+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvE/PvP Battle Bards! Ownage via a horn and guitar! Lets get it Piper.

Default PvE/PvP Battle Bards! Ownage via a horn and guitar! Lets get it Piper.

Been doing some lurking and thought I would add my insight. Enjoy!

Pre 1.2 Battle bard build Stun lock!

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0qVVsz0z.VcM0E

Rotation:
    sap
    5 blast charges
    det
    captivate
    5 concussion charges
    det
    5 blast charges
    det
    bottle of exalted tricks
    5 blast charges
    det

If they still have some health the DR has worn off and you can start again with

captivate
    5 concussion charges
    det
    5 blast charges
    det
    bottle of exalted tricks
    5 blast charges
    det

Extinct R.I.P. =(

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0qVVsz0z.VcM0E

1.2 Battle bard

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...VVsz0z.E00A00M

Rotation: (This can be debated, and there are a few different ways for certain situations but this is my personal ideal.)

Dark Malady
    Quick Strike
    Precision Strike

Deadly Strike
    Cadence x3
    Deadly Strike

Cadence x3
    Deadly Strike

Repeat

I always have 300 apoth for my bard builds for the simple WTF tricks it offers.

When I find myself in an "O ****" scenerio I pop a bottle of lifeleech hit virt and go to town with coda of wrath. The bottle of Lifeleech combined with coda of wrath saves you from healing back up with resto and wasting half of your virt.

Neither of these builds were ment to stand toe to toe with any dps class, but a more you have to beat me approach. Prior to 1.2 the only build really giving me trouble in PvP is a Marksman atm. Not claiming to be an eliteist was just lurking the forums and thought I would donate my 2 cents. Hope some people have fun with these builds. I am semi decently geared, mostly rank 2 and some T1 stuff. :300 Apoth + Bard is FTW!: With this build my cadence tics are averaging between 280 and 320.
    "You lost me at Balance"

or
    "You lost me at Balance"

Shadowlander

I love bard and wanted to experiment with the synergy with Deadly Dance, like you have done. It seems OK. I haven't taken it out much yet.

My ticks are roughly 165 (260). How are you getting 280 (320)?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...kVVqskqz.E00hz

My other car is a car

I have near 600 dex so my dodge rating is decent and I use dark malady to open and use side step when I need to. So its not a 100% of the time but its roughly 75%? That helps quite a bit because I have 2 points in turn the tide.
    Last edited by Am0n; 05-15-2011 at 02:40 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    I have near 600 dex so my dodge rating is decent and I use dark malady to open and use side step when I need to. So its not a 100% of the time but its roughly 75%? That helps quite a bit because I have 2 points in turn the tide.

Waited to long to edit:

I have 2 points in turn the tide, if you were wondering on the relevance of dodge lol
    "You lost me at Balance"

Just hope they implement a lute/flute/instrument to fit in the ranged slot for Bards.

It'd add some flavor
    And even better if the bard abilities only played sounds from that instrument instead of horns, lutes and whatnot..

Gief instruments with stats, wts bow..

Bards *OWN*

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Have you experimented with putting points into Contra Tempo? Every time you parry or dodge you get an extra combo point, turning Cadence into a 4-point ability generating an 84% increase from Deadly Strike.

My other car is a car

So you want to do melee in PvP, the worst spot for a Rogue, with a spec that has low survivability? Have fun with that.

And you are a bit late about the PvE BattleBard.
    ============ The Bard Soul Need A Total Rework! ============
    How to Make Bards More Fun! - Active Motifs vs. Passive Motifs.
    Bards Mechanics, Why They Are Lame - A Featured article on Rift Junkie discussing the Bard.
    The Bard as Pure Support - A 25+ page Thread on the role of Support and how it hold back Bards.
    Support/DPS Bard Prototype Soul - A prototype good Bard that would belong in the Rogue calling.

A GOOD Saboteur Prototype Soul Tree! - No need for Nerfs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    Have you experimented with putting points into Contra Tempo? Every time you parry or dodge you get an extra combo point, turning Cadence into a 4-point ability generating an 84% increase from Deadly Strike.
    Ya I have updated my build to do this

@ the guy that says a bard has low survivability, try the new super cadence before you dis it.
    "You lost me at Balance"

That looks interesting.
    1, 1, 1, 1, 1...2!

+ Reply to Thread