+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 1.2 Rogue DPS Build Compilation with Parses

Default 1.2 Rogue DPS Build Compilation with Parses

There are several good threads floating around, and I've done a good amount of testing for myself trying to see how builds compare. Figured I would share my parses and link to some good threads that helped me out. I'm only looking at what are considered to be the top raid dps builds. Also a bit of a disclaimer this is just my personal results, yours will probably differ some, but this is what I consistently parse with my gear.

My Gear/Stats(w/ no buffs active): 577 ap, 807 crit, 34 dps main hand, 29.2 dps dagger off hand, 41.7 dps bow.

I'm only giving very basic rotation overviews since there is plenty of good info in the threads at the bottom of this post. All parses are done on the boss test dummy with only the self buffs provided by the souls, no consumables or whetstones. Also realize that dummy testing isn't really an accurate reflection of actual raid dps, some builds scale better with raid buffs. And finally, these are all roughly 5 min parses and there can definitely be some rng affected results a little bit, so parse for yourself if you're unsure.

Melee Builds

Build: 27/20/19 bd/nb/sin

Parses:

With Dusk Strike only used during Ebon Fury (~982 dps)

Basic rotation: fs->puncture->bs->keen->deadly; fs->precision->bs->keen->deadly

With Dusk Strike added to the rotation (~1000 dps)

Basic rotation: fs->dusk->bs->keen->deadly; fs->precision->puncture->deadly

Build: 32sin/20bd/14nb

Parses:

Impale with no Dusk Strike (~970 dps)

Basic rotation: fs->puncture->bs->keen->deadly; fs->precision->bs->keen->deadly, keep impale running but never clip it early.

Impale with Dusk Strike added to rotation (~980 dps)

Basic rotation: fs->dusk->bs->keen->deadly; fs->precision->puncture->deadly, keep impale running but never clip it early.

Slight variation of the build above this, just using Improved Savage Strike instead of bd skills (~976 dps)

Basic rotation: Keep impale rolling (never clip), and use bs and puncture when available, otherwise savage strike. Finisher is deadly strike.

Build: 32sin/31ranger/3nb "melee ranger"

Parse: Impale, Fiery Spike (~960 dps)

Standard sin rotation, refer to the posts at the bottom for details on pet skill macros etc.

Build: 31ranger/19sin/16bd (melee ranger)

Parse: BD skills (~930 dps)

Just parsed for comparison to the impale sin version, rotation is standard bd/sin skill rotation but it under-performs compared to the impale sin.

Build: 44sab/20sin/2ranger (melee)

Parse: standard sab rotation (~913 dps)

5xspike->det, 5xshrapnel->det. Pay attention to your energy and the timer on spike charge. Never clip spike charge, and never sit around for more than 1 gcd waiting for it to drop. Do 1x spike roation followed by 2x shrapnel rotations when you are energy flooded. You can put "startattack" at the bottom of macros with your charges for better auto attack usage.

Build: 41nb/19sin/6ranger "classic 1.1 melee"

Parse: standard nb rotation (~856 dps)

Just posted this for comparison to how the new 1.2 builds compare to a popular 1.1 melee raid build.

Melee Build Thoughts

For me, impale builds do not win, some people say they are better. Either way, the difference is pretty small. Before this patch, I was having great success with the melee ranger builds. They just aren't working for me this patch, I never parse higher with a pet build. But the dps is very close for me, so it's just another option. Some people are doing quite well with them right now. Bottom line, there are several really good melee dps builds we can choose from now!

The sab build is by far the most versatile, since you have incredible aoe damage, top ranged build dps, and very good single target. And any boss that spawns even 1 add that needs to be killed within shrapnel range, sab is king.

Ranged Builds

Build: 31ranger/18mm/17sin "Sozu build"

Parse: shadow fire (~863 dps)

Basic rotation: Keep shadow fire buff rolling, use MM pedestal. Quick Shot is the main combo builder. Use Rapid Fire Show on cd, otherwise Headshot. Macro your pet skills.

Build: 44sab/20sin/2ranger (ranged)

Parse: standard sab rotation (~867 dps)

5xspike->det, 5xshrapnel->det. Pay attention to your energy and the timer on spike charge. Never clip spike charge, and never sit around for more than 1 gcd waiting for it to drop. Do 1x spike roation
    followed by 2x shrapnel rotations when you are energy flooded.

Ranged Build Thoughts

Ranger and sab are both very close in dps, so there's at least two options for raid dps from ranged. I did not post MM builds because they seem to be a bit behind for raiding, very nice spike damage when the cooldowns are up, and then the dps just drops. However, feel free to post any good MM builds/parses you have. Again, sab is certainly the most versatile since you can melee/range/aoe all in one. Ranger aoe is still very nice too.

Credits:

Lots of credit goes out to everyone who has been posting on the rogue and pts forums since 1.2. There are many threads out there with great info, my apologizes if I miss some:

Sozu Ranger Guide (ranged)

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...Builds-1.2-PvE (ranged)

Guide-1.2-Melee-Ranger-v3.1-Umi-Style
    (melee)

Melee-Ranger-v3 (melee)

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-BUILD-NEEDED (sab)

Guide-1.2-Bladedancer-Assassin-Nightblade-v2 (melee)

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-on-Boss-Dummy (melee)

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...NB%29-easymode (melee)

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ec-gt-1200-dps (melee)

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...elf-buffed-dps (melee)
    </3 Threesprings
    Chakra - Mage
    Pachanoi - Rogue

Plane Walker

Great list. This will be helpful when comparing specific talents like vivacity.

One thing to note is that you didn't seem to ever cast slip away in your sin builds. If you do cast slip away you'll receive a huge damage boost(50-100).

Also, I don't think you're maximizing fiery spike potential. With builds that have a lot of 2 pt cp builders you can let it run down closer to 0s(still keeping it in your first 3 skills cast). If you cast it at the end of a rotation that uses 2 2 pointers (i.e. precision strike>puncture>fiery spike) you can skip casting it in the next rotation entirely. Using the same dps mainhand I was able to do 10 more dps with fiery spike(average hit was nearly 30 dmg higher) while having it hit 8 less times(my fight was 2 seconds longer).

Shadowlander

Your parses come out pretty darn close to mine on the boss dummy for the various specs. I am actually thinking that the 32sin/31rng/3nb spec may end up parsing better then the 27bd/20nb/19sin spec during raids due to the fact that the Pet scales nicely with buffs.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Laylle View Post
    Your parses come out pretty darn close to mine on the boss dummy for the various specs. I am actually thinking that the 32sin/31rng/3nb spec may end up parsing better then the 27bd/20nb/19sin spec during raids due to the fact that the Pet scales nicely with buffs.
    Agreed. I'm pretty sure one of the reasons for this is spotters order. Pet basically gives you 4 extra attacks to draw dps from, all of which should be affected by spotters orders.

Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    Great list. This will be helpful when comparing specific talents like vivacity.

One thing to note is that you didn't seem to ever cast slip away in your sin builds. If you do cast slip away you'll receive a huge damage boost(50-100).
    Damn ya I forgot the make a note about that. It strips everything off the dummy whenever I use it so I stopped, so yeah those sin parses would be higher. I'll try to get a better impale parse tomorrow but it always seems to mess up.

And yup good call about the fiery spike, I get pretty lazy with it, and could probably boost dps a little if I tried to optimize it.
    </3 Threesprings
    Chakra - Mage
    Pachanoi - Rogue

Good to see someone else's numbers are similar to mine as far as specs are concerned. If I didn't find the pet so annoying I would probably run melee ranger more often, but I think for now I'll mostly be sticking with 27/20/19 bd/nb/sin
    True mastery is to feel the flames of your passion, to dance with the fire, to live in it, to fully embrace the primal forces of destruction and creation, and not be burned to a cinder, to survive and prosper because you loved the flame, used the flame, but did not allow yourself to be consumed by it.

Telaran

what about melee sabo? 13 bd 20 asn 27 sabo. Could you try that? i get around 1700 with crits on spike charges

Soulwalker

I use at the moment 27sab/22bd/14sin and only poisens and Whetstone, after 1 Million Damage i had 1080 DPS.
    But i have the legendary dagger and a 33 DPS Offhand, so maybe anyone had the same dps or higher?

Thanks for the comilation Pachanoi!

For me the original melee ranger (32 Sin/31 RNG/3 NB) out performs all other specs. I also use the Baneful Touch finisher.

I'm not sure why the 27/20/19 bd/nb/sin falls short for me. It's a simple rotation by comparison and I'm confident I'm doing it correctly. My gear is bad (t1), but my ap to crit ratio is about the same as yours. It's frustrating because I'd love to drop melee ranger, but I just can't justify it right now.

