+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soloing experts with this build? Someone test please

Rift Disciple

Default Soloing experts with this build? Someone test please

With the crazy healing from cadence, I wonder how far into an expert a solo rogue with good gear could get. My rogue is only 47, so I can't test this myself, but could someone with a good tank set try it out please? You'll obviously lose to any dps race fights, and maybe can't even get past trash, but I'd like to see it tried. Here's the build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...zkzkR.xcz.xMdh

The strat is to basically use cadence as much as possible while keeping phantom armor/rift guard/guarded steel up, and deadly strike for the bonus to cadence.

Flev

Sez

*snicker**
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Flevius View Post
    With the crazy healing from cadence, I wonder how far into an expert a solo rogue with good gear could get. My rogue is only 47, so I can't test this myself, but could someone with a good tank set try it out please? You'll obviously lose to any dps race fights, and maybe can't even get past trash, but I'd like to see it tried. Here's the build:

The strat is to basically use cadence as much as possible while keeping phantom armor/rift guard/guarded steel up, and deadly strike for the bonus to cadence.

Flev
    Wouldn't even make it through the first trash pull, no coda of restoration. . . and then there is the fact that bard healing is a joke.

Rift Disciple

It could work.

Just imagine: You and your best 2 friends, sitting at a camp fire in your prefered cave.
    Suddenly a wild Rogue appears, gets out his lute and tries to kills you with his music. I would sure drop all the things i have on me and run like hell, because that guy is either a ****ing ******...

...or he is...

EL MARIACHI!

With the crazy healing from cadence
    You

a) missed April 1st by one and a half month
    or
    b) never actually met any other class that had any healing ability and neither ever entered an instance
    or
    c) dont play the same game we do
    or
    d) are REALLY bad at trolling

Honestly, cant figure out wich is true.

Flev
    Bard healing in Tier 1 or 2 still requires heavy large heals from a real healer.......period.

Soulwalker

id go with C

Rift Disciple

Cadence is doing slightly more than double its usual amount with deadly strike right now. Another thread had a post from a guy who solo healed RD as a bard casting cadence/cadence/cadence/deadly strike. This might not work, but I'd like someone to give it a shot. If you're on faeblight and have t2 or better tank gear, I'll even pay for the respecs to test it. I don't expect this build to be able to finish an expert because of the low dps, but I'm hopeful that it can at least get a few bosses in. FC might be a good choice, since there's no real DPS race until the end boss.

Flev

Cadence is doing slightly more than double its usual amount with deadly strike right now. Another thread had a post from a guy who solo healed RD as a bard casting cadence/cadence/cadence/deadly strike. This might not work, but I'd like someone to give it a shot. If you're on faeblight and have t2 or better tank gear, I'll even pay for the respecs to test it. I don't expect this build to be able to finish an expert because of the low dps, but I'm hopeful that it can at least get a few bosses in. FC might be a good choice, since there's no real DPS race until the end boss.

Flev
    The post from the other guy is bs.

If a post from a person said, if you jump of this cliff to do 5k DPS, would you do it?
    Last edited by Taemek; 05-14-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Taemek View Post
    Bard healing in Tier 1 or 2 still requires heavy large heals from a real healer.......period.
    I solo healed a good portion of Runic Descent as a bard a couple days ago. Including Wormwood.

In T2 gear with a T2/3 geared warrior tank. May have been able to do more but was just trying it for fun.
    Last edited by Aftergloom; 05-14-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy UKNOW View Post
    Wouldn't even make it through the first trash pull, no coda of restoration. . . and then there is the fact that bard healing is a joke.
    Coda of restoration would be a HPS loss. It's not affected by deadly strike, and costs a GCD. You'd either have to do a 3 point coda after the first cadence, burning 1.5 seconds for less healing than another 2 second cadence will do, or use 2 GCDs to do a 5 point restoration after the first cadence, then get back up to 5 for deadly strike after the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Aftergloom View Post
    I solo healed a good portion of Runic Descent as a bard a couple days ago. Including Wormwood.

In T2 gear with a T2/3 geared warrior tank.
    A good portion, not all.

Shadowlander

A good portion, not all.
    T1's & T2's dont "require" large heals from a real healer. We have a Justicar tank who can self heal IT with a Bard for occasional support.
    Last edited by Aftergloom; 05-14-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Rift Disciple

A good portion, not all.
    Like I said, I wouldn't expect this build to be able to finish a whole dungeon, but there are practical applications anyway, like farming recipes/boe items and whatnot, aside from satisfying curiosity. I don't expect my rogue to be geared enough to try it before deadly dance gets nerfed, so I'm hoping someone will give it a shot and report back.

Flev

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aftergloom View Post
    T1's & T2's dont "require" large heals from a real healer. We have a Justicar tank who can self heal IT with a Bard for occasional support.
    If you skipped the spider, you MIGHT be able to solo all of IT with this. You could lose the debuff from Caer with flashback and the other planar shifts. Probably couldn't outdamage the healer on the 3rd boss though.

Flev

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast