+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hows this PVE NB build look?

Default Hows this PVE NB build look?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...gMoc.0VRcx0b.V

I was thinking it'd be nice to run NB and BD to get Ebon Fury and Blade tempo, but the two souls seem to be pretty mutually exclusive with the BD change. Without the auto attack boost, there's not much reason to sink many points into BD unless you're going to focus on Deadly Strike and milk Deadly Dance. It defeats the point of going NB for Blazing Strike casting Fiery Spike.

There are some less than essential points in the NB tree, I agree, but I really couldn't think of any place else worth while to put them. I cut out Twilight Force, Flame Thrust, Primal Death, and Improved Blazing Strike... but really couldn't think of much else to put the points in.

My rotation works out to be:

Dark Malady > Fiery Spike > Puncture > SoD
    Fiery Spike > Twilight Force > Primal Strike > Dusk Strike > Blazing Strike
    Free Fiery Spike > Primal Strike > Primal Strike > Puncture > Blazing
    Free FS > TF > PS > Dusk Strike > Blaze
    repeat.

Key 4 -Finisher macro is
    SoD
    Blazing Strike
    Flame Thrust

Key 1 -Melee spam is
    Twilight
    Primal
    Fiery

Key 3 -2pt button
    Dusk
    Puncture

Key 2 -Separate key for Fiery Spike

Key 5 -AOEs
    Frag bomb
    Fiery Chains
    Weapon Flare

Works out to be
    1 (Stealth-malady) > 2 > 3 > 4
    1 > 1 > 3 > 4
    1 > 1 > 3 > 4
    etc etc etc

You really only need to deviate when the boss jumps and you do a Flame Thrust and need to manually apply Fiery Spike again or when you burn with Ebon Fury... that's just 3-3-4, 3-3-4, 3-3-4... very nice boost if you SoD, fiery spike then spam dusk.

Like I said, I thought about putting points elsewhere, but nothing else really seems to warrant the point investment. NB skills all work together so well... I wouldn't do Primal Death, usually, but Fire and Death Attunement boost death damage... so why not? Flame thrust isn't all that amazing, but it's a range finisher that also gets boosted fire damage... NB is the one rogue soul where 51 points doesn't feel wasted.

I thought about points for Ranger for predatory instincts, crit, and headshot... but to get the buff on headshot, you need too many points that just don't synergize. Assassin really doesn't offer much for raw damage over 18 points before it detracts from the NB synergy. You can use backstab, but if you don't sink the points into upgrading, it just feels bland. You can just keep the points in NB, raise elemental armor ignoring damage where none of the skills are positional.

The third soul choice was a toss up between RS and Sab. 15%AP and a teleport and END buff, or 15% dex and a nice AOE. Figuring in raids, multiple souls buff end and there's several AOE healers, it's not really needed. Sab will offer half the AP, but way more crit.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Telaran

Since most of your damage is non-physical with this set-up. I would suggest going 1/2 with murderous intent and putting that extra point into Night Blade somewhere. The 44 point Blackout ability is great to have. So maybe get Dusk to Dawn or go 2/2 with melted skin?

I use 44NB, 17Sin, and 5RS. So our builds are very similar. I use Riftstalker for extra HP, a blink, and I need AP a bit more than crit right now. It's a great catch-all dps build and it's good for pvp (warfronts) too.

It shouldn't be a top dps spec, but its versitility, survivability, and ease of use make up for it. I use this build on fights like Prince Hylas where you have to move in and out to avoid aoe's so you can have a ranged finisher and some ranged attacks. This way, you aren't wasting precious damage-inducing time

LOL... I like how you act like I didn't get it from you.

I don't know if it's my rotation or what, I but I don't seem to put out anywhere near what you do. The ranged spec I put together was topping GS last night. I topped 1200 until the third air phase whereas melee, I was only about 850. After working out my ranged rotation, I led DPS all night... now if only we could actually kill that SoB. Keeping barbed shot up is vital. It hits for 300+ and even if he wiggles, it can tick for 500. Standing in pedestal, with headshot and Shadow Fire buff, and applying Expose Weakness, my Rapid Fire Shot was hitting for 3-5K total depending on how many crit.

With melee, there's really no need for 2/2 Melted Skin. It's got like 99% up time with 1 point.

Increased survivability is good, but as a rule, I'm not dying unless the tank goes down. I don't pull aggro 10 seconds in like SOMEONE we know.

Dusk to Dawn with SoD would probably be brutal, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Darklune View Post
    Since most of your damage is non-physical with this set-up. I would suggest going 1/2 with murderous intent and putting that extra point into Night Blade somewhere. The 44 point Blackout ability is great to have. So maybe get Dusk to Dawn or go 2/2 with melted skin?

I use 44NB, 17Sin, and 5RS. So our builds are very similar. I use Riftstalker for extra HP, a blink, and I need AP a bit more than crit right now. It's a great catch-all dps build and it's good for pvp (warfronts) too.

It shouldn't be a top dps spec, but its versitility, survivability, and ease of use make up for it. I use this build on fights like Prince Hylas where you have to move in and out to avoid aoe's so you can have a ranged finisher and some ranged attacks. This way, you aren't wasting precious damage-inducing time

Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

+ Reply to Thread