+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 1.2 Rogue DPS Build Compilation with Parses

I know many people here are saying that mainly bd specs are winning out against sin but in my case, it's the opposite. I haven't made and bd spec that out parses 32/20/14 sin. Here's my highest parse with the aid of a bard, motifs + fanfare of power, no debuffing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...2normalsin.png

Rift Disciple

Is there a reason you picked ranger to put 2 points in in your sab build? Is it something mechanics wise where something in the other trees uses the ranged weapon to base damage on instead of your melee? It seems like Riftstalker and it's 6% AP would outweigh the 2% crit of ranger, plus you get the phase shift, which is kind of nifty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorkin View Post
    Is there a reason you picked ranger to put 2 points in in your sab build? Is it something mechanics wise where something in the other trees uses the ranged weapon to base damage on instead of your melee? It seems like Riftstalker and it's 6% AP would outweigh the 2% crit of ranger, plus you get the phase shift, which is kind of nifty.
    Just for versatility. That way at range you automatically use the ranged auto attack and your charges are based off of bow dps, and it still does great damage in melee. For a melee only sab build I would probably use 2 nb, or use the deadly dance shenanigans for now.
    </3 Threesprings
    Chakra - Mage
    Pachanoi - Rogue

Based on this post and some personal testing I've done, I think we've reached the point where ALMOST all well thought-out specs with clean rotations will be competitive with each other. Melee specs will be competitive with all the other melee ones, and the few good ranged specs are all competitive with each other. Yeah you can wave your epeen around with XXXX DPS ZOMG screenshots but in the long run it can be a playstyle choice (or RP if you're into that sort of thing...) and less of a "you MUST spec XYZ in order to DPS in a raid!"

Just curious about the ranger build, why would you use Headshot over Deadeye Shot or even Hasted Shot? Headshot is only good for the buff it gives with talents, Deadeye is far more damage and the cast time shouldn't lead to any significant drop in Dps.

And I'm curious if you've ever used Splinter shot in your rotation, I know people tend to avoid cast times in rogue builds but it does a lot of damage and is increased by Shadow Fire to do even more.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySmurf View Post
    Just curious about the ranger build, why would you use Headshot over Deadeye Shot or even Hasted Shot? Headshot is only good for the buff it gives with talents, Deadeye is far more damage and the cast time shouldn't lead to any significant drop in Dps.

And I'm curious if you've ever used Splinter shot in your rotation, I know people tend to avoid cast times in rogue builds but it does a lot of damage and is increased by Shadow Fire to do even more.
    Head Shot is much stronger than Hasted shot because of shadow fire. Dead eye is pretty meh for the amount of energy and channel time.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySmurf View Post

Shadowfire shot increases the damage of all ranger skills significantly. Before 1.2 we did use hasted shot as the main finisher, and swift shot for combo points.
    </3 Threesprings
    Chakra - Mage
    Pachanoi - Rogue

Soulwalker

@Dinadass

i dont know whats bd in your rota....
    And i saw your spec, but i cant see what u rly skilled. point 4 point =P

U use only one DS for the complete rota?
    Iam not sure but on the second part u got 5 combopoints again and dont use it?

Soulwalker

I was looking at the parse for the Sabo ranged build and noticed that poison damage only makes up 1% or less of overall damage. To me this begs the question of why are points being spent in Poison Potency instead of filling out Eagle Eye in ranger or maybe even sabo's Long Range Bombing? Is there a crit cap you're worried about at higher gear levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Osodvus View Post
    I was looking at the parse for the Sabo ranged build and noticed that poison damage only makes up 1% or less of overall damage. To me this begs the question of why are points being spent in Poison Potency instead of filling out Eagle Eye in ranger or maybe even sabo's Long Range Bombing? Is there a crit cap you're worried about at higher gear levels?
    It has nothing to do with the poison weapon enchants. Sab charges are considered poisons for cleansing purposes, and are affected by poison potency damage increase. Very good return for 3 points.
    </3 Threesprings
    Chakra - Mage
    Pachanoi - Rogue

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Pachanoi View Post
    With Dusk Strike added to the rotation (~1000 dps)

Basic rotation: fs->dusk->bs->keen->deadly; fs->precision->puncture->deadly
    Because Deadly Dance affects only the first 3 CP builders shouldn't fs come right before deadly? not the initial fs but the fs in a continuing rotation? Or is that not how Deadly Dance works?

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaleska View Post
    Because Deadly Dance affects only the first 3 CP builders shouldn't fs come right before deadly? not the initial fs but the fs in a continuing rotation? Or is that not how Deadly Dance works?
    You definitely want deadly dance to get applied to fiery spike, it's a big part of the dps. It doesn't really matter what the order is, as long as your 3 highest dps skills available get the buff.
    </3 Threesprings
    Chakra - Mage
    Pachanoi - Rogue

I'm really liking that you can "main" any of the rogue DPS souls and have something competitive. Sure, some may be a few points higher than the other, but they are all pretty close, where player skill(especially in a live environment) will be the difference instead of just putting your talent points into the top spec....
    "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaleska View Post
    If I understand your question correctly you need to know that using a non-deadly dance boosted fiery spike to refresh a stack of 3 deadly-dance boosted spikes will make all 3 stacks hit for non-boosted damage. Works the same the other way around.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Pachanoi View Post
    It has nothing to do with the poison weapon enchants. Sab charges are considered poisons for cleansing purposes, and are affected by poison potency damage increase. Very good return for 3 points.
    Thanks for the info.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast