+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dear Rogues, You're the only class in the game with a Rez now!

Plane Touched

Default Dear Rogues, You're the only class in the game with a Rez now!

Hi!

I'm a cleric!

Up until 1.2 i've been the one picking you back up after you pull aggro on a boss or helping you up when you forget to not-stand-in-fire. I've been the one that every single T2 dungeon has regretted only bringing rogues and not warriors or mages to assist in a group recovery or take turns releasing and running back through a dungeon to resurrect the group.
    I'm the player that has selflessly healed you in dungeons and recieved nothing in return, the player who is constantly belittled by "Dps Players" to "Go Healer Noob!" in PvP.

However as of 1.2 Trion seems to have accidentally removed my capabilities to resurrect group members in all but the most dire of situations.

Because of this, i am naturally deferring to you rogues as the new "Rez Masters". In the case in which a player dies, i wait happily for you to switch to bard and bring them back to life. In the case in which a group wipes, i bestow upon you the honor of releasing, running back through the entire instance, and rezzing the group that just went AFK for a soda.

Once again, i apologize that the current circumstances don't allow me to assist you in your time-consuming-bringing-players-back-to-life-duties, however i am assured that your forums were recently clamoring for this honorable duty and i am sure you will be happy with it.

Have fun.

-Signed
    ,Everyone else that has been rezzing you lazy rogues.
    Kama, Cleric of Briarcliff

Melee Chloromancer 2.0 <Shaman Justicar>

Sez

/golfclap

10char
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

your last statement makes you fail. if we dont have a rez how can you call us lazy? it's you guys that are super lazy, i find warriors doing 99% of the rezzing before 1.2 and now it's warriors and rogues, mages and clerics just stand there as if they dont have rez buttons... that's a good definition of lazy. and warrior rez has 20m range whereas yours is 35m!!!

i guarantee after 2 months of not being able to rez that you will not find a single rogue ever complain that we have to rez you lazy clerics and mages, we will glady do it! especially since we get perma stealth and can run back and get to any hard to get places and rez parties after wipes.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Disciple

I rez people on my cleric In fact I find it kind of annoying that most of the time people release and run back, or soul walk, before I can rez them, lol. I like rezzing.

Is Res broken? I don't get this post.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    your last statement makes you fail. if we dont have a rez how can you call us lazy? it's you guys that are super lazy, i find warriors doing 99% of the rezzing before 1.2 and now it's warriors and rogues, mages and clerics just stand there as if they dont have rez buttons... that's a good definition of lazy. and warrior rez has 20m range whereas yours is 35m!!!

i guarantee after 2 months of not being able to rez that you will not find a single rogue ever complain that we have to rez you lazy clerics and mages, we will glady do it! especially since we get perma stealth and can run back and get to any hard to get places and rez parties after wipes.
    Calm down chief he was obviously being humorous.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

I think rezzing should be a default Ascended skill, like Planar Lure. Always kind of irks me that only a few classes in MMOs can do this, when ultimately getting people back on on their feet is in everyone's best interest.

I like those games that allow anyone to "rez", and wish more MMOs followed suit. I think GW2 is planning to do it this way, which is just one more reason why I am looking forward to GW2.
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

Rift Chaser

I've never been made fun of while I'm healing on my Cleric, you just must be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kama Toki View Post
    -Signed
    ,Everyone else that has been rezzing you lazy rogues.
    Yay! We're excited to have a res too. It was pretty ridiculous to not have one, don't you think?

Can't wait to res you sometime soon. <3

Dear OP:

Of course we realize that only players of rare skill roll healers. It has nothing to do with the fact that being a healer makes them instantly viable and useful, no matter how terrible they are. Of course we know that playing whack-a-mole with raid frames is hard, and being able to spam heals from 30m away from any danger while not even having to face your target is skill.

In other words, you're the one who rolled a cleric. So res me, *****.
    Last edited by Cormyat; 05-11-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Champion of Telara

Too bad we have to waste a role to get the thing. As I don't see bard as being a very useful spec. It was already kind of bad/not needed, but now with the ease of PVE it's really not needed.

So now rogues have to waste a role that will have no real use outside switching over to rez.

Sword of Telara

i rezzed 4 times as many people as anyone else in my group yesterday. i enjoyed my new found ability to bring my friends and allies back to life that i had to begin it by incriminating the mage (throwing my threat to her as i exploded the enemies) so i could use it for the first time (a group of friends by the way, so it was found funny. not a random PuG).

that being said, bring drinks. i can do little to heal you up after i bring you back, and you are coming back with like 300 health and 0 mana. enjoy

Before the patch 'Call of the Ascended' was bugged and didn't consume planar charges. This meant that rogues of all souls could spam it. With that bug fixed your probly see less rogues ressing now as only bards have a res (that can be used more then once)
    Kuriarare - NiD - Shivermere

Hi!

I'm a cleric!
    Hi there! You're an a-hole too! Enjoy your dirtnap, lazy cleric who couldn't keep the party healed enough to keep from faceplanting!

-Signed
    Your face

Thumbs down

the one picking you back up after you pull aggro on a boss
    Haha, yes rogues has the best burst in-game so it's highly likely rogues pull aggro over geared mages, warriors and such

Try again!

fail troll
    "The universe is a machine where you have been placed, and like a machine the outcome can be known. Every battle has already been won or lost. All that is left is for you to choose your side."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast