+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Trion Do Not Bend to the Eradicate QQers

Default Trion Do Not Bend to the Eradicate QQers

The current situation makes the game more strategic with the buff stripping. Now more classes have to pick and choose fights properly, instead of just being able to blindly engage anyone and winning.

So instead of having a calling able to solo every other calling you have one of the weaker souls able to take out some of the more powerful souls, and yet still be vulnerable to another calling.

Learn and adapt. One class isn't meant to be able to solo every other class.
    Me killing you in your WFs
    Whats Left of Rift PVP Community: Average Players with Uber gear and bots
    Visualize lvl 50 Rogue
    ZinCarla lvl 50 Warrior
    Contender lvl 30 Cleric

The strategy being: Spec into souls that rely least on any buffs, because you will have none in PVP.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Plane Walker

Yea, the game is much more strategic when only the classes that don't rely on buffs can do well.

No, wait, strategic wasn't the word was looking for... the word I meant to use was... stupid.

Plane Walker

Aquire rank 5 pvp gear and get bent over by a rank 1 pyro.

Obviously you need to learn to adapt!

Quote Originally Posted by SwordSaint View Post
    Strip Strip Strip
    Buff Buff
    Strip Strip Strip
    Buff Buff
    Strip Strip Strip
    Buff Buff

No damage dealt or taken. No healing done. Mana and GCDs are wasted. It's really the perfect CC for some classes. Don't want any chloro, VK or Justicar to use their core abilities? There you go.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the day when cleanse removes combo points. Let no core mechanics be sacred.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Plane Touched The Blackswordsman's Avatar

So only one class can have a spammable dispell, while others rely on chance or 5s cds... not that I mind the Justicar tears... though, not much 'strategy' involved in skill spamming, IMO.
    Last edited by The Blackswordsman; 05-11-2011 at 08:47 AM.
    Prestige 6 Soloer

Bathing in blood and tears.

-ROFLMANCER- Pyro/Dom/Arch (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Ebethil View Post
    Yea, the game is much more strategic when only the classes that don't rely on buffs can do well.

No, wait, strategic wasn't the word was looking for... the word I meant to use was... stupid.
    The same can be said for a ranged class still hitting for 7k, on full rank6 geared players, while remaining completely immune to cc. Sounds stupid to play souls other than pyro.
    Last edited by Arcshayde; 05-11-2011 at 08:48 AM.

@Trion, please ignore @OP.

I've said it in other threads and I'll say it again. As someone who has actively played MM since beta, while the changes are all nice and fun now, the purge needs some form of CD.

It is over powered, and it takes no skill to just spam that button.

One point the OP had correct was that PvP needs to be strategic...for ALL classes, not just those that a MM can strip bare. We should be having to weigh the use of the purge CD, its ramifications, and its most beneficial timing, not just mash the button because we can.
    Dimensions on Faeblight
    Rajmali: The Soggy Tissue (Gloamwood Glen), Raj's Study (Breach Chamber)
    Lachei: 55 Rue Plumet (Plaza Aurentine)
    Giorn: Tuldio Museum and Library (Edge of Infinity), Chateau Anju (Mathosian Cascades), Sea Breeze (Threesprings), Titan Arena (Shal Korva)

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by SwordSaint View Post
    The current situation makes the game more strategic with the buff stripping. Now more classes have to pick and choose fights properly, instead of just being able to blindly engage anyone and winning.

So instead of having a calling able to solo every other calling you have one of the weaker souls able to take out some of the more powerful souls, and yet still be vulnerable to another calling.

Silly rogue...a spammable attack creating strategic pvp? Is this your first rodeo?

Javert, how would you change it?
    1 on 5sec?
    2 on 20sec?
    Full strip on 60sec?

Full strip sounds more "Eradicate" than anything else.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Rift Disciple

I think what people want is real viable alternatives to fotm cookie cutter specs. At least for mages the 1.2 changes reduced our options which already sucked. In current pvp chloro fails, Dom fails, and SC fails. Basically all the alternatives to pyro and necrolock are broken now.

Rift Master

I don't have a problem with spammable dispels, but why does only one class have them? Every other class that has a dispel is on a VERY long cooldown. Either spread the wealth so that one class doesn't have 100x the dispel ability, or align it to be more like other dispel mechanics.

Also, yes, core class mechanics should never be able to be dispelled. Lifegiving Veil as an example. That's the kind of *pathetic* oversight that doesn't make me doubt for one second that the same fools who ran Warhammer into the ground are happily working on this game.
    Last edited by Lysander Salavone; 05-11-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    Javert, how would you change it?
    1 on 5sec?
    2 on 20sec?
    Full strip on 60sec?

Full strip sounds more "Eradicate" than anything else.
    I agree that a full strip sounds more along the lines of what the name implies. And I could see it taking this path with a long CD, it could start at 60 seconds as you suggested and be tuned from there as we see how it played out (hopefully on PTS). For a 44 point ability, I don't necessarily think that would be OP either.

Some have posted that part of the issue with Eradicate is a huge learning curve in being able to focus on the battle raging around you, and the couple of icons that just disappeared over your head. A full strip version would eliminate that issue, because it would be obvious, even if you were not paying close attention that something bad just happened.

Kind of like an sin popping out of stealth behind you, when you see that bar of icons go away, you switch immediately into defensive mode.

On the other hand, I could live with it if it just followed the already established CD's for all other purges. 5 seconds per buff removed. Then they can change the number of buffs till their hearts content, and this fits in with all other purge abilities, and probably avoids the QQ that a full strip would cause.
    Dimensions on Faeblight
    Rajmali: The Soggy Tissue (Gloamwood Glen), Raj's Study (Breach Chamber)
    Lachei: 55 Rue Plumet (Plaza Aurentine)
    Giorn: Tuldio Museum and Library (Edge of Infinity), Chateau Anju (Mathosian Cascades), Sea Breeze (Threesprings), Titan Arena (Shal Korva)

Quote Originally Posted by Javert View Post
    I've said it in other threads and I'll say it again. As someone who has actively played MM since beta, while the changes are all nice and fun now, the purge needs some form of CD.
    I was in beta also, played MM. That means I negate your BS. In-fact I tried every soul in beta. You joined when? After beta? K.

BTW everyone can get their buffs stripped. If your scared of getting your buffs stripped don't fight a MM. I'm pretty sure you can still solo the other souls.
    Me killing you in your WFs
    Whats Left of Rift PVP Community: Average Players with Uber gear and bots
    Visualize lvl 50 Rogue
    ZinCarla lvl 50 Warrior
    Contender lvl 30 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    Personally, I'm looking forward to the day when cleanse removes combo points. Let no core mechanics be sacred.
    YES!! There are builds that can strip buffs, builds that can mana drain, builds that can silence/interrupt, but I have yet to see a soul combo that can drain energy/slow regen or remove combo/attack points.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast