+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Trion Do Not Bend to the Eradicate QQers

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    so can we get rid of healing since my core mechanic as a marksman is doing damage and that can be completely negated by a healer?

or is it only core mechanics that go along with your class?
    ..... Yea lets get rid of Healers since they negate my core mechanic of my Pyromancer.. which is damage..

Jesus dude, are you naturally this bloody stupid?

Does a Healer heal through your damage, yes unless you provide CC and proper debuffs on him, and assist others, you can bring down that healer.... Did it all the time before the patch, wasn't that hard, and they made it even easier without Eradicate after the patch.

You seem to think that because Healers were hard to kill, you deserve the ability to completely negate every healer in the game by yourself..

Not to mention countless classes and defensive cooldowns.

You have more ability to negate an entire team then the Dominator Does with his entire tree, While maintaining extremely high dps.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Sure, but by that logic we'll need to have purges remove all mana, energy, and combo points too. Those are all core mechanics. Right?

Stop trolling.
    you're the one who is trolling by trying to get buffs passed off as core mechanics. you just said it mana energy and combo points are the core mechanics. eradicate doesn't get rid of those. LVG and the Meins are BUFFS not the core mechanics.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    Now we're getting somewhere.

Cleric Balance:

To kill one please bring at least the following:
    - at least 2-3 people
    - at least one heal debuff (if skipped, 6-7 people required)
    - at least 30 seconds of dedicated time

If the cleric is not solo, multiply above values for total number of players with the cleric (including the cleric)
    Yes, and no. The healing to damage ratio isn't just additive, because the ceiling (persons max hp) is relatively low. There is a balance between too many healers, and too much DPS. You reach a point in DPS where there is absolutely no healing a person. But if you have too little dps, you will never kill someone. The variance should lie in player skill, but with the valor changes, it seems more like gear is the first check, and then stupid is the second check.

If healing because meaningless, then healers become meaningless. Game just turns into a giant game of CSS Deathmatch. Run out, attack, die, res, repeat. There is a balance to it. I'm not saying 6 people shouldn't be able to kill a healer. I'm saying 2-3 good players working together should outright murder one, and the unorganized and stupid will have to endure their own undoing by being such.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post

You have more ability to negate an entire team then the Dominator Does with his entire tree, While maintaining extremely high dps.
    maybe you should ask yourself the same question.

as for the healer thing, it was more of a joke toward those crying that their "core mechanic" is negated.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    ..... Yea lets get rid of Healers since they negate my core mechanic of my Pyromancer.. which is damage..

Does a Healer heal through your damage, yes unless you provide CC and proper debuffs on him, and assist others, you can bring down that healer.... Did it all the time before the patch, wasn't that hard, and they made it even easier without Eradicate after the patch.

You seem to think that because Healers were hard to kill, you deserve the ability to completely negate every healer in the game by yourself..

Not to mention countless classes and defensive cooldowns.

Are you talking about marksmen in your final paragraph? You can't negate an entire team because eradicate is single target and some hots are AE. If there are multiple healers on the other team, you also can't negate their casted heals. And finally, if you are stripping buffs off a single target that is getting a lot put on constantly - instant hots, you won't be doing any "extremely high" dps.

Telaran

you're the one who is trolling by trying to get buffs passed off as core mechanics. you just said it mana energy and combo points are the core mechanics. eradicate doesn't get rid of those. LVG and the Meins are BUFFS not the core mechanics.
    Umm, yeah, they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinich View Post
    Umm, yeah, they are.
    I'm with you two, they are buffs.

But I wouldn't mind removing the CD from LGV.
    Last edited by Tugrath; 05-12-2011 at 09:25 AM.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    Are you talking about marksmen in your final paragraph? You can't negate an entire team because eradicate is single target and some hots are AE. If there are multiple healers on the other team, you also can't negate their casted heals. And finally, if you are stripping buffs off a single target that is getting a lot put on constantly - instant hots, you won't be doing any "extremely high" dps.
    If they are relying on hots and you are stripping them off, you are doing damage (this implies that they are being damaged).

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    Not necessarily. Healing debuff applied to new buffs, not hots previously on the player before the debuff. That combined with stacking hots meant the healing debuff was ineffective if you had hots on before you got hit with the healing debuff.

So, again, not really.
    That is another part of the problem. Broken *** mechanics. The theory is sound, its not my fault Trion can't seem to get their **** together.

Worst. Reply. Ever.

That IS PvP right there. If thats isn't what you want, then go play Counter Strike. You can 1 shot people, and there's no healing. Because that is clearly what you are looking for.
    its more of a quip at the people saying their core mechanic should not be removed. when other classes have their core mechanics removed all the time. so whats good for the goose .....

Lifegiving Veil is very much a core mechanic.

A Chloro without it is a warm target dummy. Claiming otherwise makes you an idiot.

The difference between LGV and Meins are, unless something changed, a cooldown. Locking someone out of their roles primary capacity for 15s at a time with an ability that has no cooldown is ridiculous, more on the end of there being a CD on LGV than there not being one on Eradicate.

Soulwalker

It sure as heck shouldnt strip a 51 point ability, like the VK.

Umm, yeah, they are.
    um no they are not ... the CORE mechanics are mana and combo points. LVG and Meins are buffs you get by going down different souls. just like warlock armor and poisons from assassins.

its more of a quip at the people saying their core mechanic should not be removed. when other classes have their core mechanics removed all the time. so whats good for the goose .....
    Name them.

What can be taken away from a Rogue that completely removes his ability to deal damage? If one exists, how long is the cooldown?

Sounds like you know less than you think about other Callings.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    Name them.

What can be taken away from a Rogue that completely removes his ability to deal damage? If one exists, how long is the cooldown?

Sounds like you know less than you think about other Callings.
    heals remove the ability for rogues to deal damage. i have to constantly reapply the damage which is constantly stripped off its not fair my damage should be undispellable.

sound familiar?
    Last edited by Apoth; 05-12-2011 at 09:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast