+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need clarification on bard greater essence

Shadowlander

Default need clarification on bard greater essence

Hi all guys and girls,
    i'm trying to figure out what greater essence to use with my bard.
    At the moment i'm going around with
    Crystal-Vine and Faded-Shadesource but i have noticed that the faded doesn't proc unless i'm targetting someone directly so it isn't procing ever.
    I have found a post where the greater essence suggest for a bard was Cristal vine and Frozen-Deep-One-Tear, but reading the description of the essence it should work just like the faded one.
    So what i have to do?Buy Frozen-Deep-One-Tear or try to find another HoT like essence?
    If i go for another HoT like essence do they stack with Cristal-Vine or they are different family essences??
    Thanks all for your input.

all these essences do work but some dont stack with other buffs which may be the issue. For bard the two healing essenses are best in my opinion atm, vine and blue version, effects do stack.

Shadowlander

Confirmed Crystal-Vine and Consuming-Faesource can proc together and they do an amazing job.
    Thanks for the info.

Consuming Faesource and Crystal Vine are both awesome for bard. I'd also pick up a Spirit Wolf Totem. It has insane up time and for raids, its invaluable. It drops off the first boss in xKB.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kalima83 View Post
    Hi all guys and girls,
    i'm trying to figure out what greater essence to use with my bard.
    At the moment i'm going around with
    Crystal-Vine and Faded-Shadesource but i have noticed that the faded doesn't proc unless i'm targetting someone directly so it isn't procing ever.
    I have found a post where the greater essence suggest for a bard was Cristal vine and Frozen-Deep-One-Tear, but reading the description of the essence it should work just like the faded one.
    So what i have to do?Buy Frozen-Deep-One-Tear or try to find another HoT like essence?
    If i go for another HoT like essence do they stack with Cristal-Vine or they are different family essences??
    Thanks all for your input.
    I use Crystal Vine and Frozen Deep One Tear. I can confirm that it does proc, and proc like mad, and will absorb damage at a better/faster ratio than Faesource in an AE intensive situation. In my humble opinion, it's *the* best essence for a bard, followed closely by Vine. Be advised however, the shield will not stack with the lower level version of this essence (think it's at Lantern Hook iirc) in case you're wondering.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Shadowlander

Guys i would like to understand something Frozen one description says:
    "Equip: Healing spells have a chance to surround your target with a shield of ice, absorbing up to 564 damage for up to 15 seconds"

Your target means you have to target someone to activate it but if i'm dooing cadence i'm targetting someone that is ostile.Am i getting it wrong?If it is proching from cadence isn't it a bug?
    I was thinking it was like the faded kind essence

Quote Originally Posted by Kalima83 View Post
    Guys i would like to understand something Frozen one description says:
    "Equip: Healing spells have a chance to surround your target with a shield of ice, absorbing up to 564 damage for up to 15 seconds"

Your target means you have to target someone to activate it but if i'm dooing cadence i'm targetting someone that is ostile.Am i getting it wrong?If it is proching from cadence isn't it a bug?
    I was thinking it was like the faded kind essence
    It's not a bug. It's working as intended. Enjoy.

I know I didn't start this thread, but I really appreciate seeing all this bard input. I've been meaning to make an essence for my bard role, this helps out a ton. Thanks guys

+ Reply to Thread