+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard damage type

Soulwalker

Default Bard damage type

Hi,
    Does anyone know definitively how bard damage is classified? For example, one of my greater primals (Stinging Faestones) processes on healing spells and it works. My other primal (Engulfed Flamesource) processes on damaging spells.

They both process on cadence. Primals that process off of "damaging abilities" do not process. So, I assume that the word "spell" must be in the description.

But, despite cadence etc. being classified as spell damage, I assume it is enhanced by our attack power and that is based on our DEX. Is this all correct?

Rift Disciple

Yes with a caveat, cadence has a relatively low modifier from AP. Many other rogue skills will say something like 50% or 100% bonus from attack power. Those benefit more from AP (and dex) than Cadence. Cadence counts as nonphysical damage with no resistance modifier (like death damage is mitigated by death resistance, etc). That means talents/skills/buffs that boost damage or nonphysical damage improve it.

Flev

Telaran

but it says cadence does life damage? so it does physical damage and life damage or just physical or just life? or just life that dont get negated by resists?

Rift Disciple

It doesn't do physical, it's non-physical. I didn't think it could be mitigated by resistance, but I could be wrong there. It always seems to hit for the exact same amount on everything though.

Flev

Shadowlander

cadence is effected by all of your melee stats... melee crit, dex, str, ap.

however if you're using your bard debuffs, it's the non-physical debuff that increases it's dmg/healing.

if you really want to know the effect you're having you will need to individually parse each group member
    then parse the run
    then work out the difference your buffs made to each member in the way of hit/heal/damage ps
    add that to your own total....

no wonder rogues get grief about numbers aye but ill tell you theres no way "jimmy d tank" would have hit all those massive crits in such a short amount of time without your contribution.

food for thought
    who took my names!

+ Reply to Thread