mattered if i hit it by mistake. post 1.2 i guess maybe it does.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    43

    Default

    well thats a problem indeed! i have constant problem with range.. when i open with stun... and put malicious strike onhim.. he does something 2 remove it.. or trinket.. and i cant Get close 2 ppl anymore.. its so freaking annoying .. and since every damn gaurdian is running away from rogues and run back into his own crowd.. its a slip away .... again!....

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marrauder View Post
    well thats a problem indeed! i have constant problem with range.. when i open with stun... and put malicious strike onhim.. he does something 2 remove it.. or trinket.. and i cant Get close 2 ppl anymore.. its so freaking annoying .. and since every damn gaurdian is running away from rogues and run back into his own crowd.. its a slip away .... again!....
    yeah i hear ya. slip away is my new best friend. although i seem to be using it offensively these days in pvp instead of defensively. i mainly use it to break aggro...run up behind my target to get in another stealthed combo to finish them off. i will then use stealth to take cover....regen health and go back in. seems counter intuitive but i seem to be dying less and killing more! i really do miss malicious strike though. still have this nagging feeling its not working right though.
    Last edited by Breece; 05-15-2011 at 08:13 PM.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Could put some Nightblade in your builds.

    18 into nightblade is pretty nice as you get an AoE attack (weapon flare), 15% damage boost to all your assassin abilities, Twilight Force (ranged snare/hard hitter), Flame Thrust and Firey Spike for weakish ranged attacks if you're forced to it, and Ebon Fury for some nice energy-efficient melee burst with Dusk Strike and some pretty good ranged dps with Twilight Force when you absolutely have to. Also Hellfire Blades +5% damage output too.

    You also get Shelter, which is insane if you pop it after opening with jagged/punct/impale, as it will mitigate 80% damage intake and 40% damage output, but the bleeds will still be hitting for normal damage if you hit it after them.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acro View Post
    Could put some Nightblade in your builds.

    18 into nightblade is pretty nice as you get an AoE attack (weapon flare), 15% damage boost to all your assassin abilities, Twilight Force (ranged snare/hard hitter), Flame Thrust and Firey Spike for weakish ranged attacks if you're forced to it, and Ebon Fury for some nice energy-efficient melee burst with Dusk Strike and some pretty good ranged dps with Twilight Force when you absolutely have to. Also Hellfire Blades +5% damage output too.

    You also get Shelter, which is insane if you pop it after opening with jagged/punct/impale, as it will mitigate 80% damage intake and 40% damage output, but the bleeds will still be hitting for normal damage if you hit it after them.
    hmm...interesting. i appreciate that. currently have 0 in infiltrator for break away, a ton in SIN and just enough in RS to get the heals (forget name of skill) for killing an enemy with leftover combo points. think i have 15ish in RS. more a PvE benefit so far though. damage in PvP just happens to fast for the healing skill to be much use. might mess around with NB tree and see how i fare. havn't really even given it much attention. been focusing most points in SIN.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts