+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stealth detection mechanics

Soulwalker

Default Stealth detection mechanics

Hey everyone
    I wish to know about stealth detection mechanics. I noticed that when im stealthed, i can detect stealthed enemies much more better, i also think that when i use ability Elusiveness(even it only increases my stealth lvl) i can again much more detect enemies in stealth especialy in pvp. That was in last patches im not sure if that is still working. Actualy i think the higher is your stealth lvl the more u can detect stealth enemies, but my friend say it never did work this way. I want to know how is it work then.

Soulwalker

Ill be glad if you post some of your game experience about stealth, thanks.

Champion

I think its just the fact that you can get closer to them, thus they get into your stealth detection range (everyone has one based on level and distance).

Soulwalker

Ya that is what my friend told me, but since i was trying that in duel, where i saw enemy rogue so badly i just couldnt click him, then i used elusivenes and i noticed that i saw him better, i used it again and strike. The same think in WF, but i noticed that this is not working anymore and somebody say that it never worked this way and somebody agree with me, its like 50-50.

Rift Disciple

This isn't the case.

Factors that effect stealth "detection" (detection being seeing the stealthed person's ghost) are level difference between the two players, whether the stealthed person has Silent Footsteps (reduces detection by 30%, assuming distance), or if a person has an awareness buff (I think via beastmasters). Slip away will give you a short-term absolute stealth where no one can see you regardless of distance, and the PvP tree's stealth is supposedly undetectable.

Elusiveness is another factor altogether, but keep in mind when you're stealthed and trying to find another stealther, your chances increase at bumping into them because they also do not know where you are, and don't know where to go to avoid you. If you and another rogue are blinking around each other for short bursts and you use elusiveness, you'll see him while he won't be able to see you so he may not try to be as "dodgey" as he's assuming nothing has changes in the detection between you two.

Soulwalker

So is it possible that me as level 46 stealthed standing on enemy rogue lvl 44 stealthed is unable to detect him ? We was both chatting with each other but cannot see us.

Not to derail or promote flaming, but, is English your first language? Also, I believe it would specifically say that it increases your stealth detection, as the talents in BM from warriors would say.

I believe there is a skill in the Mage PVP soul that increases stealth detection as well.

Before 50, I remember seeing lower level enemies in stealth from far away if there was a vast level difference (say, level 39 seeing a level 32) but I think it's a bug that has since been fixed. Either way, it's been a long time since pre-50.

I have never noticed an increase in stealth detection with Silent Footsteps. When I duel with one of my guild co-rogues and we both go stealth, sometimes it takes 5 minutes before the actual fight starts because when you're specced for improved stealth, you are VERY hard to see unless they are right on top of you.
    Terk - Expert Marksman - Eternal IRON (Belmont)
    Eikke - Justicar (L4x) - Eternal IRON (Belmont)

My Marksman can beat up your Pyro...
    Terk's Guide to Marksman PVP (Cloak and Arrow style)

Soulwalker

Well this is about nothing. The reason for why i have created this thread is allready fixed. And maybe im just wrong. Btw ya my english is only for skilled ppl :-D

+ Reply to Thread