+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Penetrating-Shots worth it??

Rift Master

Default Is Penetrating-Shots worth it??

Did they fix Armor in PvP?

Or is Penetrating-Shots a waste of points?

Before it did not matter what Armor you wore in PvP as its all the same. I know they put Valor in, does Penetrating-Shots go through Valor?

I am still under 50

Plane Touched

No it does not go through Valor. People still wear armor however and always will. It is worth it. It's as good as it was before.
    Last edited by Pyrah; 05-12-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Telaran

I don't know that Armor was ever broken in PvP. I think that you may be conflating Armor and the re-scaling of Valor.

Short answer is, "Yes, it is worth it."

How much is it worth?

The answer is that it depends. The good news is that it scales really well; the more armor your target has the greater the overall reduction. Against a target with 5000 armor (Rogues will have something in this vicinity at 50) you will deal physical damage to them as if they had 4000 armor (somewhere between 8-10% more damage). Against a target with 10000 Armor you'll deal damage to them as if they had 8000 Armor (somewhere around 18% more damage).

An easy way to calculate this on your own is to look at your Character sheet and mouse over Armor to see what your reduction is. Calculate what 20% of that is and remove that much AC from your character by removing armor pieces equaling that. Mouse over your armor again and compare the difference in the two values.

Shadowlander

I'm a rogue at 50 and I don't have anywhere near 5,000 armor. I have 1,903. Where are you getting 5,000 from? Thx

My other car is a car

Telaran

Because of warriors, tanks, clerics, or mages in GoS you idiot.

Plane Touched

Wow angry much? He clearly states 5000 armour and says Rogues will have something in this vicinity at 50!

Hmm maybe a Riftstalker with Dungeon gear and Guarded Steel running, not a regular DPS Rogue. They will have more like 2k - 2.5k

Telaran

What he posted was an intelligent and easy to comprehend example. I suggest you reread his reply before further embarassment. His point wasnt so much about the semantics of Rogue amor but more about the point he was trying to convey.
    Last edited by Megatf; 05-15-2011 at 02:42 AM.

Telaran

So attacking a 2500 armor target you gain only about 2% physical damage dps for those 5 points.

Megatf, are you *the* Megatf?

Soulwalker

I use it on my ranger. My bow, got a chance to lower the armor by 505. So i find it nice how it stacks with Penetrating Shot.

2k Headshots in PvP are fun ^^

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Megatf View Post
    What he posted was an intelligent and easy to comprehend example. I suggest you reread his reply before further embarassment. His point wasnt so much about the semantics of Rogue amor but more about the point he was trying to convey.

Suggest you calm down and don't launch into calling people idiots.

Not our fault you get it all the time from your collegues at work.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Jaekal View Post
    Wow angry much? He clearly states 5000 armour and says Rogues will have something in this vicinity at 50!

Hmm maybe a Riftstalker with Dungeon gear and Guarded Steel running, not a regular DPS Rogue. They will have more like 2k - 2.5k
    I think you're right by the way. I only look at my armour stat when I'm in RS. Even so, I fully agree that 5 points for 20% ARP is well worth it, and not just for the damage boost.

1) All of your MM CP builders deal physical damage - so you'll get the benefit of it often.
    2) Most good MM PvP specs right now have a pretty heavy investment in the MM tree in order to get to some fantastic root abilities. These are 5 points that you'll want to spend to get to those root abilities, and there aren't really better places to put them.
    3) Values in MMOs trend upwards over time. Even if you don't think armor values are high now, by the time everyone is in full R6 gear the difference will be more pronounced.

+ Reply to Thread