Another build that, for me, almost catches the sin/rng/nb melee ranger is a 26 NB/22 Sin/18 BD. It makes use of fiery spike, deadly dance damage increaser, scourge of darkness damage increaser, blade tempo damage increaser, and ebon fury burst.

stealth-expose-dark malady-fs x3-deadly

blade tempo-fs-punc-bs-keen-SoD
    fs-precision-keen-bs-deadly
    fs-puct(or dusk if not up)-keen-keen-deadly
    fs-precision-bs-keen-deadly
    etc.

you miss a BS with deadly inceaser once in awhile, but it's unavoidable I think. Once blade tempo is done I finish that rotation, hit FS, and pop ebon fury. You can get in like 5 dusks before you have to refresh FS.

fs-ef-dusk-dusk-deadly
    dusk-dusk-dusk-deadly
    fs-dusk-dusk-deadly
    dusk-dusk-dusk-deadly

then right back into fs-punct-bs-keen-deadly/sod rotation.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xzhoGMo.Vf0N0o

Just another viable alternative to add to the mix. I agree, I love that there are many comparable specs now. I hope one of the easier ones ends up topping the melee ranger in a raid setting.
    I used to be a rogue like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

Outside few "wonky" exceptions devs seem have managed to balance different specs pretty well overall. Good job and info.

Quote Originally Posted by Cregan View Post
    Thanks for the comilation Pachanoi!

For me the original melee ranger (32 Sin/31 RNG/3 NB) out performs all other specs. I also use the Baneful Touch finisher.

I'm not sure why the 27/20/19 bd/nb/sin falls short for me. It's a simple rotation by comparison and I'm confident I'm doing it correctly. My gear is bad (t1), but my ap to crit ratio is about the same as yours. It's frustrating because I'd love to drop melee ranger, but I just can't justify it right now.

Another build that, for me, almost catches the sin/rng/nb melee ranger is a 26 NB/22 Sin/18 BD. It makes use of fiery spike, deadly dance damage increaser, scourge of darkness damage increaser, blade tempo damage increaser, and ebon fury burst.

stealth-expose-dark malady-fs x3-deadly

blade tempo-fs-punc-bs-keen-SoD
    fs-precision-keen-bs-deadly
    fs-puct(or dusk if not up)-keen-keen-deadly
    fs-precision-bs-keen-deadly
    etc.

you miss a BS with deadly inceaser once in awhile, but it's unavoidable I think. Once blade tempo is done I finish that rotation, hit FS, and pop ebon fury. You can get in like 5 dusks before you have to refresh FS.

fs-ef-dusk-dusk-deadly
    dusk-dusk-dusk-deadly
    fs-dusk-dusk-deadly
    dusk-dusk-dusk-deadly

then right back into fs-punct-bs-keen-deadly/sod rotation.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xzhoGMo.Vf0N0o

Just another viable alternative to add to the mix. I agree, I love that there are many comparable specs now. I hope one of the easier ones ends up topping the melee ranger in a raid setting.
    stupid 5 minute edit limit...

better rotation after opener..

fs-bs-dusk-keen-sod
    fs-precsision-punct-deadly
    fs-bs-dusk-keen-deadly
    fs-precsision-punct-deadly
    etc.
    Last edited by Cregan; 05-15-2011 at 05:24 AM.
    I used to be a rogue like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

You're doing something incorrect with Sozu's build. Sozu's ranger guide should be breaking 900 easily at range.

Quote Originally Posted by Aynsun View Post
    Outside few "wonky" exceptions devs seem have managed to balance different specs pretty well overall. Good job and info.
    Agreed. We're closer to being able to choose our playstyle without sacrificing DPS than I think there's ever been in either RIFT or WoW (played a Hunter).

Only problem with taking theoretical dummy damage and raid testing with it is the long lockouts, and given so many variables in a fight it'd be hard to draw a conclusion from one week of play.

Thank you for this post. OP.

Also, theoretically shouldnt the classic 1.1 melee build actually be more dps than shown there, because of Nightstalker?
    Last edited by Blakjak02; 05-15-2011 at 06:48 AM.
    Blakjak
    Liquidus - Defiant - Keenblade

Message me in the game if you want to chat...

Good list, i am however disappointed in not seeing the 51 sin build. Perhaps you can do some testing on this also since I have had quite a bit of success on this build with TANK AND SPANK bosses.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....GARftsfqddR.M

Pretty much the same rotations as ranger build without having to keep headshot up. And instead of final blow you use deadly strike. Make sure to refresh fiery spike with at least 1 of the deadly dance points.

It's also really nice for any of those diehard full assassin people ^_^
    Last edited by Zeth; 05-15-2011 at 07:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast